Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improving the User Experience

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageImproving the User Experience

As Gloria Victis is moving closer and closer to the long-awaited Steam release, improving the newcomers’ user experience becomes a key goal of the development process. It means not only improving the performance or fixing issues of any kind but also introducing the players into the gameplay mechanics in an intuitive, user-friendly way.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bryanettebryanette Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Yay, at last something quest a like!
  • LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    TL;DR launch date announced?
  • samurai225samurai225 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Nice been keeping a close eye on this. Can't wait to play it
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I suppose the writer takes it for granted that everyone who reads this knows the launch date and current stage of development. I don't keep up with this game so it would of been nice for some sort of a time frame but that's just me.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Everyone of GV's updates get me more and more hyped, fingers crossed for some more combat improvements before the Steam launch.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    it has come a long way since i first played the alpha.

the devs of df and mortal should take notes.

grats on the work so far to the gv devs....

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    If they just had the combat of darkfall this game would one the most anticipated games. Still excited about the game even in it's current somewhat crude state.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Torval said:

I suppose the writer takes it for granted that everyone who reads this knows the launch date and current stage of development. I don't keep up with this game so it would of been nice for some sort of a time frame but that's just me.

According to their official news page the game is in v0.5.5 alpha. http://www.gloriavictisgame.com/

I didn't dig deep, but from what I can tell there isn't a hard and fast release date. You can play now by "donating" a pledge on their website. Here is a link to the Steam Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225671457

Right, but it's supposed to come out on Steam Early Acces fairly soon, which is when I assume it will go into beta.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com