Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Addictive is this game?

SuperSpongeSuperSponge Member Posts: 14

I wanted to try a p2p mmorpg in my summer holiday and i saw a great deal for eve on ebay. My problem is that mmorpg's are most of the time really addictive and i don't plan to play longer than 3 maybe 4 months. What are your experiences with eve?

w00t?

Comments

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

EVE is very addictive, if it's your kind of game. The reason is that the world is very immersive, and the options as to what you can do are so open and varied that it really sucks you in. It's a very mature, serious, thinking type of game, and if that's your cup of tea, EVE can very much addict you, at least as much as any other MMORPG, perhaps more if it's your cup of tea because there isn't really another MMO out there like it at the moment.

I tend to play EVE in spurts of a few months at a time, and then take a break. During the spurts, it becomes very absorbing indeed, which it why it is good to take breaks periodically.

• SuperSpongeSuperSponge Member Posts: 14

thanks for the reply. i'm now playing the 14 day trail but i dont understand it one bit >_< but i heard the learning curve is rather big so ill just keep trying

w00t?

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Originally posted by SuperSponge
    thanks for the reply. i'm now playing the 14 day trail but i dont understand it one bit >_< but i heard the learning curve is rather big so ill just keep trying

Yes, it's hard to get into.

A couple of recommendations:

1. Join the Help Channel in game. Lots of good advice there and usually friendly answers to questions.

2. Visit www.eve-i.com ... it's a website that has a lot of great information buried in the forums there as well as elsewhere on the site.

3. Be patient. It's the kind of game where you play it for 6 months and you're still learning new stuff about how this or that really works. It's kind of an involved game in that way.

• SuperSpongeSuperSponge Member Posts: 14
    Okay thanks for the info :)

w00t?

• NeomNeom Member Posts: 9
    at first this game is so boring but once you get to about 200k skill points the fun starts rolling find a awsome corp and start having fun.
  • FoxFlameFoxFlame Member Posts: 4

At the same time though: be careful about which corporation you join once you leave your newbie corp. Join the wrong one and that's when it isn't fun. Player corporations can declare war, and have war declared upon them, so that you're now in a non-consentual PvP situation. Nothing like a rival guild Apocolypse warping in beside you while you're AFK mining in your Itty V.

• IamBenIamBen Member Posts: 6

EvE is probaly the greatest game I have ever played. But it takes months or maybe longer to really understant what you are doing in the EvE universe. The learning curve is constant I dont think you ever stop learning in EvE. That said it offers politics and posiblities beyond any game out there. EvE is the only game where you really can "rule" or "win" in a number of different ways: Capitalism or Combat.

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

1. Choose what you want to be

2. Go to recruit channel and say "n00b looking for a nice corp", you get million convo invitations

3. The corpo will tell you what to do in the game, dont be shy to ask ::::28::