Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gold Spammers will kill this game.

Comments

• weyder0115weyder0115 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Create new chatbox :) i did it too 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Teala said:
    If NCSoft doesn't fix this serious issue with their game soon - it will make people quit.   Spammers have pretty much taken over regional and faction chats to the point that you can't report and block them fast enough.  On top of that, you are limited to blocking only 50.   In the past 6 days I filled that 50 over 10+ times.  Think about that really hard.

Did you do the math?

That is over 500 spammers reported and blocked.  

It got so bad I had to remove faction chat and regional chat just to be able to communicate with people in game.   If this keeps up I'll give up on the game as well.   This is beyond ridiculous and NCSoft should make this issue priority #1 - besides the queue times some people are putting up with - this is now the biggest issue in game.
    It is certainly a problem  but it do happen in all released larger games. Some fix it, others loses a lot of players due to it and bots. 

Among the games NC soft publishes did the same thing happen in GW2 which fortunatley were fixed in time, but since ANET handled that it isn't sure NC soft will in their own game. Lets hope they do, games that fails due to spammers, bots, cheaters and similar really is a sad thing, games should fail because they are bad and not for annoying stuff like this.

And as others already stated, goldspammers exist because people buy from them. Let at least us here make a statement and stay away from them, it helps a little. :)
  • BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    edited January 2016
    1st option: I think a good solution would be to limit the general type of chat by level... let's say above lvl 5-10. Something that would need some time investment before spamming.
    If you need to level for 2-3 hours before posting a gold-spam and be insta-blocked, you're not gonna do it.

2nd option: Before any text written goes to chat, scan the contents for unusual stuff (www, any number of markers), and only if it seems clean, it goes to general chat.

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    edited January 2016
    are u kids that dumb these days? a game does not fail or not die of spam from stupid gold sellers no it fails cause u kids keep raging over it and it fails cause they dont deliever what they promise take wildstar for example. they promised content every month but we rarely did get any content and the game is now on verge to close due to not making enough money anymore.

plus it did not get any new raids, no new dungeons really expect for protostar dungeon. 

as long as a game can make money and get a tiny profit after all things are paid they keep staying alive. no matter how many people be it 100.1000,10000 doesnt matter. Profit is what they want

so stop your bullshit 24/7 kids. it wont help and instead of your childish spam about oh a gold spammer will kill this game NO IT WONT.
  • RhapkRhapk Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited January 2016
    Aori said:
    Teala said:
    NCWest quick fix seems to have eliminated 99.9 % of the spammers, still had one in the Dragonspire Chat, but all in all it is great that we can use faction and regional chat once again.   I do hope they continue to work on this issue to find a more permanent and overall general fix so we don't have to block any gold spammers.  
    What hotfix? chats are still unusable for me.
    The one they applied yesterday. I unblocked all the 50 spammers from my block list and the chat was still empty (from them) and people could talk actually. Have to say I didnt think that this could improve my gaming experience but it did!

0 Blocked person and no gold seller yet (altho have to say I'm not in the starting area, situation might be different there.)
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited January 2016
    its no different than other mmorpgs at start. I remember logging into archeage and not seeing shit(due to gold spam) in the chat for weeks.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Teala said:
    NCWest quick fix seems to have eliminated 99.9 % of the spammers, still had one in the Dragonspire Chat, but all in all it is great that we can use faction and regional chat once again.   I do hope they continue to work on this issue to find a more permanent and overall general fix so we don't have to block any gold spammers.  
    They're all in the arena and cross server dungeon lobbies now lol. 
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    20+ blocked and reported for me today, and that was just logging in to do one of my daily spins
  • FinnMacoolFinnMacool Member UncommonPosts: 1
    After 3 days of gold spammers and High lvl's waiting at spawn point to kill you as soon as you spawn  I deleted it. nice looking game . shame.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    After 3 days of gold spammers and High lvl's waiting at spawn point to kill you as soon as you spawn  I deleted it. nice looking game . shame.
    What lol?  Just take off your uniform if there's a bunch of reds at your camp and switch channels.  Also probably not a good idea to leave it on when you log off.

As for gold spammers, there are more the last few days, but it's still only a couple per zone.  No biggie.

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    edited February 2016
    What lol?  Just take off your uniform if there's a bunch of reds at your camp and switch channels.  Also probably not a good idea to leave it on when you log off.

As for gold spammers, there are more the last few days, but it's still only a couple per zone.  No biggie.

I swear they have to implement something like a big flashing red message that is constantly on the screen saying that you are flagged for pvp if you equip a faction uniform for some people.....
    They don't read anything not even tool tips.
    As for Goldspammers only seen a handful and you just block them with the new spambot feature and they are gone for good.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Thane said:
    gold spammers have been a prob in EVERY mmo since WoW or maybe even earlier now.
    every time, someone claimed "this would kill the game!".

and no game died bc of them so far, only because of wrong game design decisions ^^
    And beancounters, beancounters have killed titles. NCSoft would know about those guys.
  • Dr_DogDr_Dog Member CommonPosts: 2
    The general chat Ii find to be unusable because of the spam. It's just a downpour of gold service ads.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    I told you...
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I saw a bot train that was about 15-20 chars long on Mushin.

Quite honestly this happens because the game is soft P2W and they nudge everyone to buy gold in-house. You will start to feel the squeeze when you need Soulstones and Moonwater Trans Stones in later progression and it is a helluva power creep. Each new patch, there's going to be higher reqs. 400-450+ AP groups.

Problem is, the gold sellers can provide the same "convenience" for a quarter of the price. 

The game is F2P, soft P2W, and NCSoft encourages the environment by trying to get in on the action and neglecting their borders in the process.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited March 2016

Quite honestly this happens because the game is soft P2W and they nudge everyone to buy gold in-house. You will start to feel the squeeze when you need Soulstones and Moonwater Trans Stones in later progression and it is a helluva power creep. Each new patch, there's going to be higher reqs. 400-450+ AP groups.

Problem is, the gold sellers can provide the same "convenience" for a quarter of the price. 

The game is F2P, soft P2W, and NCSoft encourages the environment by trying to get in on the action and neglecting their borders in the process.
    Their nonchalance about the bots is really puzzling to me.  With the in-game currency exchange, they are letting you buy gold with real money and taking a cut themselves.  

Goldsellers and bots directly compete with this form of monetization- costing them a hell of a lot of money (probably millions directly, and who knows how much from lost customers who got turned off by the bots/goldselling).  And yet the bots are more blatant in this game than any game I've ever played.

Normally it's a question of fighting bots for the good of the player's experience.  In this case, one would think they'd put some effort into fighting them considering they are directly costing them profit.

Very strange.  

In the last livestream, they mentioned the bots and they said it's a top priority to work on a system-level way of dealing with them.  They said they don't want to rely on ban-waves because they just come back.

We'll have to see I guess.
  • cassiopeiamicassiopeiami Member UncommonPosts: 11
    @YashaX i agree with your opinion
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I already quit the game not because of the gold spammers, but because of NCsoft's failure, and Game Guard spyware which doesn't ask consent to install, they kept playing games over and over with it, and even if they leave it turned off since I played yesterday they still need to make additional changes like make costumes able to be used across all characters on the same account only way id even think about returning.
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    When will people open their eyes and understand that most MMO publishers (including NCsoft) are in total cahoots with the gold sellers (namely IGE).
    Do your research. IGE is a multi million dollar multinational corporation. They OWN MMO gold selling and they pay off publishers to let them do their dirty work in peace.
    Stop feeding these crooks, stop playing RMT infested MMOs !

Scambug said:
    When will people open their eyes and understand that most MMO publishers (including NCsoft) are in total cahoots with the gold sellers (namely IGE).
    Do your research. IGE is a multi million dollar multinational corporation. They OWN MMO gold selling and they pay off publishers to let them do their dirty work in peace.

Nice conspiracy theory.  That would be really dumb, though, since they have a currency exchange system in the official game.  Supporting goldsellers would just cut into those profits.
    Scambug said:

Nice conspiracy theory.  That would be really dumb, though, since they have a currency exchange system in the official game.  Supporting goldsellers would just cut into those profits.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/130254/ige_inside_the_mmo_trading_machine.php

Page 3, chapter 3:

"Clarke also noted that his company [IGE] intended to open strategic dialogues with a wide
    variety of publishers to handle currency and item selling for them, and that some had even approached IGE themselves regarding that concept. No official partnerships with MMO game creators have yet been announced, however. "

Obviously no publisher will ever admit to any of this, it would be suicide.

This article was written 10 years ago. Imagine what it must be like now.

Scambug said:
    Scambug said:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/130254/ige_inside_the_mmo_trading_machine.php

Page 3, chapter 3:

"Clarke also noted that his company [IGE] intended to open strategic dialogues with a wide
    variety of publishers to handle currency and item selling for them, and that some had even approached IGE themselves regarding that concept. No official partnerships with MMO game creators have yet been announced, however. "

Obviously no publisher will ever admit to any of this, it would be suicide.

This article was written 10 years ago. Imagine what it must be like now.

I could see it being possible in a game that didn't allow you to buy gold officially.  Not bloody likely, but possible.

I don't see it as possible in BnS.  NcSoft wouldn't be working with companies that directly compete with them.  They would only be getting a cut from IGE sales, whereas in the currency exchange in-game, they get all the profit.

Say what you want about NcSoft but I don't think they've made this much money by being monumentally stupid and shooting themselves in the foot.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Goldsellers have never killed a single MMO, but they seem to be indirectly killing the traditional MMORPG design as we know it.

More and more modern games are freezing-out goldsellers by severely limiting one of the traditional cornerstones of MMORPG's: trade between players. 

The biggest problem with goldsellers is one that players never see. They have made significant dents in official game revenues. And caused a lot of extra work for Customer Service departments (in those few games that have CS).

The cheapest and most effective way to fight goldsellers is just to remove trade between players. If the goldsellers have no way to pass gold or rare items to other players, then the game developer regains total control of the revenue stream. This is happening now, probably because the financial loss from goldseller RMT is now considered to be greater than the one resulting from player backlash due to removal of trade features.

Then how do you explain the difference in visible RMT activity between say Blizzard on the one hand and NCsoft on the other?
    In WoW you don't get whispered every 5 minutes with an RMT add, you don't see toons shouting their RMT adds 24/7 at the same spot in towns.
    There is some RMT in WoW, they can't block it all out but at least they're trying and it shows.
    NCsoft doesn't even try. How do you explain that?
    The F2P argument doesn't stand. If you ever played Lineage 2 in the early days you'd know that subscriptions have absolutely zero dissuasive effects on RMTers. They don't care if there's a sub or not, to them it's peanuts compared to the profit they make.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

I quit when I saw that the game had a pay wall. (soulstones and Moonwater Trans Stones)