Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on changes or things needed after CBT1

snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
Hey there, I played CBT 1 and for the most part had a pretty good time. I didn't try to just max my level and race through the game, I played a few different classes and tried quite a bit of different crafting. My question is what things you hoped would work better, or were all together missing or needed?

For me the biggest dissapointment was the tamer class, I assumed it was actually going to be a tamer as in you go out and tame different creatures, and raise them to sell as mounts or pets or whatnot. That was not the case at all, so i was bummed there.

Comments

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    The largest let down and concern is the removal of player-player trading along with the highly restrictive pricing mechanism in the item market.  I don't even think there is a proper guild store/trade/warehouse system that allows the sharing of resources.  

These almost completely remove the motivation for anyone interested in a gathering/crafting career and is akin to just putting all the crafted items in an NPC store and tying the availability to some type of trade system.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Ya I agree the market has a lot of issues. One thing that was always confusing to me is whether the market is actually all connected from city to city. I would put alerts on certain items and when they went to market i would get an alert. So I would be literally at the market when I recieved an alert for an item listing, and it would not show up as available, which made me wonder if the markets were only city wide.

I totally agree with the pricing limitations, and the player to player commerce.
    Certainly some serious bugs in the trade arena.
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    edited December 2015
    snicol said:
    Ya I agree the market has a lot of issues. One thing that was always confusing to me is whether the market is actually all connected from city to city. 
    I could swear I read that the item market was localized to it's specific region but I forgot about it during the beta.  It really does need to be localized, if for no other reason, for the guild ownership system.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Quesa said:
    snicol said:
    Ya I agree the market has a lot of issues. One thing that was always confusing to me is whether the market is actually all connected from city to city. 
    I could swear I read that the item market was localized to it's specific region but I forgot about it during the beta.  It really does need to be localized, if for no other reason, for the guild ownership system.
    If that is the case where its localized then the problem is they give no specifics as to the location of an items availability when you receive a market alert. So the alert is useless, it becomes a guessing game, and by the time you run around checking them all its sold....needs to be fixed.