Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SC Version 2.0.0 LIVE today!

2

Comments

  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,497
    Phry said:

    Don't foget that a lot of the hate is purely to get a rise out of people. They don't care about the game, the decisions being made etc, the haters couldn't care less whether the game succeeds or fails, it's only reactions they're interested in.
    Are valid arguments Hate? or is it that the inability to put together a counter argument is too hard to achieve with such a dearth of resources to build one upon.
    Without something to use as a counter argument then complaining about argued criticism is much akin to admitting that its both accepted and accurate.

    Couldn't agree more. It's certainly very easy to whitewash any and all criticism as 'hate' which is completely non-productive.
    But I do think a lot of people jump on the bandwagon (probably from both sides) because they see how easy it is to get a rise out of people.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    edited December 2015
    To all my fellow backers .. if you like, download the Alpha .. try it ... find bugs ... send in bug reports .... lets make it better! Experience from PTU - Alpha testing can be frustrating at times, but on the other hand there are some "Hell, YEAH !" moments that make it worthwhile. If you expect a full game - wait for Beta, SQ42  or PU launch day.


    Have fun

    PS: Do not forget !
    >>>It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.>>>>

    Post edited by Erillion on
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    well they´ve really pulled it off, this is a revolution and Alpha2 proves it´s possible and the handful of  doubters are now really looking stupid.

    so much for the impossible game. I got it right on my SSD and played it for two hours, ended with a crash report (after all it´s alpha) but it´s mindblowing. So much sandbox, so much freedom for your character, and this is just the beginning of putting it all together, now that the core tech is in place. 2016 will be full steam ahead on new stuff, stability, putting all the content in and tweaking it until it´s done.  A game worth waiting for.

    personal projection is 12 months until release of Squadron 42 campaign
    24 months until release of the full persistent universe


  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    DocBrody said:
    well they´ve really pulled it off, this is a revolution and Alpha2 proves it´s possible and the handful of  doubters are now really looking stupid.

    so much for the impossible game. I got it right on my SSD and played it for two hours, ended with a crash report (after all it´s alpha) but it´s mindblowing. So much sandbox, so much freedom for your character, and this is just the beginning of putting it all together, now that the core tech is in place. 2016 will be full steam ahead on new stuff, stability, putting all the content in and tweaking it until it´s done.  A game worth waiting for.

    personal projection is 12 months until release of Squadron 42 campaign
    24 months until release of the full persistent universe



    What is making it sandbox?  Can you create stations and buy/sell from them?  Can you capture stuff or steal npc ships?  Sorry I'm a noob about this game.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    This is a HUGE step forward. 
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Finished downloading on my new SSD last night and today i played for 3 hours. Had one crash about 1 hour into the session, the rest was very smooth.

    It is nice to see a such an ambitious project you backed from the very beginning taking shape and coming along nicely. As for the haters, please continue providing us with comedy moments.

    NOTE: if you have the option for an SSD then do install SC on such a disk. The performance gap between an SSD and a HDD is beyond colossal.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    filmoret said:
    DocBrody said:
    well they´ve really pulled it off, this is a revolution and Alpha2 proves it´s possible and the handful of  doubters are now really looking stupid.

    so much for the impossible game. I got it right on my SSD and played it for two hours, ended with a crash report (after all it´s alpha) but it´s mindblowing. So much sandbox, so much freedom for your character, and this is just the beginning of putting it all together, now that the core tech is in place. 2016 will be full steam ahead on new stuff, stability, putting all the content in and tweaking it until it´s done.  A game worth waiting for.

    personal projection is 12 months until release of Squadron 42 campaign
    24 months until release of the full persistent universe



    What is making it sandbox?  Can you create stations and buy/sell from them?  Can you capture stuff or steal npc ships?  Sorry I'm a noob about this game.
    Ehhhhh, yes lots of freedom.  This is open world.  Noooo, not a sandbox.  Players have control over almost nothing except where they go and what they do.

    It's an open world, not an open world sandbox.

    Witcher 3 and Mass Effect were both fantastic open world games.  Neither of them were sandboxes.  Not knocking on SC, just pointing this out.  I'm a huge fan of open world games such as the Witcher series, and I plan on playing SC when it is fully launched with all promised features five to ten years from now.

    Also a player poll was conducted on the SC forums back in April where a player asked people if they wanted SC to be more of a sandbox and 86% of respondents said no.  So even the SC backers are saying that they want an open world game with NPC controlled everything else.

    Roberts himself calls the game a "First Person Universe".  So even he admits it's not a sandbox.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    filmoret said:
    What is making it sandbox?  Can you create stations and buy/sell from them?  Can you capture stuff or steal npc ships?  Sorry I'm a noob about this game.
    In the Persistent Universe Mulitplayer game you will be able to:

    a) conquer stations  (no building them as in EVE ... yet)
    b) you can craft, buy and sell
    c) you can capture ships and stations
    d) you can board and/or steal player ships (not sure about NPC ships)

    in the solo game Squadron 42 you are part of the military and have a very focussed cinematic storyline.

    It has elements of a sandbox, but is not a free players-create-all sandbox.


    Have fun
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Found this interesting, the count of subs is actually the count of ships bought.

    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3194283/#Comment_3194283

    People are asking for a "letter from the chairman" about this. 

    So it starts.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited December 2015
    Brenics said:
    Found this interesting, the count of subs is actually the count of ships bought.

    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3194283/#Comment_3194283

    People are asking for a "letter from the chairman" about this. 

    So it starts.
    So, you posted a link to a 15 month old thread with the last post dating back to November 2014.

    Proving or trying to prove what exactly ? What is starting ?
  • DeathmachinePTDeathmachinePT Member UncommonPosts: 119
    edited December 2015
    DocBrody said:
    well they´ve really pulled it off, this is a revolution and Alpha2 proves it´s possible and the handful of  doubters are now really looking stupid.

    so much for the impossible game. I got it right on my SSD and played it for two hours, ended with a crash report (after all it´s alpha) but it´s mindblowing. So much sandbox, so much freedom for your character, and this is just the beginning of putting it all together, now that the core tech is in place. 2016 will be full steam ahead on new stuff, stability, putting all the content in and tweaking it until it´s done.  A game worth waiting for.

    personal projection is 12 months until release of Squadron 42 campaign
    24 months until release of the full persistent universe


    Hmm 12months seems too much for what I have read should be around the summer they finished motion capture was already all done months before citizen con and where already making SQ42 gameplay with a older version of the star citizen client, so this means SQ42 was not depended of ALPHA 2.0 at least was what I read.
    As for PTU you should have a significant portion by the end of 2016.

    ASROCK Z97 E-ITX 
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz+KrakenX41
    Gigabyte 1070 8GB Mini OC
    16GB Crucial 1333mhz 1.3V
    SWG 8 Year Vet, WW2OL 8 Year Vet.
    Aka Darksparrow Rancorheart(tempest/farstar), Fxmkorp

  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:
    Found this interesting, the count of subs is actually the count of ships bought.

    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3194283/#Comment_3194283

    People are asking for a "letter from the chairman" about this. 

    So it starts.
    So, you posted a link to a 15 month old thread.

    Proving or trying to prove what exactly ?
    Nov 23rd and still have nothing from chairman about it.

    Also I it is awesome we finally found out how many licks to get to center of tootsie roll. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Brenics said:
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:
    Found this interesting, the count of subs is actually the count of ships bought.

    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3194283/#Comment_3194283

    People are asking for a "letter from the chairman" about this. 

    So it starts.
    So, you posted a link to a 15 month old thread.

    Proving or trying to prove what exactly ?
    Nov 23rd and still have nothing from chairman about it.

    Also I it is awesome we finally found out how many licks to get to center of tootsie roll. 
    It's a thread created on August 2014 with sparse posts going till Nov. 2014. Someone necroed it one year later followed by 3 replies / posts.

    My question still stands: what are you trying to prove, what is starting ?
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    You have to differentiate between "Star Citizens" (fans that made an account at the CIG homepage, but not necessarily have yet paid real life money for Star Citizen) and "Backers" (people that bought a pledge package at 20 $ or more, owning at least one ship).

    Currently there are 1,083,102 "Star Citizens".

    It is not accurately known how many "Backers" there are. My personal guess is around half a million, owning 837.970 ships (the "UEE Fleet"). Of those backers i know, about 1/3 have more then one ship (usually one multiplayer ship like the Constellation and one single seater fighter craft that is also used for racing like the Mustang or M50 // Leaders of organisations (=player guilds) often have significantly more ships and/or a capital ship used as Org HQ). 


    Have fun
  • DirtyDozenDirtyDozen Member RarePosts: 388
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:
    Found this interesting, the count of subs is actually the count of ships bought.

    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3194283/#Comment_3194283

    People are asking for a "letter from the chairman" about this. 

    So it starts.
    So, you posted a link to a 15 month old thread.

    Proving or trying to prove what exactly ?
    Nov 23rd and still have nothing from chairman about it.

    Also I it is awesome we finally found out how many licks to get to center of tootsie roll. 
    It's a thread created on August 2014 with sparse posts going till Nov. 2014. Someone necroed it one year later followed by 3 replies / posts.

    My question still stands: what are you trying to prove, what is starting ?

    You know, the fulfillment of the Derek Smart prophecy!  Brenics is a known Smartian and follows his every word.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:
    Found this interesting, the count of subs is actually the count of ships bought.

    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3194283/#Comment_3194283

    People are asking for a "letter from the chairman" about this. 

    So it starts.
    So, you posted a link to a 15 month old thread.

    Proving or trying to prove what exactly ?
    Nov 23rd and still have nothing from chairman about it.

    Also I it is awesome we finally found out how many licks to get to center of tootsie roll. 
    It's a thread created on August 2014 with sparse posts going till Nov. 2014. Someone necroed it one year later followed by 3 replies / posts.

    My question still stands: what are you trying to prove, what is starting ?

    You know, the fulfillment of the Derek Smart prophecy!  Brenics is a known Smartian and follows his every word.
    Sorry guys if I posted something you didn't like. Yet what ever CR says you guys take as truth...so I guess it goes both ways right?
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Brenics said:

    Sorry guys if I posted something you didn't like. Yet what ever CR says you guys take as truth...so I guess it goes both ways right?
    I can't say if i like your post or not because it is incoherent and makes no sense at all.

    Maybe if you finally decide to enlighten us with an answer regarding what exactly is starting in correlation to the 1 + year old necroed thread you linked ?
  • DirtyDozenDirtyDozen Member RarePosts: 388
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:

    Sorry guys if I posted something you didn't like. Yet what ever CR says you guys take as truth...so I guess it goes both ways right?
    I can't say if i like your post or not because it is incoherent and makes no sense at all.

    Maybe if you finally decide to enlighten us with an answer regarding what exactly is starting in correlation to the 1 + year old necroed thread you linked ?

    I agree, we need to know what exactly is starting.  So Brenics, could you please answer so we can clear this up?  Maybe I actually agree with you, you never know.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Let me say it this way then, they asked for clarification on the total numbers, it really doesn't matter if it is from 2014, 2013, or even 2012. What it does show is CR never responded to this. Which at least to me there is no clear indication if he was making up the numbers back then so they could get more funds and is still making up the numbers for receiving more funds. if you really look at the site with an open mind the site is nothing more than an attempt to get more money. Really does not look like a site that is putting the game(s) first, but a non ending money grab. 

    They would have more credibility if they at least showed exactly where every penny has been going for the game(s). If you watch a lot of the video's I see a lot of cash has been going to a lot of top dollar furniture  that they clearly do not need to make the game(s). But then it is their money once they get it so throwing money away on stuff that was never really needed is their business I guess. 


    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited December 2015
    Brenics said:
    Let me say it this way then, they asked for clarification on the total numbers, it really doesn't matter if it is from 2014, 2013, or even 2012. What it does show is CR never responded to this. Which at least to me there is no clear indication if he was making up the numbers back then so they could get more funds and is still making up the numbers for receiving more funds. if you really look at the site with an open mind the site is nothing more than an attempt to get more money. Really does not look like a site that is putting the game(s) first, but a non ending money grab. 

    They would have more credibility if they at least showed exactly where every penny has been going for the game(s). If you watch a lot of the video's I see a lot of cash has been going to a lot of top dollar furniture  that they clearly do not need to make the game(s). But then it is their money once they get it so throwing money away on stuff that was never really needed is their business I guess. 


    We've been through this numerous times but for some reasons beyond my comprehension you won't let it go.

    - They are not obliged to inform you about "exactly where every penny has been going..". Point us  towards one KS project doing this.

    - Of the numerous, 10 or 12, KS projects i've backed SC is by far the most open regarding the development process and status.  

    - After playing 3+ hours SC 2.0 i know exactly where my euros have gone to.

    - "spending money on top dollar furniture"... is this really your argument ? I won't ask you to elaborate on this but if you have some info then by all means, do it.
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    edited December 2015
    Brenics said:


    They would have more credibility if they at least showed exactly where every penny has been going for the game(s). If you watch a lot of the video's I see a lot of cash has been going to a lot of top dollar furniture  that they clearly do not need to make the game(s). But then it is their money once they get it so throwing money away on stuff that was never really needed is their business I guess. 


    Not really.
    It would cost resources to collect and publish such a report.
    Then people who have no idea of the cost of running a business would pick apart every expenditure.

    What your asking for is more fuel for financially ignorant self proclaimed know it all types to use in their fires.
    The sort of people who complain about people buying furniture for their offices....
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    "Congrats, you managed to not mess up a release when you have dozens of millions of dollars in funding, and no time constraints."

    Anything less than a great launch is unacceptable.  If they actually pull it off despite everything, then it's not even a newsworthy event.

    I don't praise a waiter for successfully bringing a drink to my table without spilling it, either.
    He didn't have dozens of millions of dollars in funding. You can't just tell half the story. If this game delivers, it would become a major milestone in the history of game development and crowdfunding projects. They didn't have anything but an idea and their reputation - not millions. Them gaining dozens of millions in funding is part of their accomplishment.

    SC might not be a good game, I myself can't render an opinion until I've played the final product and I haven't had the time to try out this Alpha neither. But putting the success of this project in the line of a waiter delivering a drink to your table without spilling is plain ignorance. 

    This industry is filled with AAA titles with same or even more budget that have failed hard in the past 10 years. It's not like everyone's pumping a mediocre release every season. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:
    Let me say it this way then, they asked for clarification on the total numbers, it really doesn't matter if it is from 2014, 2013, or even 2012. What it does show is CR never responded to this. Which at least to me there is no clear indication if he was making up the numbers back then so they could get more funds and is still making up the numbers for receiving more funds. if you really look at the site with an open mind the site is nothing more than an attempt to get more money. Really does not look like a site that is putting the game(s) first, but a non ending money grab. 

    They would have more credibility if they at least showed exactly where every penny has been going for the game(s). If you watch a lot of the video's I see a lot of cash has been going to a lot of top dollar furniture  that they clearly do not need to make the game(s). But then it is their money once they get it so throwing money away on stuff that was never really needed is their business I guess. 


    We've been through this numerous times but for some reasons beyond my comprehension you won't let it go.

    - They are not obliged to inform you about "exactly where every penny has been going..". Point us  towards one KS project doing this.

    - Of the numerous, 10 or 12, KS projects i've backed SC is by far the most open regarding the development process and status.  

    - After playing 3+ hours SC 2.0 i know exactly where my euros have gone to.

    - "spending money on top dollar furniture"... is this really your argument ? I won't ask you to elaborate on this but if you have some info then by all means, do it.
    You are right we have been through this a numbers of times, that is your opinion and not mine. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Brenics said:
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:


    We've been through this numerous times but for some reasons beyond my comprehension you won't let it go.

    - They are not obliged to inform you about "exactly where every penny has been going..". Point us  towards one KS project doing this.  -->Not Opinion it is a fact. 

    - Of the numerous, 10 or 12, KS projects i've backed SC is by far the most open regarding the development process and status.   ---> Subjective to his experiences true but if he is truthful, not opinion.

    - After playing 3+ hours SC 2.0 i know exactly where my euros have gone to. ---> Opinion

    - "spending money on top dollar furniture"... is this really your argument ? I won't ask you to elaborate on this but if you have some info then by all means, do it. ---> Opinion as well but it was yours not his. So yah you are wrong that was YOUR opinion.
    You are right we have been through this a numbers of times, that is your opinion and not mine. 
    so...um...yah
  • JohnxboyJohnxboy Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Brenics said:
    Shodanas said:
    Brenics said:
    Let me say it this way then, they asked for clarification on the total numbers, it really doesn't matter if it is from 2014, 2013, or even 2012. What it does show is CR never responded to this. Which at least to me there is no clear indication if he was making up the numbers back then so they could get more funds and is still making up the numbers for receiving more funds. if you really look at the site with an open mind the site is nothing more than an attempt to get more money. Really does not look like a site that is putting the game(s) first, but a non ending money grab. 

    They would have more credibility if they at least showed exactly where every penny has been going for the game(s). If you watch a lot of the video's I see a lot of cash has been going to a lot of top dollar furniture  that they clearly do not need to make the game(s). But then it is their money once they get it so throwing money away on stuff that was never really needed is their business I guess. 


    We've been through this numerous times but for some reasons beyond my comprehension you won't let it go.

    - They are not obliged to inform you about "exactly where every penny has been going..". Point us  towards one KS project doing this.

    - Of the numerous, 10 or 12, KS projects i've backed SC is by far the most open regarding the development process and status.  

    - After playing 3+ hours SC 2.0 i know exactly where my euros have gone to.

    - "spending money on top dollar furniture"... is this really your argument ? I won't ask you to elaborate on this but if you have some info then by all means, do it.
    You are right we have been through this a numbers of times, that is your opinion and not mine. 
    Brenics you're the greatest troll there ever was. Either that or you're seriously fucking stupid. "top dollar furniture", fucking priceless.
This discussion has been closed.