Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online NA/EU "What To Expect"

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
The Lazy Peon  =)
View on YouTube

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited December 2015
    Really good video and I agree with him. I think Black Desert is it. :-)
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Going in with expectations of finding a home will likely make you hyper sensitive to whatever flaws it has.  If we play games just to have fun, we'll naturally find ones that -- despite flaws -- we love.  :3

That said, I'm looking forward to playing it if it has a PvE server at release.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Going in with expectations of finding a home will likely make you hyper sensitive to whatever flaws it has.  If we play games just to have fun, we'll naturally find ones that -- despite flaws -- we love.  :3

That said, I'm looking forward to playing it if it has a PvE server at release.

Not me, I am just looking for a real mmo to play and going by from what I have actually played I really like what the game offers. 
  • MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    No endgame and no dungeons but it still looks like it will be fun i injoy grinding games alot so i will give this one a shot 
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Mickyknox said:
    No endgame and no dungeons but it still looks like it will be fun i injoy grinding games alot so i will give this one a shot 
    I believe there will be two dungeons at launch according to the recent information.  They're secret dungeons that constantly change entrance locations inside of the desert.  So people will likely put up reddit threads or websites saying where it is at any given moment.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    I could care less about endgame content like raiding found in traditional MMOs.  Is the most boring as sin thing I've ever done in them.

If the combat is enjoyable and if experiencing the highly detailed world, optionally in a social fashion, is enjoyable, then the game will be enjoyable for a long time to come.

I mean hell, I still play Vindictus (on and off) 5 years after its NA release.  Takes ages for any content updates, but the core gameplay (combat) has been the best in the industry that I don't even think Black Desert can top it yet. Practically nothing except a Dark Souls MMO can, and that doesn't exist yet.
  • pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    The only one reason this F2P game going to be B2P in west is that B2P>F2P trend, in the past times it was P2P>F2P trend but they are learned P2P won't work anymore, especially for title which supposed to be free.

If there was still P2P trend they would launch this game as P2P for sure and hype it like good old days AAA sub mmo and after some time re-release as F2P. Now it will be B2P launch, it is their idea about western gamers like they will prefer to play the game with solid initial price and no heavy cash shop, but devs most likely will add more and more cash shop stuff in future, and eventually re-release it as F2P.

And endgame cornered solely in pvp won't work for most peeps I suppose, additional vote for F2P right from game design - maybe it is why it was F2P at the first place. Lineage 2 days are over long ago, pvp focused games nowadays are whales vs scrubs.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    edited December 2015
    Very disappointed with the last statement in the video about the poor PVE. I find it contradictory to have a world you care about, but then the main activity to level is to mindlessly grind by killing for xp. Why would that be something that 'most' would care about and make them care about the world? 

There Is Always Hope!