I know this probably does a lot of heart break and a new wave of anti-kickstarterism! XD
But I personally am very happy about game being ported to UnrealEngine, of course if they don't run out of money and can actually deliver one day. https://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/news/275-the-future-of-the-repopulation
- Is not cancelled.
- HeroEngine bye bye.
- The Repopulation is being ported to Unreal Engine. While many of its assets will convert over easily to Unreal Engine, the game's code will need to be rewritten from scratch.
- The development will set back by a significant period of time, no estimates announced.
- The game will be released in modules.
- First module "Fragmented" will be released on February which is a sci-fi survival game set in TR world.
- Beyond graphics improvements there will be major performance improvements, DX12 support, server management (official and 3rd party with high level of customization and modding and rules)
- VR support is planned but not confirmed.
- This hasn't change the whole game plan at all, Fragmented is basically getting released to give backers something
to do whilst the port is getting done.
next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon.