Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert - My thoughts - Game Flow SUCKS!!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I created three characters, couldn't get into the combat and that was it for me.  Games have to grab me right off the bat.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    edited December 2015
    I created three characters, couldn't get into the combat and that was it for me.  Games have to grab me right off the bat.
    Same thing happened to me, but I kept going.  Now I'm finding the combat is actually quite amazing once you get into it.  But you need to get past like level 20, up until then it's just a spam fest with no real tactics.  Age of Wushu & Archeage were both kind of the same way... the combat really sucked at first for me, but I kept at it, and in the end the combat was quite amazing.  

But hey, if you don't have the patience, or the want, to stick it out.  Better luck in your next mmo.  Cheers! :)
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    As far as people saying "it's beta" or "maybe things will change before release".... litterally the only thing that will change before release if language changes, some minor UI tweaks, and possible voice overs (wouldn't hold my breath for this).

Combat, quests, travel, mob placement, etc all will not change between now and release.  All of these things are dictated by the Korean version, and unless things change there, they won't change here.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I have to agree with some points here too. Game flow does suck.
    Things hopefully will change before it release's. But hey its a Korean game, i don't expect much from those as there more or less the same thing.
    Here's a thought, how about ignoring the main quest and  "NOT" summoning the imp. 

Does anyone know if one is fully gimped if one ignores the main quest?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Amw86Amw86 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I kind of miss waiting in line to join a Fins group in DAoC to hit 50 haha..forget what the mobs are called in alb/mid to hit 50.

quests pffft, waste of time, let me stand in a group and play my part and farm instead.   Then I can socialize with people while we farm instead of meet as many new NPC's as possible...shit if they had this and in game voice chat for groups would be killer

I still think thats the best format for leveling....and even with as repetitive as it can be WoW dungeon finder is pretty killer....considering real world confinements of trying to randomize the situation, maybe more dungeons or farming locations that weren't time limited would be cool.
  • nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218
    i still like the tera action combat more , don t like these combo things .. feels more like a fighting game than a mmo , same with blade and soul , but its even worse...

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    DMKano said:
    ragz45 said:
    Same thing happened to me, but I kept going.  Now I'm finding the combat is actually quite amazing once you get into it.  But you need to get past like level 20, up until then it's just a spam fest with no real tactics.  Age of Wushu & Archeage were both kind of the same way... the combat really sucked at first for me, but I kept at it, and in the end the combat was quite amazing.  

But hey, if you don't have the patience, or the want, to stick it out.  Better luck in your next mmo.  Cheers! :)

If you want to pwn in PvP archer and sorc end game are top in Korea.  The classes that are good early on start sucking end game - aka tamer ehm.

Tried out a archer last night and only got her up to 10 or 11 but the combat just felt wrong somehow. Wizard I am really digging and tamer is a close second.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited December 2015
    I think the game is pretty decent. World is lush and vibrant. I like after it rains everything is wet and puddles form. I do not mind the grindy nature to it. I like that kind of gameplay. Something feels a bit......off to me about the game. Not sure what it is. I have been enjoying it. Just something seems missing for me. Does not have that special feel I have gotten from some games that I have went on to play for some time and love.

Thats exactly how I felt after playing the Alpha Weekend. Something just felt off about it to me but when I started playing this beta it was not like that at all. Now I am really enjoying the game but this time I did try a new class and I like it much more than the class I played in the Alpha. 
    DMKano said:
    I think the game is pretty decent. World is lush and vibrant. I like after it rains everything is wet and puddles form. I do not mind the grindy nature to it. I like that kind of gameplay. Something feels a bit......off to me about the game. Not sure what it is. I have been enjoying it. Just something seems missing for me. Does not have that special feel I have gotten from some games that I have went on to play for some time and love.

Thats exactly how I felt after playing the Alpha Weekend. Something just felt off about it to me but when I started playing this beta it was not like that at all. Now I am really enjoying the game but this time I did try a new class and I like it much more than the class I played in the Alpha. 
    What class did you play in Alpha and what class are you playing now?

In the Alpha I played Giant and now I am playing Warrior. 
    I think class really has to speak to a player. I'm really liking Warrior and Wizard but lost interest in Archer and Sorceress. I have no interest in playing a giant.

I think it has to "flow" for a player as far as skills and attacks and defense.

So far I'm really loving this game. I just found out people can breed horses and donkeys (and catch them in the wild) and the higher the level of the animals the better chance of getting a better foal. 

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

When selecting new skills is it good to just choose anything or is it best to stick to certain skill trees? Will I have enough points to get everything or should I choose carefully? 
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    edited December 2015
    Good lord reading some of these posts by the themeparkers is making my head hurt.

Questing is not the point of a sandbox, its there when you have absolutely nothing else to do.
    Questing is not the point of a sandbox, its there when you have absolutely nothing else to do.

The reason why questing in games like BD and ArcheAge sucks is because

QUESTING IS NOT THE POINT OF A SANDBOX, IF YOU CAME INTO THESE GAMES TO QUEST YOU ARE PLAYING IT WRONG! THE DEVELOPERS PUT IN HALF ASS QUESTS TO GET YOU ALL WEANED INTO TRYING THE SANDBOX SYSTEMS!

Should it be made into a sign and glued to your foreheads?!

"But, but I like questing!"

FFXIV and WoW are -That way!!!-

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I'm enjoying Sorc. a lot. I feel like I'm playing Wolverine.

I do hope the other classes are added before release. At least a few.....
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    tats27 said:

Have you tried a wizard? If yes how do you feel they differ from each other
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Sovrath said:
    I think class really has to speak to a player. I'm really liking Warrior and Wizard but lost interest in Archer and Sorceress. I have no interest in playing a giant.

I think it has to "flow" for a player as far as skills and attacks and defense.

So far I'm really loving this game. I just found out people can breed horses and donkeys (and catch them in the wild) and the higher the level of the animals the better chance of getting a better foal. 

Instead of calling it a Giant how about tiny titan!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I played a Tamer for probably 10 hours or so so far. I can honestly say I am so bored of this game already :( While I was playing I was wishing I was playing my main game at the moment (which I started in beta in 2007.will let you guess which one heh). I am one of those bored mmo vets, nothing great has come out in a long time, will keep searching for my SWG replacement..if only DFO would do the TEF system instead of full loot.I did like exploring in darkfall online.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    The game is really , really boring to me. Couldn t get into it at all. Can t stand the combat, and the over the top animations look silly to me.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    tats27 said:

honestly i would enjoy a sorc but everyone i've talked to and all the forums i've read say the sorc is gimp at later levels......

but definitely, i would pick this class as my first choice class to roll because of the style.  but i'm tired of playing cool but squishy/gimp classes...

(and yes i'm sure a sorc is perfectly viable as long as you yadda yadda yadda. i've heard the everyone can beat anyone with any class and no class sucks as long as the user does blah blah)

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    2nd problem , Black Deserts combat is not fun , at all , it's grind over grind over grind.
    it's a solo grind, which makes the game pointless
    edited December 2015
    Waterlily said:
    2nd problem , Black Deserts combat is not fun , at all , it's grind over grind over grind.
         i actually dont mind a grind.  what i mind is a grind + making things take longer than they actually need to.  If you create a "grind mobs" game, then make picking up loot the click of a button.  make targetting said loot with a big target box or an "area target/loot all", not a find the small hitbox to pick up the loot.  or at least highlight the corpse.  well anyways grindfests are fine in my book, since I played daoc starting in 2001.  i think there should be minimal wasted time in between each mob kill (or at least the game designers should make the things that come before and after killing a mob more smooth and user friendly).

would be cool if an american company made a grind fest game so then it would have all the american style things i'm used to but with no quest hubs. 

ill keep playing cbt and try out a sorc.  see if i can shed 14 years of MMO habits and adjust to korean/asian UI & nuances.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
    edited December 2015
    time007 said:
    Waterlily said:
         i actually dont mind a grind.  what i mind is a grind + making things take longer than they actually need to.  If you create a "grind mobs" game, then make picking up loot the click of a button.  make targetting said loot with a big target box or an "area target/loot all", not a find the small hitbox to pick up the loot.  or at least highlight the corpse.  well anyways grindfests are fine in my book, since I played daoc starting in 2001.  i think there should be minimal wasted time in between each mob kill (or at least the game designers should make the things that come before and after killing a mob more smooth and user friendly).

would be cool if an american company made a grind fest game so then it would have all the american style things i'm used to but with no quest hubs. 

ill keep playing cbt and try out a sorc.  see if i can shed 14 years of MMO habits and adjust to korean/asian UI & nuances.  
    Except there is a pvp portion to the game so picking up your loot "one at a time" has a greater sense of urgency and makes it so that you might not get everything before you have to fight/defend it.

Because, I thought the same thing, "why isn't there an auto loot or mass loot" and then I realized as I was picking up my spoils that while I'm doing that, someone might be sneaking up on me at the higher levels.

I'll also add that I LOVE that it is a grind. It is a shame that there doesn't seem to be group content though. While I mostly solo I do enjoy grouping from time to time.

edited December 2015
    another issue is, with each new character you create, you have to reset all your hotkey settings and set them up again from scratch.

also if you change your skills, it will still prompt you on the screen to press what the original key was.  so it says, press R every dang time, but you have remapped it to E so its another annoying thing.  so you have to trick your mind to ignore the UI prompts. 

I fixed the graphics so yeah it looks great, if only it wasn't so annoying....

EDIT:  love the sorc!!!!! its fun.  lets hope it truly isn't a squishy gimp class at pvp..

.... well you can't click other players.  that would make it too easy to invite them to your group or talk to them.

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited December 2015
    Korean developers simply don't know how to design games.  They don't have a Nintendo or Quantic Dream or Blizzard.

They release a large MMO each year, Aion, Tera, ArcheAge, Black Desert. All are mediocre games.

Korea sort of got rolled into gaming because the Korean government promoted tech by giving massive subsidies to Samsung and LG, and from that tech bubble, you got some game studios that focus solely on MMO.

Korea game developers have the programmers, the 3D designers, the budget.

What they don't have is good game designers, they tend to take elements from Western games, and mish-mash them together. They don't truly understand game design.