Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it dead? Is it crap?

1235»

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 21,957
    I tried STO several years after it launched.  My verdict was that they were trying way to hard to make "it's Star Trek", and not nearly hard enough to make "it's a good game".  As a result, the gameplay was pretty terrible, but it definitely had a Star Trek feel to it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,634
    Sal1 said:
    It's not dead and it's not crap. Sign on and play and see. If you love any of the Star Trek shows and movies you will have fun in this game.
    I highly doubt ANYONE on this site was a bigger trekkie than me.I used to run home from school just in time to catch it on tv every single day.There were three shows in order that i rarely ever missed,Star Trek,Ultraman and Lost in Space ..yeah shoot me,i was just a kid.
    I think they might of actually still been in black n white but my memory is not good enough to remember that transition,that's over 50 years ago.

There was a couple others shows i watched religiously,Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Land of the giants.

The 60's was a great time to be a kid watching TV.We had all the Ray harryhausen stuff as well,great movies for their time.

Long story short,you have no idea how disappointed i was  first stepping into STO,i was beyond angry at how lazy a game design it was.It sent such a message to me that i still remember the exact point i logged out of the game for good.I came up to an elevator and there wasn't even an elevator,all you did was click the door.I was like wtf is this crap,i could make a moving elevator for them in like 10 minutes.
    Tokken

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,356
    Wizardry said:
    There were three shows in order that i rarely ever missed,Star Trek,Ultraman and Lost in Space ..yeah shoot me,i was just a kid.

I thought Star Trek and Lost in space where great! Never saw Ultraman as a kid. Star Trek still holds up and Lost in Space "can" if one is in the right mindset.