Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stats defining cosmetics?

2»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    waynejr2 said:
    Konfess said:
    DMKano said:
    Velocinox said:
    [edit for space]

1. What does an intelligent person look like?

2. How does a super agile/intelligent/charismatic person look like?

1. Sheldon Cooper
    2. Taylor Swift

Games have considered something like this before.  Minimal body morph customization.  Where Foods, and activities controlled the avatar customization.  Where Slow acting Foods, Drinks, and Potions lead to lean toned physiques.  Fast acting consumables rather lead to obesity.  Long Hard Raids would burn off calories.  Grinding weather for XP, crafting resources, or epic loot drops would be considered a sedentary lifestyle, and again lead to obesity.

In the system we tried, it was more a bottle kneck to combat.  Because the more powerful body types had slower longer recovery times.  The system demanded a large army of support characters to keep the heavy hitters going.  Since the support population is either the smallest, or unwilling to work with dicks (melee DPS classes, the largest population).  The system was scraped.

Sheldon Cooper isn't a real person and therefore can't look like a genius.  I doubt the person playing him is a genius.

There you go.  What a real genius looks like.  Make a playable race of them, stat!

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Maybe not stats, that would be a bit too complicated if the game has odd stats.

Think something like fables would be cool, how you act in the world you character comes dark, horns and wing or something if you helpful. The more of a certain school of magic/weapon you use changes your skin, eyes or the shape of your body. Would make a race look more diverse, but would probably slightly limit toon customization at the start 
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    In Fable your appearence would change to evil or kind depending on your actions.  Evil had horns and you were a bit more ugly and kind I can't remember I think you just looked normal.   In Mabinogi's earlier days if you ate food you got fat with no way to get skinny.  People complained so devs implemented a looze weight monkey pond but still there was so much complaint about being fat they removed weight gain altogether.

I do not want my character's appearence to change based on environment/stats UNLESS there is a failsafe in play to change me back, free and easy.  Let's say eating donuts in game makes you less muscular even if fighting enemies all day made you buff.  See?  A counter balance so you could stay in control.  But I'm all about options.  If a game was going to do this I would like an option tab that I could check that said stats/environment alter appearence on/off.

Now what I really want to see is dirty, bruised, and bloody.  I know some games claim to implement grunge but I have yet to see a really good gore factor that made me happy. 

I like EA Sims style realism - I think our characters should take bathes or dips in lakes/pools/ocean to clean up.  It would be great to see the cloud of stink a character might obtain for going without bathing.  I would add flies.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    No.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

Used to know a 6'4", 240lb physics professor who ended up working at MIT.  He was in pretty good shape, and also played pool, and was an enthusiastic beer drinker.    How do you fit that all in the class design?

I don't hate the idea, but does it solve more issues than it creates?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    What about savants?  Time traveling cave-men?  Barbarians possessed by super-genius wizards?  Insect like species player characters like Dave Hargrave's Phraints (arduin grimoire)?  Undead types?   Energy or liquid characters?

What would the most interesting character in Azeroth look like?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    waynejr2 said:
    What would the most interesting character in Azeroth look like?

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    It's highly unlikely I'd play it, or all of my characters would just wind up going for whatever stats that doesn't make them hideous abominations. Which would get boring quickly.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Konfess said:
    DMKano said:
    Velocinox said:
    [edit for space]

1. What does an intelligent person look like?

2. How does a super agile/intelligent/charismatic person look like?

1. Sheldon Cooper
    2. Taylor Swift

Games have considered something like this before.  Minimal body morph customization.  Where Foods, and activities controlled the avatar customization.  Where Slow acting Foods, Drinks, and Potions lead to lean toned physiques.  Fast acting consumables rather lead to obesity.  Long Hard Raids would burn off calories.  Grinding weather for XP, crafting resources, or epic loot drops would be considered a sedentary lifestyle, and again lead to obesity.

In the system we tried, it was more a bottle kneck to combat.  Because the more powerful body types had slower longer recovery times.  The system demanded a large army of support characters to keep the heavy hitters going.  Since the support population is either the smallest, or unwilling to work with dicks (melee DPS classes, the largest population).  The system was scraped.

Here are some other options:

For smart person: Oppenheimer: 

For charming person: Poirot