Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen, Holiday Sale (aka Sale 2.0)

Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
edited December 2015 in Star Citizen
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15126-Holiday-Ship-Sale

Get your Endeavor Landing Bay for $89.25 before it's over!!!

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
The cake is a lie.

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited December 2015
    You do not have to spend more money than 54 $, despite what some others try to suggest (e.g. see OP post).

If you like ... get your 54 $ Mustang Star Citizen starter package and get ALL the rest of the ships and equipment in game for in game money only after launch day.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-AC-Starter

That includes Alpha Testing access, Beta access, The Squadron 42 solo game and the Persistent Universe Multiplayer Game. You can test a lot of other ships than the one you pledge for during the frequent free-fly-and-test weeks, as they become available during Alpha testing. At the moment more than two dozen ships are available and the number is growing fast.

During the Holidays they offer(ed) 36 $ instead of 54 $ starter packages. It was as low as 20$ last year.

See you in the 'Verse 
        and
            Have fun

• Dampiel_szDampiel_sz Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Snagged up a Retaliator and a Cutlass Blue, have been waiting for those 2 for a while now... Merry Christmas to mE!
  • treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    edited December 2015
    Erillion said:
    You do not have to spend more money than 54 $, despite what some others try to suggest (e.g. see OP post).

If you like ... get your 54 $ Mustang Star Citizen starter package and get ALL the rest of the ships and equipment in game for in game money only after launch day.

That includes Alpha Testing access, Beta access, The Squadron 42 solo game and the Persistent Universe Multiplayer Game. You can test a lot of other ships than the one you pledge for during the frequent free-fly-and-test weeks, as they become available during Alpha testing. At the moment more than two dozen ships are available and the number is growing fast.

During the Holidays they offer(ed) 36 $ instead of 54 $ starter packages. It was as low as 20$ last year.

See you in the 'Verse 
        and
            Have fun

While you don't have to spend, the fact is any game that offers major ships for hundreds of dollars before a game is even made is a joke and will always be a joke.  I showed a friend their website with all the ships for hundreds of dollars and he laughed and said well I won't be buying the game.  I nodded because I feel the same.  Real world money should not buy you better ships when the ships are hundreds of dollars.  Then you factor in the fact that the other way will be a hellish grind(don't kid yourself they want you to spend the real world money on the ships) and I'm not bothering even if the game ever releases it's a giant scam just by the pricing model.  But continue with your its us vs them, and we all just hate the game to hate it.  NO I hate the shady business practices of a shady company run by a shady man.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Erillion said:

See you in the 'Verse 
        and
            Have fun

While you don't have to spend, the fact is any game that offers major ships for hundreds of dollars before a game is even made is a joke and will always be a joke.  I showed a friend their website with all the ships for hundreds of dollars and he laughed and said well I won't be buying the game.  I nodded because I feel the same.  Real world money should not buy you better ships when the ships are hundreds of dollars.  Then you factor in the fact that the other way will be a hellish grind(don't kid yourself they want you to spend the real world money on the ships) and I'm not bothering even if the game ever releases it's a giant scam just by the pricing model.  But continue with your its us vs them, and we all just hate the game to hate it.  NO I hate the shady business practices of a shady company run by a shady man.
    EXACTLY, very well put. Hope they don't go after you now.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Would be funny if the games a massive success and you eat your world and play it,
    I'm not big fan neither have I spent any more than the basic package, but I do hope the game will be all that they promise.

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Rhygarth said:
    Would be funny if the games a massive success and you eat your world and play it,
    I'm not big fan neither have I spent any more than the basic package, but I do hope the game will be all that they promise.

Honestly?  I swore off EA years ago and I don't miss any of their series,  I stopped buying Ubisoft games when they went in the toilet and again I don't feel like I'm missing anything.   Gamers today have so much choice with regards to what we play that I never feel like I'm missing anything.  When I was a kid it was like these are your choices deal with it lol.  I guess that between interesting Indie titles and me discovering I could get my  mmo style pvp fix from Mobas I just don't miss the stuff I'm not playing.
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    No game out atm has what they are trying to pull off, yes you can play a FPS and yes you could play ED but none have it all in one seamless game,just the scope of 2.0 is amazing and if they get it all working in the PU I think it will be a great experience. I hope it all works out.
    Rhygarth said:

Actually that would be great at least the big money people bought ships with wouldn't be a total loss. Now the other way around and the game never ships with a final product that would be sad and may very well hurt crowdfunding (kickstarter). Which is the whole point a lot of us are trying to point out.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    But you dont BUY the ships theyre a REWARD for DONATING......
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    i upgraded to the super hornet XD
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Upgraded from my Hornet Ghost to Sabre. It's just.....YUMMYYYYYYYYY  =) B)
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I like how they say "in stock"
  • jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Erillion said:

See you in the 'Verse 
        and
            Have fun

No need to spend any dime. They keep giving free access to people from time to time and at the present moment this game is a mess and bringing people earlier, having yet a difficult road ahead, from a team that already failed in 100% of their plans presented, won't help at all to make it grow in fidelity/retention, which is more important than just get people's money now. Remember. They don't have the same perspective of yours, fans with love and always willing to understand and accept everything that CIG does.

Let the game answer and when near finished start to promote the game again. Not necessary to burn people now... Bringing them with half-trues of "oh, now its going to come fast".
    They have freaking 100 million dollars and enough whales willing to sustain them. So, you people just should shut up with this "spread the word" campaign. Enough is enough. At one point you should start to realize the cost benefit and making an analysis that is more than just short-sighted. When?

It's an actress for god sake. A clueless man that never sustained a company for too long and never dealt directly with the public (he had real pros to do that in his place, pros who really realize the reality of the market and how gamers react to situations). While she brought money into this, she clearly have no experience to see when is necessary to just stop, for the good of the company, to care with consumers, etc. Are you going to "wait and see" she learn of experience, ruining Star Citizen with these mistakes? Oh great. So, next project she will do different. And WTF that means for Star Citizen, for god sake?

Bringing people now only makes harm than good. Why can't you people see that?

Here's hoping that the fans finally stop to accept to be treated like lemmings by an actress and remember that THEY have more experience that the girl and even Roberts probably, in terms of marketing approach that fits more with the mindset of gamers, to keep retention, how consumers (not fanboys) would like to be dealt and keeping a company with good reputation. You probably know, from gamer experience, what is important to make a company grow with rep and what difference that makes, specially when the public is 100% hardcore and niche. 

You know that a lot of people will only suffer with delays and new plans failed, and more cash grabbing and the chances to be pissed  of is huge. You know and keep repeating that they are not prepared to play alphas or deal with a difficult road. So why the hell you keep following the same plan again and again, when the time passed for a change, when the most important now is retention, fidelity, instead, burning and losing people, just because easy money due hype must be taken.

Seriously people... Think. And please, don't dare to claim that "I hate Star Citizen". No... I hate the community been lead by people that obviously just want to boost a career and will "learn" (maybe... some never learn because are too arrogant and ego) at the cost of Star Citizen (and more, at the cost of crowdfunding too, due how many people can end burned by the journey and never backing anything again). For what? You people are willing to support immediate results to boost Sandi's career or a healthy future for SC, with good rep for both company and community?

You are shooting in your own foot.

This project is Star Citizen, not Sandi Gardiner irresponsible and short sighted marketing's plan. So, start to defend the first, instead putting the second above the first or it won't end well, definitely.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Erillion said:

See you in the 'Verse 
        and
            Have fun

This post is definitely "LOL" worthy.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Utinni said:
    I like how they say "in stock"
    You can only fit so many spaceships in the series of tubes. Get yours while supplies last.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Erillion said:

[...]

Wut? I didn't even mentioned a Ship hull, I just wanted to point out that you can buy now a Landing Pad for your Endeavor Ship hull, what has this to do with starter packs?

And why do you tell others that I suggest subpar things? Is this a personal attack against me?
    And why do you still advertise the Ship Hull cost from last year? This sounds like buy your Ship package on this sale today for 35$ and remember they were only 20 - YES TWENTY - bucks some years ago ( during a sale .... a sale where all old backers bought them to get their LTI token a new player never saw this package)

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Erillion said:

See you in the 'Verse 
        and
            Have fun

If you could please, explain how ships will be earned in game. If you say with in game currency, could you explain how the economy will work. How much will ships cost in game? Will there a be a cash to in game currency system? Thanks.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    bcbully said:
    Erillion said:

See you in the 'Verse 
        and
            Have fun

If you could please, explain how ships will be earned in game. If you say with in game currency, could you explain how the economy will work. How much will ships cost in game? Will there a be a cash to in game currency system? Thanks.
    The latest diskussion a few months ago ended with a conni for 60h of playtime which was confirmed by CIG - though it's subject to change over time

The cake is a lie.

Posted back in 2013.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/24718/star-citizen-economy-and-employment

How can you post about economy of a game that isn't even built yet? < Honest question!

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    bcbully said:
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/24718/star-citizen-economy-and-employment/p1

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/13128-The-Star-Citizen-Economy

Ship cost in game: not known yet, TBD in Beta testing most likely

Cash-to-in-game-currency system - yes, but with a very limited wallet size (enough to buy ship skins, basic equipment, temporary tuning kits, not enough to buy ships).
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/united-earth-credits

Mission system and reputation

Have fun

• goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Woah, another ship sale? Shocker. Isn't this like, the third-fourth ship sale this month alone? Soon they'll be hosting ship sales whenever a developer on the project has a birthday.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    How can a game that is not even a game yet have a sale?
    I have heard of Chris Angel ,is Chris Roberts perhaps Chris Angel in disguise,a master magician?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited December 2015
    Erillion said:

Cash-to-in-game-currency system - yes, but with a very limited wallet size (enough to buy ship skins, basic equipment, temporary tuning kits, not enough to buy ships).
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/united-earth-credits

Have fun

This isn't true.
    The design is that you can spend a maximum of $750 per month topping up your e-wallet if you want. The most it is planned to hold at any one time is $150 (150,000 UEC). That will be more than enough to buy various ships, ie a Constellation will cost between 250,000 and 325,000 UEC so at most, you would only need to earn 150,000 UEC in game to buy the more expensive hull.

Have fun

Edited to fix wallet cap.
    Post edited by rpmcmurphy on
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Wizardry said:
    I have heard of Chris Angel ,is Chris Roberts perhaps Chris Angel in disguise,a master magician?
    You should ask the Grand Champion of the SC hate crusade about this. His "game" is about to break the record for the longest alpha period. With a sales galore nonetheless.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited December 2015
    Wizardry said:
    the trick of how to make 100M vanish ;)

This discussion has been closed.