Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Marine news, and two devs leave.

Comments

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    edited January 2016
    dsmart said:
    Hey Guis!!

Look at all this mean stuff this guy wrote. Then he came up with this too. I mean seriously, he's begging to be sued, right?

ktnx bye

ps: We now know who Erillion is. Going to figure out how to break the news to you denizens without being accused of doxing. It's a doozy. But my guess is that some of you already suspected all this time.
    Post it on your blog, cause if you post it here it will just get deleted. Post it on your blog and link that wonderful information here!

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:
    INN has the complete transcript. An excerpt:

"...Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together.."

"...When we’ve got that basic set together we will sort of turn on the map for Star Marine because all Star Marine is, is a game mode..."

Have fun

All you did was link the quote from where Chris did a 180 on his previous statements about Star Marine.  Before that statement, it was to be a separate game mode/module.  This is evident in the game menu shown in many videos where it was positioned beside the AC icon and not as a subsection of it.

Every interview and marketing video make by CIG either stated or implied that Star Marine was to be separate from AC as a game mode.  You can quote the current statements all you want but it only shows clear proof that Chris has done a 180 on what we have been told in the past.

Yes, that's what they're doing. Here is a very - very - accurate timeline of Star Marine

And of course the thread that's already on fire, has even more info on that. For example.

The extremist White Knights are doing the usual revisionist history thing. In the case of Erillion, one can understand why. 

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    dsmart said:

ps: We now know who Erillion is. Going to figure out how to break the news to you denizens without being accused of doxing. It's a doozy. But my guess is that some of you already suspected all this time.

• LoveRemovalMachineLoveRemovalMachine Member UncommonPosts: 213
    A glimpse into the future:

We are always in a race what our intelligence can do for us and what our intelligence does to us.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    dsmart said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

"...Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together.."

"...When we’ve got that basic set together we will sort of turn on the map for Star Marine because all Star Marine is, is a game mode..."

Have fun

All you did was link the quote from where Chris did a 180 on his previous statements about Star Marine.  Before that statement, it was to be a separate game mode/module.  This is evident in the game menu shown in many videos where it was positioned beside the AC icon and not as a subsection of it.

Every interview and marketing video make by CIG either stated or implied that Star Marine was to be separate from AC as a game mode.  You can quote the current statements all you want but it only shows clear proof that Chris has done a 180 on what we have been told in the past.

Yes, that's what they're doing. Here is a very - very - accurate timeline of Star Marine

And of course the thread that's already on fire, has even more info on that. For example.

The extremist White Knights are doing the usual revisionist history thing. In the case of Erillion, one can understand why. 

Hey Derek, ok, ok. White Knight propaganda aside. As a developer, you must agree that killing whatever Star Marine was proposed, until something saleable is released, is a good idea, no?

i mean, say what you will, but there are obviously few tethers that can be cut at this point to decrease scope enough to be able to release a game. I'd venture to say this isn't the last feature to be cut either. That doesn't mean it will not be released, but the focus should be on releasing A game. Wouldn't you make the same call?

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    CrazKanuk said:
    dsmart said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Hey Derek, ok, ok. White Knight propaganda aside. As a developer, you must agree that killing whatever Star Marine was proposed, until something saleable is released, is a good idea, no?

i mean, say what you will, but there are obviously few tethers that can be cut at this point to decrease scope enough to be able to release a game. I'd venture to say this isn't the last feature to be cut either. That doesn't mean it will not be released, but the focus should be on releasing A game. Wouldn't you make the same call?
    Well not being DS I just wanted to say if it is on hold (I believe it is dead personally and was only there to get backers in) and now seems to be what a lot of backers didn't realize what it will be now. Then everyone of those backers should be given their money back. A LOT of backers only backed CIG for SM. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    dsmart said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Did they not state that star marine was to the name of the fps module they were going to test and that they just did the PTU instead of releasing another module standalone. Meaning the star marine assets are packaged into the PTU currently live.

Backers paid for SQ42 and the PU online options, I dont see why you are trying to make a big deal about star marine when that was simply the name given to a testing module.
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Xeno.phon said:
    Did they not state that star marine was to the name of the fps module they were going to test and that they just did the PTU instead of releasing another module standalone. Meaning the star marine assets are packaged into the PTU currently live.

Backers paid for SQ42 and the PU online options, I dont see why you are trying to make a big deal about star marine when that was simply the name given to a testing module.
    Interesting. So the Star Marine assets are in the PU? Cool, okay so where are:

Recoil patterns
    Weapon Sway
    Cover system
    Hip fire and ADS recoil modifications
    More than two weapons
    Sata ball
    Golden Horizons map/arena

??
    edited January 2016
    Xeno.phon said:
    dsmart said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

A lot of backers only gave money because of SM. So like I said everyone of those backers if they want a refund should get it. You also can't say it will be coming, when it was said it was only a few weeks away in the past now the story has changed. Which is exactly why CR should never be the main guy running the company. He needs a NO person in front of him. 

I would love to hear what Sandi has to say if this thing finally goes boom. 

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    lololol
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Xeno.phon said:

If what you say is true then why not just eliminate Star Marine instead of just postpone it?  If the features promised in Star Marine are currently in the PU then why the announcement it was moved back in the development schedule?  Why would you create a finished product and THEN make a test module to release to the players? 

Chris Roberts has been publicly showing footage of Star Marine for the last 12 months and using it to bring in more backers.  We have been told again and again it was weeks away from release, even as far back as March of 2015 and now suddenly it needs to be put on hold?  You dont need an MBA to see that something is wrong and money has been mismanaged here.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    edited January 2016
    Talonsin said:

If what you say is true then why not just eliminate Star Marine instead of just postpone it?  If the features promised in Star Marine are currently in the PU then why the announcement it was moved back in the development schedule?  Why would you create a finished product and THEN make a test module to release to the players? 

Chris Roberts has been publicly showing footage of Star Marine for the last 12 months and using it to bring in more backers.  We have been told again and again it was weeks away from release, even as far back as March of 2015 and now suddenly it needs to be put on hold?  You dont need an MBA to see that something is wrong and money has been mismanaged here.

Star Marine is a module, it is the testing of the FPS combat that will be in the full game. It hasnt been removed, because it was never a game itself, any more than arena commander was. They are testing modules that will all be incorporated into the final product on gold status.

You are not being screwed out of star marine, it is just being refined in the PTU right now instead of being released as a stand alone module. It is Squadron 42 that is the single player aspect of Star Citizen and the FPS options will all have to be completed before that is launched so again, its not like you are getting screwed out of options.

Quote from Roberts:

“By the time we got it to the level we said, ‘Okay you guys can play this.’ Well we already had all the other things combined with the large world and the 64-bit coordinates and the zone system so that was it. So there you are, we will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU.”

source: http://screenrant.com/star-citizen-marine-update-2016/http://

@Xeno.phon You can spin it and say it any way you want but the fact is that is not what he lead backers to think. What he just said in 2016 is not what he was making people believe back in 2014. Everyone of those backers deserve their money back for misleading them all. 

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Xeno.phon said:
    dsmart said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Something that is intended as just a testing module does not receive time and money put towards logos, art work, and all the pomp and circumstance of a full game.

It may not have been a separate game, but trying use the word module to try to claim it was an insignificant piece of the game is disingenuous.
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    edited January 2016
    Brenics said:
    @Xeno.phon You can spin it and say it any way you want but the fact is that is not what he lead backers to think. What he just said in 2016 is not what he was making people believe back in 2014. Everyone of those backers deserve their money back for misleading them all. 
    I still don't see where Star Marine is different now than what was pitched years ago.  Even that big ole article by dbag doesn't show me how SM was supposed to be anything more than a game within a game or simulation.  

Most of the complaints I see are about delays, which are inevitable and should be expected.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited January 2016
    dsmart said:
    You do ? ;-)

Again ?

Like in your post here in September 2015 ?

Have fun
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited January 2016
    dsmart said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

For someone who currently runs a scam*  named Line of Defense you sure are fast to pass judgement about other peoples work and opinions.

I do not know if i am allowed to post steam forum posts here, it would be enlightening for Brenics and a couple of others to see what  hundred of users thing about the person they side with against CR and CiG.

* he is selling 150 $ dlc's for a "game" that almost 3 years later is still in early access, filled with hundreds of serious bugs.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Shodanas said:
    dsmart said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

For someone who currently runs a scam  named Line of Defense you sure are fast to pass judgement about other peoples work and opinions.

I do not know if i am allowed to post steam forum posts here, it would be enlightening for Brenics and a couple of others to see what  hundred of users thing about the person they side with against CR and CiG.
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Just because people's opinion's align sometimes, doesn't mean they are "siding with them".

Keep all this tribal war witchunt bullshit in the Star Citizen forums/subreddit please.

..Cake..

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Asm0deus said:
    Look it's DS the scammer that scams people with line of defense not to mention people that worked for him is here to back his shills!

Oh and sgel not everyone that has complaint about SC is "siding with DS" but if you follow these threads you'll know those who are 100% his shills so to speak.
    I have been following and I've never seen these apparent shills you speak of.
    I'd say the obsession is a hell of a lot more apparent from the other side of the camp.

Also how can he be scamming people when LoD looks like a very bad game (I haven't played it, just seen a video or two) which in itself would deter people from buying it?

..Cake..

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    sgel said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Look it's DS the scammer that scams people with line of defense not to mention people that worked for him is here to back his shills!

Oh and sgel not everyone that has complaint about SC is "siding with DS" but if you follow these threads you'll know those who are 100% his shills so to speak.
    I'd say the obsession is a hell of a lot more apparent from the other side of the camp.

Also how can he be scamming people when LoD looks like a very bad game (I haven't played it, just seen a video or two) which in itself would deter people from buying it?

DO some research on him, I did before all this SC drama as I had never heard of him and well lets just say he very well known for what he does, try and particular to google about people that worked for him that he has tried to scam.

As for his shills well there one in here that has been posting misinformation constantly I think of him as the anti Erillion, I wont go into it more than that as that would be crossing the line into personal attacks.

I have no gripes with someone that has issues with SC I know I do on some points but there's a difference from having issues with SC to actively spouting lies and misinformation and trying to pass assumptions as facts a la DS just to cause drama.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• JohnP0100JohnP0100 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    The biggest issue with SC supporters trying to 'hand-waive' this away via ad hominem / history revision is that Chris Roberts himself said contradictory things throughout 2015.
    It is not surprising to see them attack DSmart since history revision doesn't really work when Chris Roberts contradicts himself.

It shows what PvP games are really all about, and no, it's not about more realism and immersion. It's about cowards hiding behind a screen to they can bully other defenseless players without any risk of direct retaliation like there would be if they acted like asshats in "real life". -Jean-Luc_Picard

Life itself is a game. So why shouldn't your game be ruined? - justmemyselfandi

Shodanas said:

For someone who currently runs a scam*  named Line of Defense you sure are fast to pass judgement about other peoples work and opinions.

* he is selling 150 $ dlc's for a "game" that almost 3 years later is still in early access, filled with hundreds of serious bugs.
    You do realize the irony of your statement right?
    Asm0deus said:
    sgel said:
    Asm0deus said:

DO some research on him, I did before all this SC drama as I had never heard of him and well lets just say he very well known for what he does, try and particular to google about people that worked for him that he has tried to scam.

As for his shills well there one in here that has been posting misinformation constantly I think of him as the anti Erillion, I wont go into it more than that as that would be crossing the line into personal attacks.

I have no gripes with someone that has issues with SC I know I do on some points but there's a difference from having issues with SC to actively spouting lies and misinformation and trying to pass assumptions as facts a la DS just to cause drama.
    What people who criticize Star Citizen need to know is that if you ever. EVER. have ANY criticisms or doubts about Star Citizen, you will get attacked by people who have literally thrown entire paychecks, taken out second mortgages on their houses, etc away on this thing. Think about that for a second. Don't take anything these guys say personally, they're just SUPER aggressive because they're trying to justify their meaningless existence. To whom? I'm not sure, that's the magic question.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited January 2016
    goobsnews said:
    Asm0deus said:
    sgel said:
    Asm0deus said:

What people who criticize Star Citizen need to know is that if you ever. EVER. have ANY criticisms or doubts about Star Citizen, you will get attacked by people who have literally thrown entire paychecks, taken out second mortgages on their houses, etc away on this thing. Think about that for a second. Don't take anything these guys say personally, they're just SUPER aggressive because they're trying to justify their meaningless existence. To whom? I'm not sure, that's the magic question.
    I agree that there are white knights that can't take it when SC is criticized I know as I have done quite a bit of that about SC in their main forums but it's not everyone. 

You have to admit there is the reverse of the coin though, those that will go to any lengths to convince us its a scam and that they can be equally aggressive.

I have no problem with those that come in and state they think its a scam and have no faith in CIG or CR and wouldn't touch this flop with a ten foot pole. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

You have to admit though much of the drama is around what is "fact" and what is "my opinion"  and how some will try to ignore some problems or mistakes CIG have made just as some will try to turn opinions into fact. 

The main example is SM is cancelled and what you see as fps in the baby PU right now is it.

Sadly it's becoming more and more difficult to wade through the BS and lies in these forums due to some people being unable to difference fact and opinion.

Whats even sadder is that some like me that are on the fence, that are neither haters or white knights are told we are CR fanatics when we try and correct faulty information, I would imaging there are some like me that have a little of the same from the other side when they point out things the white knights would rather not see.

I think the trick is knowing what is a fact and what is an opinion and ofc like you say some thick skin.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Eadan1 said:
    Sadly the existence of those people is actually what is scaring people away from SC more than anything.
    They must be really scared. Another 20.000 "Star Citizens" have joined since the last update.

Yep, clearly scared.

Have fun