Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Information Redux's article showing the main issues with CIG

Comments

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    The comments on that article were pretty funny. Some angry fans
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Never heard of the site... after reading that, I now know why.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Oh lord are you ready for the incoming tears from all the SC fanboi, especially Shades the Rabbit?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Know the difference between an opinion piece and journalism.
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Cougan said:
    The comments on that article were pretty funny. Some angry fans
    Angry? Downright unhinged.

SC threads used to be amusing, but anymore the insane need to defend the CR and company against any who might dare question, let alone the paranoid delusion that Derek Smart lurks behind every rock, is really starting to make me wonder if some of these people will be capable of moving on if -- or, more likely, when -- SC craters.

There's been a lot of hype trains in gaming, more than a few that have exceeded ludicrous levels, but I have never, ever seen anything come even close to this.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Bit confused why this needed it's own thread when it was already linked in another and discussed. This is the point I made about those who have no goal in their argument other than to cause drama.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited December 2015
    Oh Vanessa...

You lightened my mood in this rainy melancholic evening.
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    She poked a hornets nest and look what it came out in the comments section (and even here).  every hateful comment just proves her point even more.

what a beautiful community.
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    edited December 2015
    She poked a hornets nest and look what it came out in the comments section (and even here).  every hateful comment just proves her point even more.

This article is full of nonsense and accusations based on assumptions, no objectively criticism.

Just the first few sentences made me laugh so hard.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Daikuru said:

This article is full of nonsense and accusations based on assumptions, no objectively criticism.

Heh you know what? I have the privilege of not being in your club. I just observe and ...  /shrug

If you want to prove that her points are not valid you should take the time and disprove her "assumptions". She provided quite a few links to back her claims.
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Daikuru said:

Heh you know what? I have the privilege of not being in your club. I just observe and ...  /shrug

If you want to prove that her points are not valid you should take the time and disprove her "assumptions". She provided quite a few links to back her claims.
    dereksmart.org - says all, but thanks for the try. :D
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yes that article is basically telling what the public already sees,they are NOT full frontal with information of feedback,they hide all negativity and make sure you hear about all the positives.

I find even this 2.0 to be a joke, a slap in the face of intelligence.It is nothing more than a compilation, a new video to show case what has already been shown with VERY little to add or change.Point being it is not worthy of any 2.0 title.None the less that doesn't really bother me that much,i expect lots of little lame things from developers,after all they are in the business of being a salesmen,manipulate,withhold information or flat out lie to sell you something.

What i found really just more lameness adding to the already deep hole Chris has dug himself was the TOS change but keeping the date the same..roflmao.If that is recorded or screenshot by anyone that is automatic reason for legal action from anyone who wants their money back.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Daikuru said:
    Daikuru said:

dereksmart.org - says all, but thanks for the try. :D
    You really showed them with your intelligent, fact filled rebuttals.

You really don't help SC fans cases with that comment
    Kefo said:

There is no case for a fan or detractor to make. 

Chris Roberts will either produce a fun game, or he won't.  Nothing else matters. All the forum crying in the world will not change that.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    It's like some people criticizing CS fans have never visited beta forums before.  Every beta forum I've ever seen was filled with rabid fans attacking anyone who dares to criticize their precious.  This is not new people.  Please move along.
    Kefo said:

Chris Roberts will either produce a fun game, or he won't.  Nothing else matters. All the forum crying in the world will not change that.
    He either will or he won't is true but that doesn't mean we can't debate what our opinions on how they get there. Or if we think that it will get made or won't get made. 

If if we followed your line of reasoning then no point in talking about anything new coming out ever.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    jcrg99 said:
    Sadly, all I see is self indulgent whining. There may be a good point in there, but I dont have the interest to find it amid all of the 'poor me' writing.
    Kefo said:
    Kefo said:

He either will or he won't is true but that doesn't mean we can't debate what our opinions on how they get there. Or if we think that it will get made or won't get made. 

If if we followed your line of reasoning then no point in talking about anything new coming out ever.
    Of course you can talk.  Just look at my history and it's obvious I do it a bunch.  My point is that no fan or detractor is going to win their "case" as the game isn't released.  You can post a 45 page dissertation on why SC will fail and it's as meaningless as a fan posting "SC RULEZ!!"

Chris Roberts will either produce a fun game or he wont.  These discussion have no impact on that.

jcrg99 said:
    Sadly, all I see is self indulgent whining. There may be a good point in there, but I dont have the interest to find it amid all of the 'poor me' writing.
    It looks like a blog, aren't blogs all about self indulgent whining?
    Kefo said:
    Kefo said:

Of course you can talk.  Just look at my history and it's obvious I do it a bunch.  My point is that no fan or detractor is going to win their "case" as the game isn't released.  You can post a 45 page dissertation on why SC will fail and it's as meaningless as a fan posting "SC RULEZ!!"

Chris Roberts will either produce a fun game or he wont.  These discussion have no impact on that.

I've seen your posting before in the pathfinder threads :)

Personally I don't think anything I post will win or lose anything. I just like being able to share my opinion and have reasonable debates. 

If I posted a 45 page dissertation then I know I would have too much time on my hands lol
    edited December 2015
    reeereee said:
    It's like some people criticizing CS fans have never visited beta forums before.  Every beta forum I've ever seen was filled with rabid fans attacking anyone who dares to criticize their precious.  This is not new people.  Please move along.
    When a game is crowd funded and its budget is around 100 million dollars I think it is pretty safe to say that it is something new for gaming industry.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Look man just accept the fact that SC will continue to suck the money out of anyone willing to give it.  And somehow they will finally finish the game they promised.  Then it will continue to suck more money out of the players.  The game is a suck and it will always do this.  They have created a lifestyle for that game and it has an upkeep that will require them to continually sell virtual unfinished materials.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    reeereee said:
    When a game is crowd funded and its budget is around 100 million dollars I think it is pretty safe to say that it is something new for gaming industry.

Games change, fans behavior doesn't.  I remember fans just as rabid for gw2, FFXIV:ARR, ESO, SWTOR. 

The primary difference this time around is that they've invest hundreds, maybe thousands, or even tens of thousands of their own dollars in the game.  Then again I can only imagine how much money gw2 would have made had they allowed fans to spend on the game before release.  I think it would have easily eclipsed 100 million.
    All I care about is that they get Squadron 42 shipped and it kicks ass.

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    I agree with everything in this pseudo article and those are exactly the reasons why I took all of my money out form the project.