Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Players' Choice 2015 - Most Anticipated Awards at MMORPG.com

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    It's really hard for me to consider Overwatch a MOBA. It's way more FPS. Is there any MOBA at all in Overwatch?

Idk w/e I'm going through video game depression since they took the closed beta down...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    erinys said:
    where the fuck is camelot unchained? this site it getting worse by the frikking month

CU might not be a 2016 launch. I thought the same thing though.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I think Cyberpunk 2077 in 2016 is a stretch... hope so but I wouldn't hold my breath. Anyway that's the one I'm most looking forward to.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited December 2015
    Ugg, what a list. That is the saddest thing I've seen all day.

Joined - July 2004

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Ammon777_new said:

orbitxo said:
    i wanted so badly to vote for warhammers- i...i...i just couldnt.

i went with the division

sad to see no new mmos rolling in- i guess its an end to an era.

Its not the end of the era, its just a dry spell.

Yeah, so dry that even MMORPG.com has been forced to widen it's coverage because of how dry it is.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Tree of Savior
    The Division
    Black Desert Online
    Blade & Soul
    Crowfall
    Persona 5

I'm a happy camper. Sorry the rest of you aren't.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I went with Mass Effect because so far I've enjoyed the series but the RPG I look forward to playing is deus ex mankind divided. Nothing in the other to categories impress me. Isn't Star Citizen due in 2016?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    edited December 2015
    Awful. I'm not anticipating any of those MMO's unfortunately. It's going to be a long wait to 2017. Don't tell me I'm going to have to start playing MOBA's...
  • stio89stio89 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    H1Z1? Why?
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    CU is the only one that matters., so I ll vote for it anyways. Everything else is crap IMO.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    <snippety snip>

It might. If it said 2016 or later, I'd be fine with that. Bill asked me a honest question and I gave him an honest answer. :)
    Ah, I sometimes wonder will you ever grow up?  ;)

PS just BTW, every second post here seems to be a variation of "What? No CU??" O,o <--- this is Goblin eyebrow raise emoticon, I'm still waiting on MMORPG.com to update these.
     W...aaagh?
  • delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358
    Is it a bad year for gaming or a terrible list? Find out next year!
  • Dragonsfire9Dragonsfire9 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I totally agree none gets my vote in any category. Sad situation.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    stio89 said:
    H1Z1? Why?

I second that ,i don't even know what category you could put the game in.The only mode people play is battle Royale which has none of the survival elements aside from pvp ,anyhow the game definitely does not belong under any of these 3 categories.

Overwatch is not a moba but then again it's Blizzard they spend money here,got to get there game into some category.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited December 2015
    I couldn't do it, I'm not anticipating any of those games.

Too bad they lack the courage to put in a none of the above button.

Will re-up all 6 of my EVE subs for another full year I guess.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Yeah, not really looking foward to any of these maybe Crowfall and Blade and Soul.... Black Desert looks alright but the hype train is going off the rails on that one and it's never a good sign...

The games just can never live up to it........
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    @ Mark Jacobs
    Thanks -- that was a standup response if I ever heard one. I'm not PvP-inclined so I'm obviously not in your target demographic but it was really nice to have a dev come by and provide some plain speak. Kudos, sir!

@Bill
    You really need to put a "something else" and a "none of the above" in your choices. I had to leave two of the categories blank because I'm not looking forward to a good RPG this year and absolutely detest MOBAs.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Tree of Savior needs more love. I bet it outlives them all ten years from now.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    There shouldn't even be a vote for MOBA's, most haven't heard of any but Overwatch. Are devs really working on a MOBA called Battlecry and Battleborn in the same year? Whoever was late to that party should be fired.
  • jtripperjtripper Member UncommonPosts: 115
    That's a funny list, as 8 of those MMOs also appeared on the Most Anticipated MMO 2015 poll. The editors here certainly are optimistic, if not overly so. What's funnier is that a few of those titles will still be on their poll next year too. :)
  • AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    No anticipation on this side whatsoever.

It takes one to know one.

Astraeis said:
    Anyone not anticipating Cyberpunk 2077 should have their CRPG gaming license revoked

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Iselin said:
    Astraeis said:
    Anyone not anticipating Cyberpunk 2077 should have their CRPG gaming license revoked

This is interesting and I wonder how I've not heard of it before.

But then again I've seen impressive cgi trailers before so I'll refrain from getting too optimistic.  Fool me once.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Just this three, no more brackets? This will be quite a short Player's choice :wink:
    At least it was easy, I don't play DotA clones so that's a skip, CP 2077 was a clear pick since the only other I might check on the list is FF XV, but I'm more like a CDPR fan.

For the main, MMO bracket... well, it sounds like a weak year... I selected SotA because of the CCG-esque combat and NPC interaction, and because I still respect Garriot, even after that F-turd UO. But I don't think SotA will be out in 2016.
    H1Z1 with pve and base building sounded interestingat first, but turned out pretty average - also it's out already, why the anticipation, that it will come out from open beta? :wink: The rest of the list... meh.  /shrug
    reeereee said:
    This is interesting and I wonder how I've not heard of it before.

But then again I've seen impressive cgi trailers before so I'll refrain from getting too optimistic.  Fool me once.
    It's by CD Projekt using the same 3D engine they used for The Witcher 3. A bit more info on their site:

http://cyberpunk.net/

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED