Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: RUMOR - Red 5 Insiders Claim Facebook Used to Spy on Employees

Comments

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    edited December 2015
    kumoblade said:
    It's sad to see this happening to firefall.

The game is/was gorgeous, had some very decent mechanics. It's crafting system was superb, albeit with a learning curve but the materials and quality of materials you used mattered!

There just wasn't enough game to keep my interest. Not enough enemies. Relatively small zones. No pvp.

"was" being the word from beta, then they simplified it for the masses.

New Eden, Sertao, etc seem rather large. I don't know what you mean by "small". People always complained about running around when they didn't have an LGV to get around.

PvP was never properly implemented, and Jetball was on its way back. It is on the PTS right now, but who knows if all the major updates that were supposed to improve the game will ever see the light of day.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    I hope all you Star Citizen fanboys are paying attention because this will be your future too. Anyone with half a brain knew Firefall was doomed before it was even released. Fanboys denied it for months and months and some still might, but it is pretty obvious that it's about over. I still remember arguing with that moron Mark Kern back in 2013 about his definition of what "open world" was on the Firefall forums. What a tool. RIP Red5.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If such the case,they should bring this to lawyers and take legal action against RED5,they have to be breaking at least 2-3 laws.
    Sadly the Cdn labor board is no longer what it used to be,now you are basically getting nowhere because any money you get will come directly off of any government help you get so you'll basically be getting nothing.

I feel legal action against Red5 would come down to that middle guy,if came forward and said the spying was all bad intentions and he was forced to or else lose his job,then it is a super easy win.Instead of running scared they should send the legal team right back at Red5,give them a taste of their own medicine.Even better yet file several lawsuits so as to not get one settlement but several and really make the bastards pay.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    donger56 said:
    I hope all you Star Citizen fanboys are paying attention because this will be your future too.
    It's hard to run out of money when you can sell $3 million in virtual ships every month.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited December 2015
    dang they missed payroll?  well looks like their business is going under.  lets hope firefall will stay up.  I really liked their songs "You are the woman" and "just remember i love you"

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    This is why you never join company groups from your FB profile. Gotta seperate work and home life.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
    edited December 2015
    i think some of their employees posted this on youtube and tagged it firefall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrZG0JNOGU0

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    The story of Red 5 manages to get sadder every year. Good luck to all of them, it's a shame the game never scratched its potential.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    edited December 2015

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

edited December 2015

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    We have been asked to take down this article. I have declined, but letting you all know in case powers higher than me decide to acquiesce to the request. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

We have been asked to take down this article. I have declined, but letting you all know in case powers higher than me decide to acquiesce to the request. 
    : ( thanks for the heads up.  The death throes of R5 are looking pretty painful.
    well don't get in trouble over this with your bosses if you don't have to.  the news is out, so mission complete on your end.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-b79Kj5sZ0

edited December 2015
    I feel like I am watching a soap opera.  But I can't stop.  On the next episode I bet they find out who the anonymous poster was... and their identity shocks us all!

I see what you did there SBFord!

BUT IT IS TOO LATE!   I have discovered the glorious dramas of their subreddit!
  • RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    DMKano said:

I though you were the Living Tribunal.... I guess even he has to answer to The One Above All.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    time007 said:
    lol you win. That one fits so much better. 

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Baitness said:
    I feel like I am watching a soap opera.  But I can't stop.  On the next episode I bet they find out who the anonymous poster was... and their identity shocks us all!

I see what you did there SBFord!

BUT IT IS TOO LATE!   I have discovered the glorious dramas of their subreddit!
    Ahaha yeah :) Sorry about that and I appreciate your good humor. ^_^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• UltimaSageUltimaSage Member CommonPosts: 3
    BillMurphy said:

I mean, you understand why right? The only "source" on this article is a reddit thread from a random throwaway account with completely unverifiable allegations against a particular person. Several VERIFIABLE ex-employees posted in that reddit thread defending Steven and pointing out that the topic was posted by an unverified account that obviously had a bone to pick with him in particular. The topic has since been removed and locked based on the presumption that anyone could have written that for any reason at all.

This isn't news. This is taking an anonymous troll's word for truth and possibly hurting someone's career for clicks. Despicable.
    BillMurphy said:

I mean, you understand why right? The only "source" on this article is a reddit thread from a random throwaway account with completely unverifiable allegations against a particular person. Several VERIFIABLE ex-employees posted in that reddit thread defending Steven and pointing out that the topic was posted by an unverified account that obviously had a bone to pick with him in particular. The topic has since been removed and locked based on the presumption that anyone could have written that for any reason at all.

This isn't news. This is taking an anonymous troll's word for truth and possibly hurting someone's career for clicks. Despicable.
    It does clarify that it is only a "claim" right in the title.
    edited December 2015
    UltimaSage said:

----

We didn't post this to hurt anyone's career. We did it because it's part of an ongoing story coming out of Red 5 and Firefall. Since you once worked there, I'm assuming you may know more about what's involved than others.

We are awaiting a full comment from Red 5, and I'm in direct contact with them. It was never our intent to cause this much of an issue, and were merely reporting what we thought would be of interest to our readers. Sometimes it's the fun and happy side of gaming, other times it's the downright rough and ugly side of the business end of gaming.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

Baitness said:

UltimaSage said:
    BillMurphy said:

It does clarify that it is only a "claim" right in the title.

So anytime a random account makes a claim on reddit, it's news? Come on, you're smarter than that. There's a minimum level of due diligence that should happen before people's names get plastered on the internet as "news"
    BillMurphy said:

We didn't post this to hurt anyone's career. We did it because it's part of an ongoing story coming out of Red 5 and Firefall. Since you once worked there, I'm assuming you may know more about what's involved than others.

We are awaiting a full comment from Red 5, and I'm in direct contact with them. It was never our intent to cause this much of an issue, and were merely reporting what we thought would be of interest to our readers. Sometimes it's the fun and happy side of gaming, other times it's the downright rough and ugly side of the business end of gaming.

-------------

You didn't post it to hurt anyone's career, but that's an obvious side effect of having a person's name blasted out in a "news" article as a possible company shill. The fact of the matter is, this was posted prematurely before any basic fact checking was done. The posting account wasn't even verified. Come on, you guys can do better than this.
    BillMurphy said:

You didn't post it to hurt anyone's career, but that's an obvious side effect of having a person's name blasted out in a "news" article as a possible company shill. The fact of the matter is, this was posted prematurely before any basic fact checking was done. The posting account wasn't even verified. Come on, you guys can do better than this.
    Sometimes our desire to get the scoop on something unbalances our intent to get the full story. We are currently talking with R5 and we are awaiting a comment from their leadership. You are absolutely right that we can do better and we ARE doing better and we appreciate your patience as we sort through this story and these issues. 

My Review Manifesto

Thanks, we are updating the payroll story now. 

My Review Manifesto

This discussion has been closed.