Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character creation restrictions..

kernomkernom Member UncommonPosts: 12
So, I've been looking forward to playing this game with a few friends. Except I can't because the server my friends are on, Balmung, has been character locked for a long, long while now. Does anyone know how long these character creation locks usually last? Been waiting for a day now.

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    You should try at all hours. They open up at some hours on some days.
    Chamber of Chains
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,852
    I don't believe it's a 24/7 restriction. I believe it's based on current online populations.
  • BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Sorry to break it to you. But balmung (I'm playing there as well) is locked pretty much all the time on good and bad. What you could do is create a character on another server and transfer over as it bypasses the restriction, but also costs you a few bucks. 

If you don't want to spend the sum you can sit and check this site when it  unlocks
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

Though that could take weeks if not longer. 
    Highest possibility to get in is usually after a maintenance.

Hope that helps some!

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I did not know they allow the transfer if you pay them,that defeats the whole purpose and seems really lame.
    Pretty simple,instead of random unlocks,it SHOULD be done based only on friend  invite codes for overcrowded servers.Pretty sad that i can think of that in 5 seconds and they have paid employees that can't think.

Doing a check it appears they do updates for player creations every 3 hours non peak hours.People say early morn or very late night.Even still it is dumb to let random people in that could play on any server while denying friends just absurd they haven't a better system for friends.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Balmung is the most populated NA server; don't expect to get a spot unless you're creating a character in the very early AM hours. Alternatively, as mentioned above, you can create a character and transfer it over.
  • kernomkernom Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I would definitely transfer it. That is, after having waited three days considering that's how long you have to wait for a new character to transfer. Looks like it's the waiting game for me either way.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    kernom said:
    So, I've been looking forward to playing this game with a few friends. Except I can't because the server my friends are on, Balmung, has been character locked for a long, long while now. Does anyone know how long these character creation locks usually last? Been waiting for a day now.
    It is based on the number of characters assigned to the server not active players because that would be stupid, the only way you can get on a server that is locked is when people server swap or get banned.

There is no time of the day that will work aside from getting lucky with what I said above.
  • ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776
    If your friends are a restricted server and you wish to join them you are going to have to suck it up and make a character on another sever and pay to transfer.  I burned three and a half days of trying to get onto Gilgamesh (where my friends play) trying at all hours of the day.  I even went so far as to set my alarm to get up at 3am and spent a couple of hours trying, all to no avail.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,650
    scorpex-x said:
    kernom said:
    It is based on the number of characters assigned to the server not active players because that would be stupid, the only way you can get on a server that is locked is when people server swap or get banned.

There is no time of the day that will work aside from getting lucky with what I said above.
    Actually it IS based off time of day, if you look at the character restrictions around the different times you'll see worlds unlock and lock.

Source : I've had to camp to make a toon on Sargeras.
    Well, thanks for all the answers and face-it's. I'll just camp the heck out of the world list and if to no avail character transfer in three days.
    scorpex-x said:
    kernom said:

Actually it IS based off time of day, if you look at the character restrictions around the different times you'll see worlds unlock and lock.

Source : I've had to camp to make a toon on Sargeras.
    Agreed, and it is based on active players otherwise no one would be able to get on the servers because of all the abandoned characters. As many have said you can get on late at night when active characters are at their lowest. There are 4 to 6 or 7 that are locked at any given time because of their huge population. However at 2:00 to 3:00 pm it's possible to squeeze in. I know many people who have done this including myself.
    So, you're saying that between 2 and 3 PM PST it's possible to create a character? If that's the case, I'll just have to stay awake for awhile.