Like a lot of people, I'm a veteran MMORPG player and currently pretty much homeless.
- Sometimes I play Otherland, but it's too unfinished and a number of things there bug me.
- Sometimes I play Fallen Earth, but somehow I'm not that pulled in anymore.
I consider subbing to WoW for another month. I stopped playing it once I did the first few raids when I reached the max level, since I had the feeling of having explored everything worth exploring. I could collect there some more pets, look into the new region and check out the new raids, but I'm not sure whether that's worth it.
Or I could buy ESO for currently about 20$. Three reasons why I haven't done that yet:
1) A lot of people on Steam say they're having problems. Really a lot of people. I recently installed it to try it on the free weekend (but then had no time), but even then I already had problems with the game.
2) I still have enough other games to try, even though they are non-MMORPGs. So maybe I should play those first.
3) I fear that it will result in the usual: walk from NPC to NPC, skip through the text, walk from one mob standing stupidly around waiting to be killed to another, and sometimes picking up items. Rinse and repeat.
But maybe I'm too negative. Is it worth it?