Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcing FFXIV Fan Festival 2016-2017!

HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390

We’re pleased to announce that Fan Festival, the largest live event for FINAL FANTASY XIV fans the world over, is making its glorious return starting in 2016! The events kick off in October 2016 in Las Vegas with the North American Fan Festival, we end the year with a bang with the Japanese Fan Festival in Tokyo in December 2016, and ignite 2017 with the European Fan Festival in Germany in February! 

Celebrate all things FFXIV with your fellow adventurers in three different locations across the globe and create memories that will last a lifetime!
FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival in North America
Early Registration: Thursday, October 13, 2016
Show Dates: Friday, October 14, 2016 to Saturday, October 15, 2016
Venue: Paris Las Vegas

* Details regarding discounted hotel rates and show hours will be announced in the future.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival in Japan
Date: Saturday, December 24, 2016 to Sunday, December 25, 2016
Venue: Tokyo Big Sight West Hall 3 & 4

FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival in Europe
Date: February 2017 (2-day event)
Venue: Details to be announced at a later date

* Note: The European Fan Festival will be an international event and as such, all activities will be run in English.

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Just saying,i hate these events.Unless that event is right in my city,i am not spending tons fo money and missing work to go to one of these.They usually if not always carry some kind of special perks in game for attending which alienates those that can't go versus  those that are lucky enough to have one in their own backyard.
    Example i guarantee your not seeing one in Canada and it they did Canada is a pretty big country,not like someone in the East coast is going to travel to the West coast to attend one.

A perfect example is closest being Las Vegas ,lmao yeah real close by,i should be there in a few minutes,hold my seat.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Just saying,i hate these events.Unless that event is right in my city,i am not spending tons fo money and missing work to go to one of these.They usually if not always carry some kind of special perks in game for attending which alienates those that can't go versus  those that are lucky enough to have one in their own backyard.
    Example i guarantee your not seeing one in Canada and it they did Canada is a pretty big country,not like someone in the East coast is going to travel to the West coast to attend one.

A perfect example is closest being Las Vegas ,lmao yeah real close by,i should be there in a few minutes,hold my seat.
    Oh I don't care about going either but, that's where new info comes out on the game. I'm expecting 4.0 announcement at that time.
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    edited December 2015
    Wizardry said:

Oh I don't care about going either but, that's where new info comes out on the game. I'm expecting 4.0 announcement at that time.
    Thinking its a bit too soon for a 4.0 announcement, feel something like that would be something to announce in a bigger convention/expo? Don't seem to remember what the Japan one is called but I'm sure you know which one I mean. Also I don't seem to recall any of these festivals giving you any advantage over others unable to attend outside of the event other than maybe seeing a new reveal a few hours before it hits all the sites.

I've attended PAX 2014 and 2015 for the Titan and Ravana battle challenge event and we got a shirt at most. They were selling the combined OST for the composer of FFXIV (forget his name) at a discounted price for getting it there. Even if they gave away minions or the like I'm sure they would pop up in the optional cash shop, so in the end you would miss out on nothing.
    Wizardry said:

I don't care about anything except getting to Ala Mhigo. That and Samurai are what i'm waiting for. Maybe not 4.0 but, something big like it.