Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Server?

DenmarDenmar Member UncommonPosts: 24

First the background:

I played Shadowbane after it released for a while, but have not played in around 2 years.  I plan on coming back to check out the expansions and how the game has evolved.  I am looking for input on what server would be best to migrate my old characters to (it seems one auto migrated to Mourning, but the rest are still associated with War).  I would like to avoid any server that has a heavy emphasis on roleplaying, and instead focus on the best, most mature (as in the players, not how old the server is) PvP server.. but also the community needs be open to new people (as I am new).  Any current players have a recommendation?  I also activated the 2 expansions... I am very curious about the new classes and such, anyone have any recommendations for that?  Here is my current char list to give you an idea of where ill be starting:

52 Channeller, 33 Barbarian, 45 Warrior, 33 Assassin, 50 Scout

Comments

• Edward78Edward78 Member Posts: 245

War is gone, the game is almost dead & the population is low.

• DenmarDenmar Member UncommonPosts: 24
    I am uncertain how that answers my questions, but thanks!
  • arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548
    There is no maturity in SB anymore so focusing on that is not worth your time.  Rather find a guild that will AFK PL you and teach you to find the other AFK PL groups to kill them.  Then you can log on each and every night to defend mines/banes/etc.  Or when you come back and ask about guilds and such people tell you to "stfu Noob" or "nobody guild wants a gimp %&$$#" or some of the other kind phrases you get in open cities.  Such a great community.  So much for the winback a few months ago. 

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• TooL-D-TooL-D- Member CommonPosts: 126

Sucks you cant migrate to Wrath...

Lots of PvP on wrath, and its a very small map. Right now a "server war" is going on as well, if you call it that....

• SetekhSetekh Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by arvainis
    There is no maturity in SB anymore so focusing on that is not worth your time.  Rather find a guild that will AFK PL you and teach you to find the other AFK PL groups to kill them.  Then you can log on each and every night to defend mines/banes/etc.  Or when you come back and ask about guilds and such people tell you to "stfu Noob" or "nobody guild wants a gimp %&$$#" or some of the other kind phrases you get in open cities.  Such a great community.  So much for the winback a few months ago. 

Hmm... I wonder why you had this experience. I came in n00b-ala-fresh, and got into a very elite guild because I acted like I had my shit together:). Um... never had anyone say anything like.
  • arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548
    I can say that you're full of it there mate.  I played SB for a year and half, PvP'd a lot, and had some great times.  I watched the game decline from great guilds that fostered their communities to stupid leet kids who run around pking everything they see.  Even the great guilds degenerated to this point.  Massive dupes that it took them over two years to handle.  How did they handle it? They punished EVERYONE by just deleting gold and forcing smaller banks.  Not too fair for the person who honestly earned their money.  It's easy for someone who gets into a leet guild to call everyone else gimp.  Take a look in the mirror friend before you start throughing around insults.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan