Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame witouth garrison..

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Can you be effective at max level while neglecting your Garrison?

i can no longer stand all the micromanagement, espescially now i have more then one max level character....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    garrison is a money making tool and cheap beginning raid armor.  You do not need it if you want to do real raids.
  • vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 425
    you will if you want to partake in the next set of raids coming out.....

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    you will if you want to partake in the next set of raids coming out.....
    you mean burning leagion?
    content for warlords is done afaik.

and in legion, the garrison won't matter at all

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Absolutely... just log on, queue up for a dungeon/raid/battleground, participate, then log off.  WoW in a nutshell.

Can you be effective at max level while neglecting your pet battles?
    Can you be effective at max level while neglecting your professions?
    Can you be effective at max level while neglecting your achievements?
    Can you be effective at max level while neglecting your collections (pets/mounts/heirlooms/et al)?
    Can you be effective at max level while neglecting your dailies?

The answer has always been yes.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Don't live for your garrison and it becomes way more enjoyable. I go into it, grab the money reward shipyard and follower missions, and off I go. It doesn t bother me in the least. I ll grab the Inn quests, and missives if I m heading to a certain area, other then that, it s my bank. My wife and I hated garrisons, now we don t mind them at all for above reasons. If money missions aren t nerfed come Legion , I ll use them then as well, unless class halls offer more.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Yes, you can. For gear all you need is LFR and BG's. Especially with honor you can now buy higher ilvl (700) armor and weapons than the ones you get from the LFR (675, 685).

Garrisons are handy if you want to level a profession from scratch.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited January 2016
    Garrisons are also good money generators with a few caveats: You need a Level 3 Garrison, a Level 3 Inn from which you buy a weekly follower that has the treasure hunter ability. You'll need more than a few  and will have to raise them to 100 but once you have enough, they will score pretty decent amounts of gold. This is particularly useful if you're paying for subscription with tokens or just want to amass gold prior to Legion. Just running the gold missions on the table takes about 5 minutes to allow you to gear up in alternative ways mentioned in the rest of this thread. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    You don't really need to craft gear from the garrison, on my hunter i did create some 640 armour, but it was replaced fairly quickly with loot drops, of which there are many, i replaced my gear with baleful 650's, some of which randomly upgrade to 675 when you pick them up, and using apexis you can upgrade it to 685 very easily, if anything, the only reason to craft gear at the garrison is for cosmetic purposes, although will say that it was useful for creating enchantments, as you can sell those for a decent price in the AH, particularly the melee weapon enchantment, shattered hand or whatever its called, which i sold several of for 100 gold each, and they aren't that difficult to make. For making gold, the garrison is okay, and some of the things you can build there are interesting, one of my favourites being the one where you can build a device that allows you to change the music in the garrison. While i am playing WoW at the moment, if casually, i chose not to pre-order the next expansion though, i am expecting good things from it, but, its something i promised myself i would never do again, regardless who makes them, so when its released, i'll buy it then, if i hear enough good things about it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Just let people carry you in rbgs when you hit 100, take you about a full day to hit full i700.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Phry said:
    You don't really need to craft gear from the garrison, on my hunter i did create some 640 armour, but it was replaced fairly quickly with loot drops, of which there are many, i replaced my gear with baleful 650's, some of which randomly upgrade to 675 when you pick them up, and using apexis you can upgrade it to 685 very easily, if anything, the only reason to craft gear at the garrison is for cosmetic purposes, although will say that it was useful for creating enchantments, as you can sell those for a decent price in the AH, particularly the melee weapon enchantment, shattered hand or whatever its called, which i sold several of for 100 gold each, and they aren't that difficult to make. For making gold, the garrison is okay, and some of the things you can build there are interesting, one of my favourites being the one where you can build a device that allows you to change the music in the garrison. While i am playing WoW at the moment, if casually, i chose not to pre-order the next expansion though, i am expecting good things from it, but, its something i promised myself i would never do again, regardless who makes them, so when its released, i'll buy it then, if i hear enough good things about it.
    Garrisons now are a lot more "ignorable" than they were when the Expansion Launched.  Back then, the free gear from the Missions and Crafting NPCs was a boon, since you could upgrade them and they were on par with Raid gear back then.  They were just... a lot more important to character progression.

Right now, we're in the eve of the Expansion so of course they aren't necessary, since the inconvenience of "Garrison Dependency" was rather front-loaded since they didn't really press on as much when there was so much backlash.

Additionally, Garrisons had to be leveled on all your alts separately.  They should have been account-wide, IMO.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Darksworm said:
    Phry said:
    Garrisons now are a lot more "ignorable" than they were when the Expansion Launched.  Back then, the free gear from the Missions and Crafting NPCs was a boon, since you could upgrade them and they were on par with Raid gear back then.  They were just... a lot more important to character progression.

Right now, we're in the eve of the Expansion so of course they aren't necessary, since the inconvenience of "Garrison Dependency" was rather front-loaded since they didn't really press on as much when there was so much backlash.

Additionally, Garrisons had to be leveled on all your alts separately.  They should have been account-wide, IMO.
    Most definitely, i have one level 3 garrison, the others are just 'shacks' and i doubt they will ever be more than that, it would make far more sense to be able to have my other toons use the 'main' garrison than have to build one themselves, as its a waste of time duplicating all that effort, and i can't be bothered to, more to the point.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Phry said:
    Darksworm said:
    Phry said:

Most definitely, i have one level 3 garrison, the others are just 'shacks' and i doubt they will ever be more than that, it would make far more sense to be able to have my other toons use the 'main' garrison than have to build one themselves, as its a waste of time duplicating all that effort, and i can't be bothered to, more to the point.
    I think the per-character garrisons were probably the worst issue with them, TBH, since so many people in WoW have multiple alt characters.  When you have 6+ characters, it gets pretty damn annoying having to grind a full garrison out on all of them, especially with some of the things (Auctioneer, for example) being a bit less than trivial.