Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 months later and I'm bored!

kxmodekxmode Member UncommonPosts: 36

I have a prime level 60 mage, and several mid-level alts. I've done all the end-game instances, except Oxynia (everyone needs a key! :( ). About the only thing left is Battlegrounds. CTF is boring as hell. Alterac is okay, but it's one big Horde whoop on the Alliance. Blizzard hasn't balanced the classes, or the Battleground, and even some blantant bugs like Lokholer (the Horde's summoned elemental lord) 75% of time is bugged where it'll auto-heal itself when his health reaches 50%. But worse than that Lokholer has 160k health over the Alliance's 35k Ivus.

Besides all this I'm SO bored out of mind with PVP. It used to be fun with just Southshore / Tauren Mill skirmishes. When no one cared about honor points and contribution points. They did it just because they wanted too. Now it's one big competative points orgy! No one PVPs for fun.

God I hate this game! After you reach level 60 you'll be bored out of your mind too. :(

Comments

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by kxmode

I have a prime level 60 mage, and several mid-level alts. I've done all the end-game instances, except Oxynia (everyone needs a key! :( ). About the only thing left is Battlegrounds. CTF is boring as hell. Alterac is okay, but it's one big Horde whoop on the Alliance. Blizzard hasn't balanced the classes, or the Battleground, and even some blantant bugs like Lokholer (the Horde's summoned elemental lord) 75% of time is bugged where it'll auto-heal itself when his health reaches 50%. But worse than that Lokholer has 160k health over the Alliance's 35k Ivus.
    Besides all this I'm SO bored out of mind with PVP. It used to be fun with just Southshore / Tauren Mill skirmishes. When no one cared about honor points and contribution points. They did it just because they wanted too. Now it's one big competative points orgy! No one PVPs for fun.
    God I hate this game! After you reach level 60 you'll be bored out of your mind too. :(

Thats nice.....now go play another game. When your done there, whine some more and get another game.

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

That's right Bama, bash anyone who doesn't like that game. Goood fanboy! Would you liek a treat?

I'm just kidding of course. I know it's gets tiresome when EVERY single person posts about why they left. I'm on your side here Bama, no flames.

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

And I bet you will continue to pay the 15 dollars a month to keep playing because we all want WoW to reach the 5 million subscriber count. 

Come on you can do it!!1

• skaiskai Member UncommonPosts: 100

This is more nitpicking than anything else, but...

and even some blantant bugs like Lokholer (the Horde's summoned elemental lord) 75% of time is bugged where it'll auto-heal itself when his health reaches 50%.(
    Not quite. Lokholar isn't to blame here as much as the architecture of the stormpike keep. What happens is that when Loki aggroes the archers in the tower, he goes into Evade mode since he can't reach them and regens to full at that point.

But worse than that Lokholer has 160k health over the Alliance's 35k Ivus.(
    Again, not quite right. The thing with the summoned bosses is that the longer they stay alive, the more powerful they get. So while Ivy rarely last more than a couple minutes, Lok can stay summoned for quite a while, resulting in the apparent disparity in health.

Now, don't see this as a flame, but the other posters are right. If the game no longer provides enjoyment for you, stop paying for it. Cancel your account but don't delete your characters. Check back in a few months and see if the fun picks up. Personally, my warrior has been 60 since mid-February and I'm still enjoying him, especially on Onyxia and in Molten Core. With the new instance slated to open in early July, I'm more psyched now than a couple months ago.

I recommend you stop playing for a while, pick one of those 14 days trial from another MMO and give it a try. After 2 weeks, come back to WOW and if it stills bore you, then cancel. Check the website every couple months to see what is happening, maybe give it another whirl after 6 months.

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580

All I can say is if it lasted you 8 months, you sure got your money's worth.  Many people are complaining that it won't last them 2 months yet you played for 8.  Good luck finding another game you like.image

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

re-roll Horde, it's a brand-new freaking game then, trust me.

• kmimmorpgkmimmorpg Member Posts: 624

Originally posted by skai

I recommend you stop playing for a while, pick one of those 14 days trial from another MMO and give it a try. After 2 weeks, come back to WOW and if it stills bore you, then cancel. Check the website every couple months to see what is happening, maybe give it another whirl after 6 months.

This has to be one of the most constructive replies to a "I'm bored of WoW/I'm canceling WoW" post I've ever read. Bravo! image
  • firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by skai

Yep. Worked for me.

I thought I'd give EvE Online a try, and while the community was great - very helpful and mature (although typically elitist, as in all MMOs) - I found I just didn't enjoy it as much as I did WoW.

Started again on my Warlock and having a great time, so yeah... sometimes you just need a break I guess. I'm still frustrated by the flaws in the game, but what MMO doesn't have flaws?

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Man u lasted for 8 months??? Congratz. I personaly am very picky about my game, i usualy dont last more then a month. With WoW, I lasted for 3. I actualy left it for a month not because i got tired, but becuase i enjoy Planetside as well, and since i dont have much time on my hands, I have to prioritize.

Anyway, there are no perfect games nor will there be one. There are always ideas that are better then the ones we have. WoW is no exception, its great, best on the market in its field ATM, but its not perfect. People burnout, some soon some later but it happens. What you could do is take a brake for a month or two, play something else, then come back. I keep alternating between PS and WoW and it seems to be working for me.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• kxmodekxmode Member UncommonPosts: 36

I like the variety of ideas. I think I'm going to go with the "try another MMORPG" idea. Right now I've having fun with Second Life and Anarchy Online, both of which are free (at least AO is until Febrary 2006). I've just finished installing EVE, and I might reactivate my SWG account since SOE doubled the normal XP you get until July 5th. Thank you all for your words of wisdom. It's appreciated.

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

I like the variety of ideas. I think I'm going to go with the "try another MMORPG" idea. Right now I've having fun with Second Life and Anarchy Online, both of which are free (at least AO is until Febrary 2006). I've just finished installing EVE, and I might reactivate my SWG account since SOE doubled the normal XP you get until July 5th. Thank you all for your words of wisdom. It's appreciated.

Actually, yeah, that's a pretty good idea. WoW was getting a little stale for me after 4 months, played a CoH trial for about 5 days, went back to WoW, and I had even more fun in there. It's just a matter of taking a break, playing the same game constantly will burn you out.