Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players seem to be timid

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Just an observation. 

I've played many mmos, and nothing gives me the pleasure more than a well oiled group that works well together like a glove that fits just right.

It's been years since I had " That good feeling " on a snowy February afternoon where traffic outside is barely moving and I'm stuck home with my favorite mmo.

I miss a rare all day to screw off from life's responsibilities!.........I would put a pot of coffee on and plan out an adventure before I log on.

With several hours to spare, I'll plan on being very social.  I'll start with a dungeon take a break then find others to quest with for the rest of the day..........This plan always seems to be at my disposal, because of my OBSERVATION that others seem to always be on all day and almost everyone is willing to play together with others.  At least with older mmos before developers destroyed the community with their neat little modern auto play methods, but that's another story. 

More on the observation part :  

I rarely get turned down when I ask if someone needs help in an open world.  I rarely get turned down if I ask for instanced content.  When I do its because the person is crafting, figuring something out like a new ability and needs some alone time or simply logging off soon.  Sure, lets be real some are pure solo players and anyone can respect that.............But more often than not players like to be playing with others if the timing is right for them and all the stars in the sky are lined up. 

Contrary to all this people seem to be alone all the time !!!.......With so many people seeming to take my invites, It seems apparent that people are shy with asking others.  It's the talking to strangers syndrome, that first contact, that breaking the ice.......I get that......I can be like that deeply at times in real life.

A GOOD WAY TO BRING PLAYERS TOGEATHER HAS NEVER BEEN INVENTED :  

World of Warcraft invented the "dungeon finder", and Elders Scrolls invented the "mega server" and Warhammer Online invented the "dynamic event" and Guild Wars 2 is strictly dynamic.  All three had extremely bad ramification's that separated friends, servers and Guilds.  They are short quickies that leave the player in the cold once the short content are done.....You will never see that potential friend again. Things like this are wrong yet ignored.

For the life of me I just can't wrap my head around the facts that consequences of automatic grouping are destroying community.  No wait, I do understand !........False data......False information......False population reporting......Easer softer way.  I better explain this quickly before others try and hang me.

World of Warcraft is Main stream.  By large, its the go to game with a HUGE POPULATION.  If you personally like the game or not the game has a rock solid foundation and bad decisions are ignored, many will shrug if off and continue.  People will play this game no matter what.  In fact in the real world, it's the only game that's known.  Lets face it, walk up to any stranger and ask what is Everquest 2, or StarWars the Old Republic ?.......They would say, are they movies ?

The bottom line is WoW went from 12 million to 6 million because they drastically destroyed the foundation.  They lost a lot of players !!!!  But data shows new developers should have a dungeon finder, players like that because they have 6 million players.  WHAT ABOUT THE 6 MILLION THAT QUIT ( CHART THAT ) !

Pantheon is looking past the flaws of heavy mistakes.  Hopefully they see negative cause and effect of Auto everything.

But still a good solution to bring people together still needs to be invented !

Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Developers have 100% control on how people will play there mmo.

People think they have some but really none. 

This is why I can't be on the General Discussion forums.  People argue all day that everyone else is a solo player, but that's by design.  They all say as an individual, they like to group but everyone else around them likes to solo, again by design of the game.

However developers, since they have 100% control can give the players the control.  This is how mmos were and always should be.  It's not old school thinking this is what an mmo is.

Community ! .....Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen 

A driving school instructor has 100% control over the vehicle.  However at some point he needs to give control to the student or no one will come to his driving school.