Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greed Monger Back In Production - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    edited January 2016
    Edit: ah you beat me too the link Paigey ;0 Epicness starts at 1;03:00... good times

I'm finding this news unreal... it has to be a joke right? RRRRRIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHTTTT? O_O
    Post edited by Tybost on
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    SinfulChris said:
    This is worthwhile news?

I stubbed my toe earlier getting some tea to help sit at my desk for a while, where is my article? I can relate it to gaming somehow.

As a gamer, I feel we must do something to stop this stubbed toe epidemic that is silently crawling beneath our desks and chairs. I think we should kickstart a bumper cushion fund for all of the legged items in @SinfulChris house and place of work. We can stop this plague one toe at a time, starting with his. and lol at Greed Monger, too.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Looks like the scam and laughs will keep on coming...

I don't even know what to categorize someone stupid enough to contribute money to this thing... something beyond brain-dead, retarded, moron.... but what that specific term might be, still eludes me.....
  • SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    edited January 2016
    quoting not working in edge? not surprised its a terrible browser.
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    edited January 2016
    Hey does anyone have a link to heir Google Hangout video where they were going to talk about how great the game was going, but after demoing it were talked into cancelling the project because of how batshit awful it was?

That Russian guy was hillarious  =)
    Mr lumpy fighting with the cat in background was my favorite part of  stream.

I laughed out loud when i read the thread title. This is gonna be blast to follow again!
  • JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Salenger said:
    Yeah right...more like this SOB re-opened the donations and support packages again...probably broke...again, this game is nothing but a scam and will never finish...shame on MMORPG.com for even mentioning this after what occurred during the original mess.

I won't be posting much still have too much work to do. However NO we are NOT taking any money. There are no donations or crowd funding or anything in our future before launch.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

edited January 2016
    JamesP said:
    I won't be posting much still have too much work to do. However NO we are NOT taking any money. There are no donations or crowd funding or anything in our future before launch.

Keep it coming, we all need a little more JamesP & Greedmonger in 2016!

Oh wait,

Actually... :pleased: 

Post edited by Tybost on
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Here's the cover art.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    edited January 2016
    OhhPaigey said:

Isn't it this one? 

I remember their very bad "PR" guy lmao.

Oh God... thank you so much!

People... PLEASE watch this entire stream. Yes it's 2 hours but it's more fun than Star Wars...
    If you just want a peak skip to 1 hour or so...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    This is a joke article right?
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
    HAHAHA  Around 1:09:30

Mr LumpyPants  "How much did you invest in the game"

The mysterious West African/Indian/Russian: " I don't know the conversion but umm... 57,0000.. umm.. Kenyan.. umm points"

Mr Lumpypants "OK lemme take a look here"
    Mr. LumpyPants"OK thats 621 dollars as of conversion right now"

Damn I need to download this video to watch once every few months.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Apparently James removed the post referenced in the story already. Maybe he changed his mind again and is back making his zombie game...
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    OhhPaigey said:
    OhhPaigey said:
    Hey does anyone have a link to their Google Hangout video where they were going to talk about how great the game was going, but after demoing it were talked into cancelling the project because of how batshit awful it was?

That Russian guy was hillarious  =)
    LOL. Of all people I thought you'd have that link for sure. c;
    No I forgot it as I moved on to the next gaming-horror that was Pathfinder Online.

Isn't it this one? 

What a bunch of schmoes. These guys couldn't get a back alley deal for burritos right. I have no clue who gives money to people like this. So bad.

Talonsin said:
    Apparently James removed the post referenced in the story already. Maybe he changed his mind again and is back making his zombie game...
    New Link:
    http://www.greedmonger.net/updates/2016/01/09/a-new-adventure-awaits/

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

JamesP said:
    Talonsin said:
    New Link:
    Hi James.  As you can see there is much skepticism around your game.  When do you think you will host the next live chat (Google hangout or other) to help put some of those concerns to rest?  I think that's the first step you must take on redemption.  Until you do that, you will face a long and hard road.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    That Saga game is gonna have a run for it's money now. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    OhhPaigey said:

Isn't it this one? 

Oh God... thank you so much!

People... PLEASE watch this entire stream. Yes it's 2 hours but it's more fun than Star Wars...
    If you just want a peak skip to 1 hour or so...
    Who's the slouching guy that's doing all the talking?
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited January 2016
    JamesP said:
    Talonsin said:
    New Link:
    Please don't act like a mmo developer anymore. You had a chance and we have better contestants, with products with more redeeming qualities, more deserving of time spent on ire.

JamesP said:
    Talonsin said:
    New Link:
    Hi James.  As you can see there is much skepticism around your game.  When do you think you will host the next live chat (Google hangout or other) to help put some of those concerns to rest?  I think that's the first step you must take on redemption.  Until you do that, you will face a long and hard road.

I'm well aware it's going to be a long hard up hill battle. I've had several contacts already just wish me luck and tell me they don't want to hear about it. I'm aware many have lost interest in GM and have no faith in my abilities. I understand all that and I know where they are coming from. 

I am however already in the process of putting into place several steps that will hopefully help to ease some of the negativity and help keep you guys in the loop with what's happening. I posted them on our facebook page but here they are:

So one of the things you guys have complained about the most is our lack of communication... Here are some steps I am going to take to correct that moving forward:

1) First of all I will be creating a Development site for GM.
    http://dev.greedmonger.net

- From this site you can register and track everything we are doing. Post bugs and see what we still need to do before our next release through our roadmap. We will also be releasing our Design Documents and getting you guys involved in the development of GM.

2) 2nd I will be creating a Skype Discussion Group where we can all actively discuss specific topics and you can give us live feedback. In order to get into this discussion group you can add me, roh_james, on skype and mention GM in your request. As soon as I get the request and accept it I'll add you to the discussion. After we discuss a subject I'll create a summary on the forum where we can continue the discussion and those who don't have skype can jump in with their feedback.

3) 3rd every Friday I will create a Blog post containing a summery of what we worked on, tested, ect. through out the past week.

So these are just 3 ways in which we will ensure that you guys are kept up to date on what's going on in the world and development of GM. I am looking forward to working with the Community moving forward to make GM the best it can be. If you guys have any questions or concerns you can always reach me at [email protected]

There's a direct copy and paste from the post I made on facebook concerning it. Yesterday I released a single player version of the LandRush plugin we are beta testing for inclusion in GM. LandRush is a feature packed exciting new addition that I hope to be able to greatly utilize. 

I am mostly alone in this at the moment. I am calling the shots 100% and I will do everything in my power to play this by the books and plan everything out so we have the best shot at succeeding. I'm not going to do any PR Speak or make any outlandish promises or anything of that sort. I'm going to focus on the game, that's my number 1 priority at this time and keep you guys informed on progress being made. Greed Mogner's image and my image for that matter takes a back seat until there is something playable worth showing off and then I'll start thinking about the PR aspects. 

I am however always happy to take with any person who has any concerns or questions. You can reach me on skype at roh_james or by email [email protected]

Our first big milestone of 2016 will be our return to testing slated for Feb. 1st this release promises to be our largest and most feature complete release to date and I can't wait to see how it all plays out. Feb. 1st will be internal testing only... Passed out to everyone in our Skype Discussion. Followed by hopefully a March 1st Alpha release to our KS Backers based on how testing goes during February.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/greed-monger-insider-thread-drama-inside.98177/page-29

I seriously thought this was a joke for a couple of hours now. I was waiting for a HAHA JUST KIDDING or something. You're actually serious about trying to bring back Greedmonger, and now your talking about the t-shirts again offsite, and Joel sending them to you. Listen... he would've sent those t-shirts to you half a year ago... if he had em which he does not.

What part of GM is dead in the water did you not understand? why not create your own unique project under a fresh name, and send keys out to disappointed backers... and eventually fund your own t-shirts with your own project name to backers in goodwill. Shit man you could've earned your honor back even if your game was complete utter shit. You had ways to be cool about this whole thing man.

Real questions (without heckling)... Why?

Just Why... P-Man!
    1. Do you enjoy the negative spotlight so much?
    2. What is making you come back to this appleton scam?
    3. Are you trying to prove you're capable of programming, if so why not do it under a fresh name?
    I'm legitimately concerned about your sanity, you just cant distance yourself from this applescam, and now you're bringing the wrath by reviving a scam. You'll simply be heckled more and more for starting the applescam project back up. Instead of starting anew and working on a fresh project, earning your feathers.

You've tossed yourself back into the flames!

Tybost said:
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/greed-monger-insider-thread-drama-inside.98177/page-29

I seriously thought this was a joke for a couple of hours now. I was waiting for a HAHA JUST KIDDING or something. You're actually serious about trying to bring back Greedmonger, and now your talking about the t-shirts again offsite, and Joel sending them to you. Listen... he would've sent those t-shirts to you half a year ago... if he had em which he does not.

What part of GM is dead in the water did you not understand? why not create your own unique project under a fresh name, and send keys out to disappointed backers... and eventually fund your own t-shirts with your own project name to backers in goodwill. Shit man you could've earned your honor back even if your game was complete utter shit. You had ways to be cool about this whole thing man.

Just Why... P-Man!
    3. Are you trying to prove you're capable of programming, if so why not do it under a fresh name?
    I'm legitimately concerned about your sanity, you just cant distance yourself from this applescam, and now you're bringing the wrath by reviving a scam. You'll simply be heckled more and more for starting the applescam project back up. Instead of starting anew and working on a fresh project, earning your feathers.

It's pretty simple... No matter what other game I created or how good it was as long as I had a Failed project hanging over my head people were going to be ready to pounce on anything I attempted in the future. So bottom line Finish GM, prove to everyone AND my self that I can do it. Or just completely give up in defeat and fade off never to be heard from again. Personally I don't like the 2nd option. I don't give up. I thrive in adversity and beating the odds. And this time won't be any different. 

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

JamesP said:
    Tybost said:

Just Why... P-Man!

It's pretty simple... No matter what other game I created or how good it was as long as I had a Failed project hanging over my head people were going to be ready to pounce on anything I attempted in the future. So bottom line Finish GM, prove to everyone AND my self that I can do it. Or just completely give up in defeat and fade off never to be heard from again. Personally I don't like the 2nd option. I don't give up. I thrive in adversity and beating the odds. And this time won't be any different. 
    I'm confused.  Was Greed Monger your idea or Jason's?
    JamesP said:
    Tybost said:

Just Why... P-Man!

I'm confused.  Was Greed Monger your idea or Jason's?
    Greed Monger was Jason's idea. I joined in October of 2012 just in time to help do some coding and world building in preparation for the KickStarter campaign.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

JamesP said:

Greed Monger was Jason's idea. I joined in October of 2012 just in time to help do some coding and world building in preparation for the KickStarter campaign.
    That's what I thought.  I would start fresh with your own idea.  Write a blog post explaining things, if you feel you must (I honestly wouldn't.)  You would have a lot of people more willing to look into your project than trying to resurrect something that is so abhorrent to the community.  As for people holding you accountable, let me tell you this as someone that is an outsider looking in.  I follow games.  I did not back GM, but I read a bit of the controversy (including the forum drama here.)  From everything I read in articles, forums, blogs.  No one outright blamed you for any of it.  It all seemed to lay with Jason and from what I saw, rightfully so.  

Start something new.  Let Greed Monger disappear.  Don't try to save it.  Work on something you'll love for yourself.  Put your heart and passion into it.  

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you take to heart that you shouldn't feel like you need to redeem yourself with GM.  Redeem yourself by proving you can make a kick ass game with a new idea.

I sincerely wish you the very best and look forward to your (hopefully) new endeavor.
    JamesP said:
    But let's be real here... the promises made in the crowdfunding campaign are pretty big for just one fellow according to your above post. "I am mostly alone in this at the moment." Also you're still awaiting on Joel to send you the t-shirts which do not exist. I understand what your saying about the shadow of your dark past following you, no matter which direction you turn. However, reviving the reason the dark shadow follows you in the first place, is not the correct path to take in my personal opinion.

You have far more options available to you beyond (A/B), and fading into darkness is definitely one of them. It would've been better if you ditched your proctor identity, and never spoke of the dark past which is Greed-monger ever again. You're being dragged down by 1000-ton weights, and I honestly feel sort of bad for you. Carrying such a weight as heavy as your dark shadowy past, dragging you under making it difficult to gasp for fresh air.

Create something under a different name, rise from the shadows from goodwill, and eventually reveal your true identity after creating said awesome experience is the sane way to go about things. You need to open your eyes and stop playing Company Owner, of MMO Interactive, and stop taking ownership of a ship that had already sunk. (Take a look at your signature) Learn to let the dark past go, learn to let the past failure go and move on-wards towards a new adventure.

If you continue on this dark shadowy path. I and many others will continue to remain in disbelief of your ability to create a game on the scale which Greed Monger claims to reach. One man who cannot fund his own t-shirts, one man who has no real developer background cannot push forward alone. Thou can break free of the dark spell, if only you try to break free... for you are one man; and one man alone can only accomplish so much alone.

One man, alone in the darkness.
    Slowly dragged down into darkness.
    His name was : P-MAN!