Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom Enters Agreement with Conan Properties - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Kr3sen said:
    Dorrian said:
    I remember AoC being the MMO that drove everyone into upgrading there PC's. That game was brutal to run at launch. But I had ton of fun playing it!

I would go back in a heartbeat if they changed that horrible combat system.

Amen, the "combo system" what were they smoking over there, such great art work / characters / voice overs, dungeons were a blast, then there was the combo system.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    H0urg1ass said:
    Po_gg said:
    Awesome. (Where's the previous site-engine's drooling smiley? :p )
    I usually agree with you on most things AoC, so don't take this personal, but I have to disagree with you here.  [...]
    Yep, we're mostly on the same side rooting for AoC, alongside with bcbully :waving:  and I somewhat share your negative feelings, since this announcement has barely anything to do with AoC - except maybe some additional money or resources they will get on the side.

(It was directly said in their post yesterday: "[...] The development of the new Conan game will not interrupt any development on Age of Conan.
    The new project will be produced by a different team within Funcom; the current development of Age of Conan will not be impacted. [...] "  and the boldened "will not" is not my highlight, it's in the original post)

So yep, most likely AoC will be on a similar route as it was in the last few years. But I'm still happy for a new game, since I love the IP :wink: Funcom still can make great games, or at least I hope they can...

And they're working on AoC too... from the same post mentioned above:
    "[...] We are evaluating our membership system at a fundamental level, working to increase overall convenience and accessibility for rookies and veterans alike--including Khitai access for owners of RotGS.  We hear you! "
    Since that's the dumbest restriction in freemium / f2p history, it's a good thing they can hear :wink: . I'll still subscribe when I go back for some play (since I sub for the Trader slots on the multiple characters, not for Grindslayer, I'm not a Khitai fan), but it will be a great news for a lot of people. Sub-only Khitai was a big complaining source on many places.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    If only the whole game was as fun as Tortage to play.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Quazal.A said:
    I think if they decided to go down the Conan MMO route again (upto date AoC woudl be awesome) all i hope is what ever game they make they learn from the serious balls up in the release of the AoC, the fact that even to this day this game still betters 90% of mmo for graphic, scene and combat sums up fact they had a massive hit on their hands, but being rushed out (about 3-6months too early) destroyed it....
    Sad really because to this day i still pop back, but brings tear to eye to see the desolation of what it could have been

Octagon7711 said:

Couldn't agree more. Age of Conan had amazing music, amazing settings, amazing graphics, amazing combat, and nowhere even in the REALM of enough combat. And as such it flopped, hard. It could have been SO AMAZING.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Just don't expect any Conan MMO any time soon

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

If I told you the number of times I played through Tortage on different classes to experience all the story lines over and over you probabaly wouldn't believe me.  My guess is well over 50 times.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Po_gg said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    Po_gg said:
    Awesome. (Where's the previous site-engine's drooling smiley? :p )
    I usually agree with you on most things AoC, so don't take this personal, but I have to disagree with you here.  [...]

So yep, most likely AoC will be on a similar route as it was in the last few years. But I'm still happy for a new game, since I love the IP :wink: Funcom still can make great games, or at least I hope they can...

This is definitely true, they can make good games when they try.  I just wish they'd follow them up with an acceptable level of support.

I'm also a bit excited for a Conan single player game.  Especially if it's anything like Witcher 3, but far more grim, dark and gory.  I think I just peed a little.

But it is!  Especially if you play with friends.  Khitai 6 mans and end game raiding are really fun experiences.  It's why I'm still subscribed eight years later.  The people that I've met have been outstanding.  The only upside to a dead game is that only the people who truly love it are still there, and that makes a big difference.