Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the likelyhood Star Citizen has a psychologist on board?

Comments

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    edited December 2015
     This is not marketing, this is sales.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    goboygo said:
    You mean do they have a good marketing department?  Most really successfully companies do, so my guess is yes judging by the results.
    This is not marketing, this is sales. The fact that they actually have someone working on this (at all) is what has made them money (before launch). Normally, this is first looked at as part of the launch/operations.

P.S. Their revenue is not significant when compared to game in actual operation... but it is significant when compared to other games in development (which typically have 0 revenue).

When all your customers are online, its all about how you market your products, in this case marketing = sales.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    goboygo said:
    goboygo said:
    You mean do they have a good marketing department?  Most really successfully companies do, so my guess is yes judging by the results.
    This is not marketing, this is sales. The fact that they actually have someone working on this (at all) is what has made them money (before launch). Normally, this is first looked at as part of the launch/operations.

P.S. Their revenue is not significant when compared to game in actual operation... but it is significant when compared to other games in development (which typically have 0 revenue).

When all your customers are online, its all about how you market your products, in this case marketing = sales.
    Marketing gets people in the door (or website). Sales takes their money once they are there.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    So Chris Roberts Hiring his wife was a smart move, Isn't she in charge of marketing?
    If she developed the marketing like he said then she really is the brains behind the operation. 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Marketing incorporates psychology and statistics.  I'm sure they have a guy (or girl) that's really great at marketing (or Roberts himself is, which is possible he does seem, for some reason, very charismatic to certain people).
  • jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    goboygo said:
    goboygo said:

Marketing gets people in the door (or website). Sales takes their money once they are there.

No. This is advertising. Part of marketing just as sales. For god sake. How many people clueless.
  • SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    jcrg99 said:
    goboygo said:
    goboygo said:

No. This is advertising. Part of marketing just as sales. For god sake. How many people clueless.
    Educate yourself:

http://marketing.about.com/b/2014/04/06/marketing-advertising-sales-who-does-what.htm
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Gdemami said:
    Psychology...a witchery of modern age. More people believe it, more real, and working, it is.

Seems like ridiculous beliefs are a part of human nature and there is no escape from it...
    LOL derp award for you, you may want to tell Edward Bernays whats you just said and see if he agrees. Or maybe just look at the last 70 odd years of marketing to be proven wrong.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited December 2015
    Xeno.phon said:
    LOL derp award for you, you may want to tell Edward Bernays whats you just said and see if he agrees. Or maybe just look at the last 70 odd years of marketing to be proven wrong.

That is the point, psychology lacks falsifiability...
    Gdemami said:
    Xeno.phon said:

And that is generalization. Behaviourist explanations i.e. are falsifiable.
    edited December 2015
    Nope...

There is no common framework for any psychological discipline thus it is incapable of falsifiability.

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    edited December 2015
    Gdemami said:
    Xeno.phon said:

I wouldnt bother, he is obviously out of touch with reality. There are countless examples of the validity of psychology. Anyone that considers the definition of self as witchcraft cannot be appealed to.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Y'all keep arguing about your studies in psychology, marketing and sales.  I'l go back to my studies of good looking women in yoga pants.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Correct... this is not the topic to argue about if psychology is falsifiable or not or if it's witchcraft or not. 

The results speak for the influence of psychology on marketing. Many psychological studies have been engaged by marketing companies. I just need to walk into the next supermarket to see its influence (how and where the goods are placed etc. cc.). 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Unless you're a marketing psychologist. Or a marketing research consultant with a degree in psychology.

The real money is in advertising. That's where the best manipulators of mass psych go.

Correct... this is not the topic to argue about if psychology is falsifiable or not or if it's witchcraft or not. 

The results speak for the influence of psychology on marketing. Many psychological studies have been engaged by marketing companies. I just need to walk into the next supermarket to see its influence (how and where the goods are placed etc. cc.). 
    See, that is what I was talking about :)

You can go to a shaman and see how people are getting cured... Same thing :-P

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Well it didn't work on me. I stopped spending once I reached 45 $ Bucks!
    Gdemami said:

See, that is what I was talking about :)

You can go to a shaman and see how people are getting cured... Same thing :-P

You mean placebo effect? The power of mind indeed is astonishing. It all starts with thoughts... when you boil it down it starts with the observation.
    edited December 2015
    You mean placebo effect? The power of mind indeed is astonishing. It all starts with thoughts... when you boil it down it starts with the observation.
    No, I am talking about general inability to distinguish whether theory works or not - did the ritual or herbs helped? Or was it faith or the body would heal up regardless? If some treatment truly helped, how does it work?

But as long as you believe it works, the witch will be making money.

There is a joke running in economics - Economic models only work until they stop working.
    That's what I meant with the power of the mind and the influence of observation (putting it partially into the science part i.e. the double-split experiment). And herbology works not only since yesterday. It's a combination of many things. There is no "One Solution".

Yeah that "running joke"... never seen anyone really laugh about it ;) economic models are not a constant due to many dependencies, interferences and influences. Wanna talk about geopolitics?  

Let's stop here... such things should be discussed personally due to psychological advantages a personal conversation has ;) 

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Don't you love how they go way off topic and no one says anything to them?

Considering Sandi has no schooling in it or in marketing, to me it seems like something else is going on here. So no there isn't any psychology with this.

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Brenics said:
    Don't you love how they go way off topic and no one says anything to them?

Considering Sandi has no schooling in it or in marketing, to me it seems like something else is going on here. So no there isn't any psychology with this.

Hey, Sandi might be just naturally good at it.  Or she might be a figurehead, put there to pull in an exorbitant salary.  Either is possible.  Her Hollywood career wasn't particularly great, but in fair disclosure, neither was mine.

I am sure that Chris Roberts' salary is commensurate with his ego though.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    jcrg99 said:
    goboygo said:
    goboygo said:

Educate yourself:

http://marketing.about.com/b/2014/04/06/marketing-advertising-sales-who-does-what.htm
    Most people do not understand the difference, because they have never had to hire or manage these types of positions. 
  • BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843
    Look, it's not all too difficult to manipulate addicts , and make no mistake all these so called 'fans' are nothing but full blown addicts chasing a new high that will never come.
    That's why their ignorance, denial and fanatic-like support for their puppet master is on full display on forums and everywhere.
    It may look shocking to a common observer but for people in 'marketing' it's just another day in office.

The main problem is that parents in this ultra busy modern age don't have time to think about this and protect thier kids from being conditioned, made addicts and skinned alive.
    I mean it's just gaming right? Video games? What can ever be wrong about that?
    Yeah..

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    No i honestly believe the game will come but will never be a Triple A game.
    I do believe these are addicts however,i doubt it even matters to them if the game is any good,they are addicted to spending/buying ships and the more the merrier.

It is sort of like some rich kid filling his garage up with expensive cars.

No the game does not have any psychologist,CR imo has a high ego,believes he is better at game design than he really is.Imo this and even his past were nothing more than MONEY ventures,that is why his second in command is a lawyer,he has visions of manipulation and shotty systems to make money and needs to make sure everything abides by law so that he doesn't just one day lose everything and end up sued.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.