Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Division needs some Addition

psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
Division is boring as dirt. Even the pvp is tedious I really should have known better. Destiny for the crap it was at release was more fun than this. 

Comments

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    It's a highly restrictive beta.  You get to do one storyline mission.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i havent played the beta, but if Destiny is more fun then thanks, you just saved me $60. Destiny is terribly boring.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Yea at least Destiny had some variety between planets. Imagine spending the rest of your life wandering knee deep through a landfill trash dump trying to dodge seagulls shitting on you. That pretty much describes the Division as it sits now.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Quesa said:
    I wouldn't want to do too much.  Are there side missions to complete?

I didn't expect the full experience to be available in the beta.

• HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    psiic said:
    Division is boring as dirt. Even the pvp is tedious I really should have known better. Destiny for the crap it was at release was more fun than this. 
    Hey buddy, did you read anything? Beta has only access to less then 15% of the game. We wouldent want people trying to show off everything before it's even out.

Betas try to stay SPOILER free. 

Hence why some betas cap levels or missions/quests, which is what happened here.
    Quesa said:

There are some encounters but the game lets you do one story mission and then tells you to go explore the black zone.  You don't get to upgrade your base past 1 step of 10 in 1 of 4 main areas, you don't get to craft, and you don't get to fully upgrade your character.  Those are just the things I noticed.

This is a stress test beta that is highly restricted as to not ruin the release experience, while the game might be boring upon release the OP has no idea or enough evidence to even make an educated assumption on how it will be because they have blocked you from a huge chunk of it for testing purposes.
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390

Quesa said:

Tons. Angry Joe got to do a couple for the press one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpPLATt94n0

Quesa said:

Tons. Angry Joe got to do a couple for the press one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpPLATt94n0

LevelCap also had a chance to play.  

I stopped watching Angry Joe as he seems to inject so much theater into his videos that it suppresses some of his better and more articulate points.  LevelCap is my go-to for FPS information, commentary, and action videos.
  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Well, I played the beta for seven hours and only stopped because of an appointment. Will be on again as soon as humanly possible and can't wait for the full game.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    I played for about three hours, and while I was a bit disappointed that the intro of the game was cut out and you could only do one base mission, I still plan on going back in and doing some more random side missions.  Did anyone find the chicks apartment from the origins video?  There's a ton of goodies in there.  It's actually in the game.