Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Snow Weather

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited December 2015
    Ohhhhh Snow, who would have thought.
  • LoveRemovalMachineLoveRemovalMachine Member UncommonPosts: 213
    It really looks nice but does it effect your framerate a lot?
    We are always in a race what our intelligence can do for us and what our intelligence does to us.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    I do enjoy the different seasons actually being a part of the world; watching the snow melt into puddles is a simple concept that sees little attention.  Especially if that puddle is shown on your gear when you step into it.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I do enjoy the different seasons actually being a part of the world; watching the snow melt into puddles is a simple concept that sees little attention.  Especially if that puddle is shown on your gear when you step into it.
    This in a nutshell.  The attention to details really makes this game stand out.  Yes it's just snow, but snow that melts and turns to puddles then mud and lastly dry dusty roads,  well you just don't see that often in mmo's.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    I absolutely loved the stormy nights during Cbt1. It's not often that I am impressed by weather effects in a game but this blew me away. Was a complete pain in the ass to see anything lol but that's what I expect when there are no stars or the moon and its blasting rain at you.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited December 2015
    It really looks nice but does it effect your framerate a lot?
    No, the game is well optimized and the engine custom built in house specifically for this game. They actually did some large group stress testing at the end of the CBT1 where the CM got everyone to come to the public arena in town and PvP or just watch, then we all got on our horses to go to the next town and play around the fishing docks. Game ran beautifully -  I could see what was going on, move around without issue, fight just fine. It felt a tad slow but it was very much playable and I didn't even change my graphics for that. Much to my surprise I did actually have about 12-15 FPS with the masses of people on screen playing, but I never would have noticed honestly because it ran so well (I'm still not sure how I didn't see the slowness on screen because in other games you can SEE fps drops visually, but not here and my guildmates were saying the same thing). Game was built to run well in exactly that sort of situation and it really does - and my graphics card is only mid-range.
  • LoveRemovalMachineLoveRemovalMachine Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited December 2015
    @Leiloni: Thanks for the information.

All these weather effect do look very impressive just like others said in this topic and from what I have seen now on youtube.
    Also the day and night cycles are impressive, fighting in the black dark nights with the rain and thunderclouds. Fighting in the dark makes it way more scary. Thumbs up!

We are always in a race what our intelligence can do for us and what our intelligence does to us.

• AkisDarkfoldAkisDarkfold Member UncommonPosts: 16
    @Leiloni: Thanks for the information.

All these weather effect do look very impressive just like others said in this topic and from what I have seen now on youtube.
    Also the day and night cycles are impressive, fighting in the black dark nights with the rain and thunderclouds. Fighting in the dark makes it way more scary. Thumbs up!

it is very nice and actually it makes you feel part of the game very quick