Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From a Dev - "An announcement will be made in January as to the official Kickstarter date."

2»

Comments

• Mister_JCMister_JC Member UncommonPosts: 4
    @JeromyWalsh Wow, selling off personal stuff, you must really love this game. It does sound good, a bit much to program, but if it can get this old MMO-rat back in business with its no class system. Then I am all for keeping an eye on more information.

• NarkariNarkari Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I look forward to learn what rewards they have for the Kickstarter. I hope they give us the idea of what rewards will be at what price before the Kickstarter so we know what we want to save up for. I can't wait too see how much this game can earn with all the hype it has.
    Fennec Academy - "A world without knowledge is no  world at all"
    Website
    Recruitment Thread

Join Chronicles of Elyria a new MMORPG in the making. Learn more here. Put in my friend code 32471C for cookies. :)
  • GrelfGrelf Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Narkari said:
    I look forward to learn what rewards they have for the Kickstarter. I hope they give us the idea of what rewards will be at what price before the Kickstarter so we know what we want to save up for. I can't wait too see how much this game can earn with all the hype it has.
    Hopefully they will allow for package upgrading like in Crowfall.
  • BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843
    gir243 said:
    Rusque said:
    The bigger question is . . . who will be the new annoying person on the forums who posts about CoE three thousand times a day defending it from any and all non-super positive comments?
    I nominate the "Have Fun!" dude from Star Citizen.
    Shills like that don't come free of charge.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Best of luck in that regard.  Hopefully they have some nice investors lined up as well, as some of their ideas are risks, and risks are what the genre is lacking at the moment.  That said, the cynical side of me suspects they'd need tens of millions overall to get what they want done.  The art assets alone will require a lot, especially if there is an aging aspect to the game.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Benjola said:
    gir243 said:
    Rusque said:
    The bigger question is . . . who will be the new annoying person on the forums who posts about CoE three thousand times a day defending it from any and all non-super positive comments?
    I nominate the "Have Fun!" dude from Star Citizen.
    Shills like that don't come free of charge.
    I do not charge ;) 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • StreiterwulfStreiterwulf Member CommonPosts: 3
    I absolutely agree. That's why when I decided it was time for Chronicles of Elyria to move beyond the design phase into the larger development phase, I invested every bit of savings I had, took out a small business loan, and sold the land my family was using to build our dream home on in order to get some starting capital.

The proceeds from all of that - everything I have, plus the debt I incurred from it, is what is currently funding the development of Chronicles of Elyria. It's not much, but it's enough to get us to our Kickstarter.

I did that precisely because I believed that if I was going to ask the world for money to help make my vision a reality, I needed to put my money where my mouth was. I've literally put everything I own, plus more, on the line. And I'm completely comfortable with it. I wouldn't have done all that if I wasn't supremely confident in my team's ability to meet our objectives.
    It's rare for people these days to take such risk as you have to obtain goals.
    It's one of those things that I see that I can relate to and respect. You Sir, have gained my respect.
    I don't have much to my name, but once your Kickstarter begins I will donate what I can to make sure this game, your dream, a style of game I have been waiting for since EverQuest back in 1999. 

Thank you for taking a risk. I hope others, including myself take a risk as well and help CoE come to be realized.