Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how is the game doing

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
it went free a few months ago...

so how is the game doing?

and how is the development team doing? Are they bringing new content? Or still only bugcatching?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    edited December 2015
    They're doing seasonal content, halloween and christmas so far it seems, but I dont think that much new content from pre f2p. They did just retune a bunch of stuff after F2P so maybe they are looking at more balancing.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Its dying, again...

Hodor!

• MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Anyone know if they did anything about all the BOTs in the game? 85% of my pvp grp last time i played were BOTs
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Was wondering this too. Still no one i know cares about this game. I think many tried it out when it went f2p but most have left already.
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Great game killed but its killed by its hardcore endgame

endgame is all about hardcore raids that are just too much stress for the amount of fun you get from them, they are not going to change that anytime soon so thats why i myself will not go back f2p or not.

Maybe if they made it so you could get the best gear without  20 people all doing a perfict choreographed dance 3 nights a week for hours they might get people to stay after lvl 50.

Gear grind from raids is just for the hardcore and i think thats why people are put off.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2015
    Well i never got to end game,i was bored from the first minute i stepped into the game.IDK even know about outside stuff because all i saw was a real cheap game designed around linear small laneways,typical of a low budget free to play game.

I also did not like the way the graphics were done,i sort of had a headache from the way lights and stuff are done,i couldn't even put a finger on it entirely because i have never felt that sort of Epilepsy feeling before in a game unless i was playing for 10 hours in a row lol.

As for busy/population,i was in there the second day after relaunch and i saw a few people but it did not look very popular.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I couldn't bring myself to do another quest so never got past level ten or so.  Very little exploration.  Just going from one quest packed area to another.   This is from a person that enjoys questing.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i got up to lvl 30 (or almost 30, cant remember) when it first launched. Couldnt stand the combat and the boring questing galore. Loved the graphics and artstyle. Not enough to make me play again.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    It's a shame going F2P doesn't actually make your game any more fun.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I played at launch.  I liked the stylistic graphics and sense of humor.  The PvE gameplay was the killer for me.  I play MMO's and other games to relax.  With the constant dodging and moving and running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I just couldn't chill and have fun.
  • Fixxxer13Fixxxer13 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Im loving it. I originally played during beta and played a couple months after release didn't have the time to put in it and now I'm back. Not really sure why people say its dead or bad. There's only one reason and that they are on a pvp server. I wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't back up their claim that this game isn't worth a try.

PvE servers are full of players plenty on each side but more on the exiles. Things I noticed right off the bat after leveling is that its much easier to get into dungeons (ilvl wise). You can purchase pvp gear for gold which will at least get you into dungeons. There is still a learning curve with the boss fights, even when geared you can't stand in the telegraphs you'll still die which is great because you can't sit back and lawl dps. 

Gearing to get raid ready is easier as well. Attuning to get raid ready is much simpler as well. I finally got to step into Genetic Archives for the first time and the fights are fun and different. I am in a casually raiding guild but we still make progress.

One complaint I have is that this game is not alt friendly especially if you want to raid. The rune system is a serious gold dump and will leave you with little money behind especially if you rune an off spec which is why having alts very difficult. This may not hold true if your good at focusing your time and using it to your max potential. Dailies should provide a bit more gold imo but thats just because I'd rather do less of them. Contracts a type of daily I consistently keep on top of they are very important to do. 

Things to keep in mind.

1. If you don't like learning fights and taking the time to progress even on dungeon bosses this game is not for you. Listening to direction and taking the time to learn mechanics will take you a long way. 

2. Questing if you hate it and want to progress faster skip all task quests only do regional/story quests and keep the quests 1-2 levels above your character this will save you tons of time. 

3. Learn to interrupt and always have it on your action bar. 

4. There are some bugs some experience more than others but nothing that should take away from the game. Many are minor and if anyone say otherwise they are nit picking and focusing too much on the negatives. 

5. This is not a pay to win the store is completely cosmetic. It can make runeing a little less painful as you can spend your service tokens on taking out runes thus saving them and taking the RNG out of rolling new rune sockets. However doing this will rack up service tokens fairly quickly. 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    For me, F2P was not the cure.  It just couldn't hold my attention......

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2015
    Wizardry said:
    Well i never got to end game,i was bored from the first minute i stepped into the game.IDK even know about outside stuff because all i saw was a real cheap game designed around linear small laneways,typical of a low budget free to play subscription game.

I also did not like the way the graphics were done,i sort of had a headache from the way lights and stuff are done,i couldn't even put a finger on it entirely because i have never felt that sort of Epilepsy feeling before in a game unless i was playing for 10 hours in a row lol.

As for busy/population,i was in there the second day after relaunch and i saw a few people but it did not look very popular.
    Are you suggesting that WS that took 7+2 years and many millions of dollars to develop and launched with a sub is no better than a "cheap" f2p game?
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    i got up to lvl 30 (or almost 30, cant remember) when it first launched. Couldnt stand the combat and the boring questing galore. Loved the graphics and artstyle. Not enough to make me play again.
    Got  several levels higher, but ended up in the same place - i.e. not playing Wildstar. I found the combat too repetitive.

Ok they went for the aoe jumping around approach, and that would be ok - if it was mixed in with a variety of single target direct attacks.

Considering the game is essentially a go to next quest format, the combat should make an effort into adding variety. It doesn't, and that's where the interest decline sets in.

Now the response is of course - the game's not for you. But hear that too often and there'll be no one left to listen.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    gervaise1 said:
    Wizardry said:
    Well i never got to end game,i was bored from the first minute i stepped into the game.IDK even know about outside stuff because all i saw was a real cheap game designed around linear small laneways,typical of a low budget free to play subscription game.

Are you suggesting that WS that took 7+2 years and many millions of dollars to develop and launched with a sub is no better than a "cheap" f2p game?
    WAR had a great budget, a good IP, took it's time in development and still failed. Just spending a lot of time and money on something isn't enough or Guns and roses album "Chinese democracy" would have been the best studio album ever.

Wildstar isn't becoming a better or worse game just because it went F2P, if you didn't like it before this wont matter. The advantage is that you might get more people to try it out and some of those might like it but that is it.

I think WS real problem is that it first target very casual players and then suddenly hardcore raiders. Wow might do the same but it has a middle ground in between and since the game was more challenging all around once most of the current raiders started out then. WS should either been aimed at the casuals or hardcore players for the entire game becuase now the hardcore gamers tend to tire after a few hours while the casuals tend to quit when they reach the endgame. Of course some people do love it as it is but it isn't enough of people doing that considering the devoelpment cost. 
  • MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148
    edited December 2015
    I think this game's big mistake was focusing on hardcore raiders and players. Both groups make up a very small percentage of MMOs regardless what forums broadcast. Not to mention hardcore raiders are already devoted to other games like WoW. You want to dedicated a game to hard players only? Fine. Just don't spend hundreds of millions for a small demographic.

So Carbine not only asked these hardcore raiders to leave their current game. But to level up with a telegraph combat system and devote all their time to this new IP. Tough sell. Then shatt on the casuals. Any developer that thinks they can pull of 40 man raiding is beyond arrogant in this day and age.

Now Carbine is saying they are kind of casual and to try their game out for free. It's the only play they have left and it should have been that way from the beginning. I really enjoy aspects of this game but overall it lacks something, reminded me of games that I was attached too IP wise and had poor optimization issues.

Wildstar is in better shape now but I don't think the F2P launch gave it the shot in the arm it needed. Based on server population. I think there is a good chance it could shut down the end of 2016/2017.
    I feel sorry for fans of the game. But the fact is when ESO and this game were ready to launch? Wildstar fans launched a hate campaign at ESO and claimed Wildstar would be best new MMO for years.

It was almost as bad as GW2's fans who launched hate at TOR and claimed GW2 to be MMO jesus. So I am not sad to see Wildstar fail or see Carbine punished for it's arrogance. I only feel remorse for any rational gamer who loses their favorite game.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Loke666 said:
    gervaise1 said:
    Wizardry said:

WAR had a great budget, a good IP, took it's time in development and still failed. Just spending a lot of time and money on something isn't enough or Guns and roses album "Chinese democracy" would have been the best studio album ever.

Wildstar isn't becoming a better or worse game just because it went F2P, if you didn't like it before this wont matter. The advantage is that you might get more people to try it out and some of those might like it but that is it.

I think WS real problem is that it first target very casual players and then suddenly hardcore raiders. Wow might do the same but it has a middle ground in between and since the game was more challenging all around once most of the current raiders started out then. WS should either been aimed at the casuals or hardcore players for the entire game becuase now the hardcore gamers tend to tire after a few hours while the casuals tend to quit when they reach the endgame. Of course some people do love it as it is but it isn't enough of people doing that considering the devoelpment cost. 
    Seems like for a lot of people myself included, it couldn't hold ones interest long enough to reach end.  I tried it a few times and lost interest after two or three days of trying it out.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    F2P probably helped WS reach a slightly broader audience, but it likely still failed to retain those customers, just as it did at launch. Even casual players need something "to do" at end game, and in WS, it's either hardcore or get out. WS doesn't seem to know what audience it's trying to target and it shows.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I stopped playing shortly after their Halloween event.  The population was very strong back then.  I think they already merged servers again though.  I tried to like it, but the combat and art style ultimately made me uninstall.  I tried to get others to play with me, but they didn't like the art style either.