Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen and Squadron 42 split - now you suddenly have to buy second one.

Comments

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    SEANMCAD said:
    goobsnews said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    goobsnews said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    goobsnews said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    goobsnews said:
    They also started charging people's accounts for money "owed" due to gifted ships being melted and or chargeback-ed. Very scary stuff.
    scary? really?

seriously?

scary?
    [mod edit]
    scary as in 'If I find the game charges odd I can simply not buy the game' kinda scary or
    'CR is coming in my room with a freddy krueger mask and forcing me to buy his game' kinda scary?
    ....a chargeback is for people who have already bought the game [mod edit]. Kind of late for someone to not buy the game when they've already BOUGHT THE GAME. [mod edit]
    oh so you admit that you have bought the game already?
    [mod edit]
    I will take your answer as a yes to my question.

I do have to admit i find it odd that you would buy a game that you clearly find questionable at multiple levels but perhaps this will be a lesson for you to be careful on what you buy
    Just ignore him he is one of those Goob Squad trolls that support Derek Smart. 

• rifleman223rifleman223 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited February 2016
    I have to buy the SQ42 game pass, even though i was expecting my package to still contain SQ42, but nope, since they seperated the two. Glad i didnt spend any actual money on the game, and just a redeemable code. At this point the game is starting to look more like Freelancer with the feature creep, all while there's no Microsoft Game Studios there to save the day
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    I have to buy the SQ42 game pass, even though i was expecting my package to still contain SQ42, but nope, since they seperated the two. Glad i didnt spend any actual money on the game, and just a redeemable code. At this point the game is starting to look more like Freelancer with the feature creep, all while there's no Microsoft Game Studios there to save the day
    This sounds like you got the free code from an AMD grafic card deal. Nice racing paint job, BTW.

CIG has NOT separated SQ42 and Star Citizen yet.  The split is planned to occur on 14th Feb 2016.

If you check your account page, it shows what is included in your free package (to my knowledge for the AMD card deal that was only Star Citizen, without SQ42).

Have fun
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Did the OP really say "Suddenly" in the title?  

Really?
    edited February 2016

Really?
    Not only that ... his "friends" were also bumping it through 20 thread pages ;-)

So .. here .. another charity bump.

Have fun
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited February 2016
    Erillion said:

Really?
    Not only that ... his "friends" were also bumping it through 20 thread pages ;-)

Have fun
    LOL you don't quite understand what irony is. You are a very special forum member sir, let me tell you this. Nobody needs "friends" to bump a thread in the SC forum.

You are doing overtime to bump any thread in this forum especially the ones that praise Star Citizen and its chairman.

so, you know .... have fun! :)
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited February 2016
    Erillion said:

Really?

Have fun
    @Erillion - "Second ... CIG has been talking about this for quite some time, specifially at the December livestream ... so much for your "suddenly". "

Would suddenly be 3 weeks, 2weeks, or 24hours? 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I hate that they are doing this on the 14th, it's so detestably corny.
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    FULL BURN!!!

You'll see, the only truth in this 'verse is you and me.

Where the &%@ is that game? I want to buy that game.

bcbully said:
    @Erillion - "Second ... CIG has been talking about this for quite some time, specifially at the December livestream ... so much for your "suddenly". "

As it has been announced for the first time by CIG  in October 2015 ... do the math.

Have fun
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nobody told you the cake was a lie?  Every development goes through changes and the final product never comes out looking like the original concept.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Nobody told you the cake was a lie?  Every development goes through changes and the final product never comes out looking like the original concept.
    IF we accepted that we'd look silly walking around with pitchforks and torches. We like Pitchforks and torches.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Erillion said:
    bcbully said:

As it has been announced for the first time by CIG  in October 2015 ... do the math.

Have fun

The initial mention was so low key they might have well whispered it to each other in a sound proofed room.
    The only time it gained any attention was in the December livestream.

The initial mention was so low key they might have well whispered it to each other in a sound proofed room.

Sending something (in this case a video) out to the internet is "whispering in a sound proofed room" ?

It was so "low key" that you can still read the discussion thread about it in the official forum (or here ... scroll up). The relevant subsection can be accessed from the internet for everyone interested. Is THAT "whispering in a sound proofed room" ?

Have fun
  • rifleman223rifleman223 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited February 2016
    More so I think its the fact that CR has a reputation of doing this that people just don't like the perception. I always judge off of the final product, but after Wing Commander its pretty known that CR had a falling out and went to bollywood.

Right now, SC is decent, its not much more than what ED was two years ago a mere alpha. Obviously as we have seen throughout these years was that CR went on a tirade of adding new features and changing the old ones. He changes the framework too often and if he continues to do so, then SC will turn into another Freelancer. As I've stated again.

He's never happy with the final product, peers who have worked with him have stated that Roberts is considerably stubborn.

Obviously people will nickpick creative decisions. But why with a GOLDEN CHALICE (of gamers money) DOES HE CONTINUE TO DO IT.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    More so I think its the fact that CR has a reputation of doing this that people just don't like the perception. I always judge off of the final product, but after Wing Commander its pretty known that CR had a falling out and went to bollywood.

Right now, SC is decent, its not much more than what ED was two years ago a mere alpha. Obviously as we have seen throughout these years was that CR went on a tirade of adding new features and changing the old ones. He changes the framework too often and if he continues to do so, then SC will turn into another Freelancer. As I've stated again.

He's never happy with the final product, peers who have worked with him have stated that Roberts is considerably stubborn.

Obviously people will nickpick creative decisions. But why with a GOLDEN CHALICE (of gamers money) DOES HE CONTINUE TO DO IT.
    I think you can look at that in one of two ways, he's looking at it from the view devs seemed to initially go into crowdfunding with, they can bypass the typical dealings they have had with publishers (products being rushed, deadlines, limited scope).. Or he's too much the perfectionist for his own good and it leads to too much second guessing of his work, preventing forward progress.. I've worked with musicians who are that way numerous times, it rarely goes anywhere. While their ideas and creative input can be genius, it means little if you don't finish what you start.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited February 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    FULL BURN!!!

You'll see, the only truth in this 'verse is you and me.

Where the &%@ is that game? I want to buy that game.

You guys ever see the movie 300? This doesn't look like someone making a game. Someone that is making a movie. I would love to see the contracts CR made with these actors, just to see what may also be guaranteed in there. Wonder if he put anything in it about a movie that could get made down the line. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Erillion said:

Sending something (in this case a video) out to the internet is "whispering in a sound proofed room" ?

It was so "low key" that you can still read the discussion thread about it in the official forum (or here ... scroll up). The relevant subsection can be accessed from the internet for everyone interested. Is THAT "whispering in a sound proofed room" ?

Have fun
    CIG "said all kinds of things in videos" that never came true. Why does your spin never argue this?

You say everyone "should" have known this and this. People here didn't know it. People on reddit didn't know it. People on RSI forums didn't know it. People on IMDB didn't know it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4156346/board/nest/249277705?ref_=tt_bd_1

At best, understanding varied, the message was vague. To come along now and say "everyone knew" is patently false, as has been most of the propaganda you regurgitate.

People are paying more attention now, letting CIG get away with less and less, as it absolutely should be. You know, if they'd stick to what they say, buckle down and make games, instead of fleecing gamers, filling their heads full of fluff, many moderates would likely settle down and we wouldn't be having these conversations.

YOU did not know - others did. See discussions on RSI forum in October  ;-) 

Have fun
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Erillion said:
    bcbully said:

Have fun
    on top of that even way back in 2013 the games were listed as separate games in the pledge packs even. This is just another reason for the Smart Fanclub to whine. Next they will whine that they didn't get a toy with their happy meal , or LTI with their pledge.

Erillion said:

Have fun

We only covered this the other day Erillion, repeating your weasel words does not make it any more true.

The forum poll only had 69 participants and less than 20 thread responses, there are over 1 million registered forum users. Perhaps you'd like to tell everybody what that is as a percentage?

That is what I'm referring to when saying "whispering in a sound proofed room".
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Erillion said:
    bcbully said:

Have fun
    on top of that even way back in 2013 the games were listed as separate games in the pledge packs even. This is just another reason for the Smart Fanclub to whine. Next they will whine that they didn't get a toy with their happy meal , or LTI with their pledge.
    They would have listed it that way in any case. This allows the company things like ban from the Multiplayer with allowing access to single player. Furthermore it allows the patcher to difference between Versions of SQ42 and PU.

This is no indication of seperate products, it is an indication of different modules.

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• DaderickDaderick Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Make sure you pledge before Feb 14th.  After that it'll cost you $15 more than it does now.

Visit us over at Star Citizen Privateer!

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Daderick said:
    Make sure you pledge before Feb 14th.  After that it'll cost you $15 more than it does now.
    Or make sure you get a refund (or chargeback if CIG won't give you one) and buy the game IF you like it IF it's ever actually released in any form close to what they've been promising.

..Cake..

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Erillion said:

Have fun

We only covered this the other day Erillion, repeating your weasel words does not make it any more true.

The forum poll only had 69 participants and less than 20 thread responses, there are over 1 million registered forum users. Perhaps you'd like to tell everybody what that is as a percentage?

That is what I'm referring to when saying "whispering in a sound proofed room".
    The poll wasn't about "did you know?", it was about "should it be done?"

All that indicates people aren't  bothered about it being done or not.

Again, the only ones saying they never knew are those who never backed, only look for information that fits their PoV or just haven't been keeping up-to-date with anything.

Overall, the information was there. It was on the buy page for god knows how long and was stated again and again by streamers and was mentioned by CIG, all in a reasonable time frame. So no, it wasn't a sudden change. If people didn't know until now, that's no one else fault if i'm to be brutally honesty.