Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online - The Revolution - Skill Trading goes live in February

2»

Comments

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    i should have sold my two 80mil SP characters. Now the price is probably going down.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I'm tempted to say that the EVE saga is finally coming to a close. It's been an amazing ride, but nothing lasts forever.

Changing the way skillpoints are earned has always been an eventual inevitability. It has been delayed for as long as possible, but now the spirit of EVE will be fundamentally changed. The old system culled the impatient and short-term players from the game. Next there'll probably be "battle arenas"...
    Some of us, me included, have been asking for "battle arenas" for ten years now.  If they ever actually introduced the leaked "dojo" system into the game, then I'd be all for it.  Log on, get a few quick unintruded fights against other players, and log back out.  Pretty much all the EVE that I care to play anymore is hidden away in some long-gone dev's computer.

The people who don't like it don't have to do it.  Don't like mining?  Don't mine.  Don't like CTA's?  Don't join a CTA Alliance.  Don't like Dojo's?  Don't sign up for them.

This SP change has been needed for years now.  In fact, this SP injection system is about five years overdue.  An innumerable amount of players have walked into EVE, looked at the SP disparity between them and other players, and walked right back out the door.  That's lost revenue over something stupid.  This helps fix stupid.

Some people replying to this thread have no clue what's actually changing.  They just glanced over this post, skipped the actual link and think that SP gain has completely changed in EVE now.  It has not.  New players, can simply catch up a little faster.  The diminishing returns for older players are almost not worth the cost.
  • F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349
    edited January 2016
    H0urg1ass said:
     New players, can simply catch up a little faster.  The diminishing returns for older players are almost not worth the cost.
    Lol you make it sound like they increased the speed all new players gain SP. If that was the case nobody would be complaining.

What they did was allow people that spend real life money the ability to progress faster than people that don't.

Yes there is diminishing returns if you are a vet but for anyone without 100's of millions of SP like you fanboys it means people will be progressing faster than them if they can't throw down their credit card and go into debt. For people that don't buy skill injectors they can only get up to 24mil SP in an entire YEAR. It could take them a decade to get the kind of SP you vets have,while players with disposable income can use their credit card and not have to wait.

If they were really trying to help new players they would increase all new players SP gain. Instead its based around buying a cash shop "skill injector" from them. They are milking their playerbase while their game continues to loose more players.

This is CCP. In 2011 they changed their motto to: "GREED IS GOOD"
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-23-ccp-greed-is-good

Post edited by F0URTWENTY on
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    H0urg1ass said:
     New players, can simply catch up a little faster.  The diminishing returns for older players are almost not worth the cost.
    Lol you make it sound like they increased the speed all new players gain SP. If that was the case nobody would be complaining.

What they did was allow people that spend real life money the ability to progress faster than people that don't.

Yes there is diminishing returns if you are a vet but for anyone without 100's of millions of SP like you fanboys it means people will be progressing faster than them if they can't throw down their credit card and go into debt. For people that don't buy skill injectors they can only get up to 24mil SP in an entire YEAR. It could take them a decade to get the kind of SP you vets have,while players with disposable income can use their credit card and not have to wait.

If they were really trying to help new players they would increase all new players SP gain. Instead its based around buying a cash shop "skill injector" from them. They are milking their playerbase while their game continues to loose more players.

This is CCP. In 2011 they changed their motto to: "GREED IS GOOD"
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-23-ccp-greed-is-good

Are you really insinuating that 24 million extra SP in a year is bad?  That's a fantastic amount of extra XP.

In fact, with very expensive +5 implants (Which basically means you're stuck being a PVE monkey, cause no one PVP's with +5's) and optimal attribute allocation, the average skillpoint gain per YEAR is right around 23.6 million SP's.  Most players won't get this amount per year, cause they won't be sitting on optimal attributes and +5 implants.

So you're saying that doubling your SP gain per year is bad?

Not to mention attribute re-allocation is a relatively new thing.  Us vets weren't able to optimize our attributes for YEARS, which meant that for several years I was training sub-optimally.  In fact, when I divide my total subscribed playtime up against my SP's, I end up with 18 million SP per year rather than these lucky fucker new players that can squeeze out 23.6 PLUS an extra 24 without having to crack open their wallets.

Yes, greed is good.  Games like WoW, EVE, GW2, TESO and SWTOR continue to put out content for their games on a regular basis because they earn profit.  The more profit they earn, the more they can turn that around into better content.  

Show me an MMO company that takes all of their leftover money each quarter and divvies it up among their employees and I'll show you the only game on earth that's not greedy.  Whatever developer of whatever game you are playing right now, is greedy.  CCP just put it to words so they got their hand slapped.  You can be greedy, you just can't talk about it.
    edited January 2016
    H0urg1ass said:
    Are you really insinuating that 24 million extra SP in a year is bad?  That's a fantastic amount of extra XP.

Extra SP? WTF are you talking about? It's still 24mil SP/year max without forking over money for plex to buy injectors.

All they changed was the ability to buy more from players via a cash shop "skill injector"

If greed was good they wouldn't be loosing players rapidly like they have been since 2010.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Erillion said:
    The barrier here is MUCH MUCH lower. Every two bit toon farmer can run PLEX paid alt accounts now with "slave toons" to milk skill points for everyone willing to pay.
    I think you miss an important bit. The amount of SP put into the injector vs. what you get out is 1/(10+). With each queue still costing ~12-15$ pr. month using injectors is never going to be something you use to boost you character in the late levels, execpt for perhaps the occational boost. Farming them is going to be very costly and not worth it compared to just selling PLEX or straight out buying a char.

Injectors is the EXPENSIVE option, not the cheap one.
    edited January 2016
    hfztt said:

Injectors is the EXPENSIVE option, not the cheap one.
    Injectors are the option people with more money have to progress faster than you. P2W in a game where you have to sometimes wait months to just fly a ship you want. Years to fit it properly and use it at max effectiveness.
  • pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Nice visuals and love space games, too bad it is empty, there are literally no content aside from crafting. I remember I was amazed by atmosphere and somewhat complexity compared to fantasy games, but it ended up with just shooting each other butts :c
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Player IronBank was the first to get to ALL SKILLS AT 5 using Skill Injectors with a newly created character
    http://eveboard.com/pilot/IronBank

Took him 473.344.000 skill points and 2.846 Skill Injectors, using PLEX worth around 21.000 EURO.

Source:

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/eve-online/news/eve_online,37711,3268294.html

I think the journey is the destination .....but it is clear that for others the mileage varies. Congratulations IronBank !

Have fun