Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

leveling - will it ever improve?

cprikcprik Member UncommonPosts: 38
I'm curious how much longer blizzard will ignore the fact that the experience of everything up until the relevant expac stuff is complete dogshit and no one appreciates it. all the long way up to 90 ( soon it will be 100) leveling is a broken mess. they have continued to build on the same system that worked when the cap was 60/70, but just gets worse and worse with each expansion. its obvious that they actually want to ignore everything they have ever done before the current patch by selling boosts, so you can just skip all the bad stuff. theres just so much lost potential, and they could easily make ALL the content in wow relevant regardless of level. 
i feel this is very sad. when games like GW2 or ESO have solid leveling mechanics that fulfills its purpose: preparing the player for endgame. 
wow absolutely can do something similar, and with an equally good leveling experience this game would grow so much stronger. 
i just fear that they will never adress this issue because they feel the demand isn't there, or they just don't really care about making the game good anymore..

what do you guys think?

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    No.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Where i stand it sure looks like Blizzard admits their game design is bad,that is why you get a free 90.

I don't play that crappy design,i'll play FFXi till i die if nobody can get away from linear questing.

I play a MMO to play MY way ,my game,i don't login and pay extra to play follow the yellow markers around,i can get that in any single player game.

To me yellow markers are a slap in the face "hey dummy,yeah you,come over here,you can't see this yellow marker?"
    .Never mind the reason,you can pretty much eliminate the npc,you don't even need him and in many cases they are removed for some questing  board lmao.Just slap some yellow markers around and call it a connect the dots  game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Did you start playing WoW in Cata? The leveling experience is quite a bit "improved" over the original formula. The only real exception to an ever changing process is arguably TBC content, which has gotten very little love over the years. 

I don't see how finishing 1,000 kill/fetch quests is not preparing you for 1,000 more kill/fetch quests. PvP to learn PvP. Run dungeons to learn dungeon gameplay. Most dungeons/raids have been altered over the years to be more consistent.

As far as relevance goes, I can think of few MMO's (GW off the top of my head) that had low-level relevant questing. It's all just a time-consuming vehicle to get from point A to point B.