Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems

GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,307
edited December 2015 in Lord of the Rings Online
I really can't play LoTR:O. I REALLY do want to, but it server timeouts SO OFTEN! It's simply unplayable.

Ah fuck my luck! And is such a nice game. Ah well...I quit and deleted my characters. I won't waste my nerves on broken shit.

Comments

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,307
    So, nothing? A guy has troubles staying connected and nothing? I am just looking for help...
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Perhaps asking for support through official channels is a better solution.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Not sure how to help you, never had problems with the game. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,102

The game doesn't have any connections problems per say so lets look on your end.  Are you playing on a hard wired network or are you using a wireless connection.

Are you using cable modem, DSL, or some other connection means?

Is this the only MMO you play?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,607
    In the last few days i have all of a sudden got some bad internet connections and my PC is virus clean.I get boot from Hearthstone pretty much every second or third game now and other games are booting me out as well.
    So i don't know what is going on,possible ip is throttling the bandwidth,could be a bottleneck in the internet hops.
    I would check a traceroute connection to the actual server IP or even to their website for starters.

One thing i noticed when i was trying to play the game was the download was incredibly slow,i would say so slow i could easily see it timing out somewhere along the way.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,264
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqNgyKWT5Y0

Did a search and this video deals with this issue hope it helps.

edited December 2015
    kitarad said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqNgyKWT5Y0

Did a search and this video deals with this issue hope it helps.
    This is not it. I am pretty certain that my connection does not time out. It simply won't connect at times and sometimes even during the playing.

And it's only LoTR:O that has this odd behaviour. EU EN RP server(Laurelin I think).

edit: maybe it's because I launch it through Steam? Maybe background uTorrent causes connection drop outs. uTorrent isn't active afaik, but some service of it could be running in the background, ofc.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member RarePosts: 4,802
    Just played around on Laurelin a bit (that's the RP here) and worked flawlessly. I agree with Daakkon above, contact Support. They can check the trace and maybe find where the issue is. Probably one of the ISPs along the route changed something...
    Po_gg said:
    Just played around on Laurelin a bit (that's the RP here) and worked flawlessly. I agree with Daakkon above, contact Support. They can check the trace and maybe find where the issue is. Probably one of the ISPs along the route changed something...
    Probably the ISP called TeliaSonera. Really fk those con artists!

I'll recreate my characters(had like 2 hours on each / 4 characters) and note everything odd. Then if the server derp comes again, I'll just contact the support.
    Yep, no lag or disconnects yesterday on Laurelin, just cold :wink:  http://postimg.org/image/k37zfa46v/
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I haven't seen any connection problems pretty much ever (I'm on Landroval).

PS Winter festival is due to start again, yay!
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,079
    Have a bit of patience. The EU servers will be relocated to Amsterdam in Q1 2016.

The idea that Steam might be the problem is not true. I've played LotRo for 1500+ hours of which 250 through Steam and not a single problem here. I'm pretty sure that it's a problem on your end of the line and not the server, be it too many connects before you hit the LotRo servers (ISP problem), your local wiring being defective or even your modem having problems (did you already turn it off/on?).

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD FX-8350 ~4.0Ghz
    32Gb DDR3 1600Mhz (GEiL/Corsair)
    MSI GTX970 GAMING 4Gb + 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

Reizla said:
    Have a bit of patience. The EU servers will be relocated to Amsterdam in Q1 2016.

The idea that Steam might be the problem is not true. I've played LotRo for 1500+ hours of which 250 through Steam and not a single problem here. I'm pretty sure that it's a problem on your end of the line and not the server, be it too many connects before you hit the LotRo servers (ISP problem), your local wiring being defective or even your modem having problems (did you already turn it off/on?).
    Reizla said:

No, it's only with LoTR:O. Tbh, if it wasn't a LoTR game, I would've just quit. It looks like this: My character gets frozen out of a sudden as if there were a huge lag spike. But, get these kicks! I can still chat and it takes the game something like 2 minutes to kick me out. I just can't move or take an action. After that, I get kicjed out to a black screen with the message: "Your connection with the server has been lost. QUIT" WTF?
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    Wow, sorry to hear that. I've not had any trouble though lag at times is unreal. But that's always been the case...
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Po_gg said:
    Yep, no lag or disconnects yesterday on Laurelin, just cold :wink:  http://postimg.org/image/k37zfa46v/
    Remind me not to open your screenshots with my wife sitting next to me...
    Po_gg said:
    How so, she doesn't like hobbits? :wink: (or oliphaunts / ice / Forochel nights)

Gorwe said:
    [...] and it takes the game something like 2 minutes to kick me out. I just can't move or take an action. After that, I get kicjed out to a black screen with the message: "Your connection with the server has been lost. QUIT" WTF?
    Just a wild guess, but check your firewall, isn't it blocking awesominum by chance? Since the store upgrade it's much more "intrusive", I mean in the background. Before the upgrade it was only needed for the store when you opened it, post upgrade it's active all the time as soon as you log in to a character.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,607
    I did a trace route yesterday and right soon i hit Turbine server it went from 80ms to more than 1000.
    So it seems they are simply overloaded right at the server or some networking problems on their side.

Just now i checked again and i get approx same times except again right at the server i get 1200 ping. 28 hops in total.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    I did a trace route yesterday and right soon i hit Turbine server it went from 80ms to more than 1000.
    So it seems they are simply overloaded right at the server or some networking problems on their side.

Just now i checked again and i get approx same times except again right at the server i get 1200 ping. 28 hops in total.

Hm?

So it IS on their side! The best example of technical aptitude of Turbine is the very fact that you CAN'T move their launcher. When you right click on the icon in the toolbar...surprise! And you can't Shift+m either. Jolly me!
    I get a consistent 100-120ms ping from Europe to Turbine's servers, so I don't think there's anything wrong with their service. There could be intermittent network issues, of course.
    edited December 2015
    Gorwe said:
    Hm?

So it IS on their side! The best example of technical aptitude of Turbine is the very fact that you CAN'T move their launcher. When you right click on the icon in the toolbar...surprise! And you can't Shift+m either. Jolly me!
    You can move the launcher...
    Athisar said:
    Gorwe said:
    Hm?

You can move the launcher...
    If you see it. I had my desktop set up so the real monitor showed up on DVI and the virtual one on HDMI. Otherwise, my computer would break on videos. And LoTR:O launcher went *somewhere*(it wasn't on either screen) because I started Starcraft I(800x600 resolution) which usually relocates currently open windows to the virtual monitor. And the right click gave me(on win7): LoTR:O launcher(select / open it), attach to the toolbar(for the icon) and close.

Heh :awesome: .
    Po_gg said:
    Po_gg said:
    How so, she doesn't like hobbits? :wink: (or oliphaunts / ice / Forochel nights)
    ... and a bit more Forochel fun (the second half / credits part)  :wink: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2SqbQAFxo
    Merry Yule, folks!
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,646
    Wizardry said:

It seems you don't understand how ICMP works

Routers don't prioritize ICMP traffic so the middle hops of high latency don't matter - look at the last hop that is NOT a router - what is your latency to that? 

Example if your last non router hop is 80ms that is your actual end to end latency, the stuff in the middle could be reported by routers as crazy high latency - because they don't prioritize ICMP packets, so it doesn't matter. 

I just decided to wait until EU servers. If I am to give myself in fully, I expect functional, as low as possible ping severs.

Do it right or don't do it at all :pleased: 
  • Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    edited May 2016
    Turbine has taken Funcoms notebook and refuse to acknowldge their game is not built well. I've played LotrO for 9 nine year acrossed 4 different computers. The only computer that the game ran wellon was a pentium 4 processor. The 3 AMD computers I've build ranging from an Athlon || , AMD Bulldozer, and the AMD FX 8350 have all had the same consistent hitching. I've had 3 different video cards ranging from 8800GT , ATI5850, and currently 7870's in X fire, all have the same hitching. I've also ran the game off a sold state and it still hitches.

I've spent weeks talking to AMD and their conclussion as mine, the game was not optimized for AMD hardware. Ranging from Video, ram and cpu.

My machine is a beast, and LotrO runs like Vanguard 2007 release. it is that nnoyingly bad.  If you are using AMD cpu, you may run into issues, you may not, my experience over 9 years has be the same poor performance no matter what I throw at the game. P4 with agp nvidia card / 512meg and 1gig of ram, no hitching.

I will be blogging about Turbine later in the year, because I've not even started with how frustrated I'm at with them.
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia