Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want a new game like Sentinel Worlds 1:Future Magic

Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
Is there anything "out there" like this? A plotline-based space game with an improvable ship and improvable crew? Why aren't there more games like this? There must be something, even from some indie?

I paid 5 bucks for Starflight 2 through Origin, finished it again. That was just ok. I have X Rebirth, played it til I was sick of it. It was kinda meh for story, anyway.

I'd rather it not be multi-player, just a diversion. I'm not concerned if the ship control is like a flight simulator or just point and click combat. I'd rather it be a more recent release with superior graphics.

Any ideas?

Comments

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    edited December 2015
    Something like Starflight is going to be hard to find these days I'm afraid. I'm more of an Escape Velocity style game fan myself and have been playing Endless Sky on Steam for some time. It's a free space exploration game with ship upgrading, but games like that have no planet exploration, although you can land and follow a story etc.

Have you tried the older X universe games? I personally didn't play anything beyond X2, but that was one of my favourites. X-Rebirth is regarded as one of the worst in the series I think.

No man's sky is also coming out somewhere this year. And there's also Elite: Dangerous.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yes that would be cool as i do like lots of depth and systems in my games.
    However the space genre seems to  encourage low budget designers.This means we might see a couple nice ideas but how would the entire game look,likely cheap.

I did happen to stumble onto those ENDLESS series of games and almost bought a couple but after seeing them live i am not into them that much,the boards are better than say the cheap boards Blizzard has for Hearthstone but still not good enough.
    I would like to see for these Indie devs something more like what SOE had in their card game,some really gorgeous 3d animated figurines and then add in lots of systems like improving your minions/crew or whatever.

The problem with Space games is they take far too much to make it good,your either flying endlessly around in space in some cheap cockpits or confined top some space stations.These Space games never give us the complete package.Right now the biggest budget space game is Star citizen and it is doing VERY little,a minigame,a hangar and some store bought ships to fly around and a few space stations to walk in.

I would love to see a really big budget effort for a game like Shards Online,i think it could be a mega hit if it covered more ground on game development.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited January 2016
    If you enjoyed Starflight 2 then you would love Star Control 2, It's free to download now these days with a HD version, I'ts called Ur-Quan Masters HD.