Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favourite WOW class specs...

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
here is my top 10...  For the current version of the classes

1. Protection warrior
2. Protection paladin
3. Rejuvenation druid
4. Enhancement Shaman
5. Brewmaster Monk
6. Blood deathknight
7. Holy priest
8. Demonology Warlock
9. Combat Rogue
10. Beastmaster Hunter
(no room for frostmage)

i am also interested in yours, i find the diversity between classes quite nice in current WoD,..

alltime top 3.....

1. vanilla Druid
2. MoP Mistweaver Monk
3. Protection Warrior

anyone care to share his favourites?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    all-time

Vanilla Surv Hunter
    TBC Prot Pally
    WOTLK Enhance Sham

current is affliction Lock since its the only DPS that can guarantee a spot in RBGS

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    edited December 2015
    In Vanilla, I was one of those idjits trying to hammer something useful out of warlocks (who would remain broken well into BC).
    Messing around with hunters and pallys for most of BC, as I recall.
    Bubble priest. For one brief, shining moment during first half of WotLK, up through Arthas. After the nerf, not so much...back to Shadow.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Fury Warrior

Ret Pally

Feral Druid

Frost Mage

BM Hunter

Demo Lock

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Destro lock
    ret pally
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    I loved the DK when it came out, cant remember my exact spec, but was generally blood.

But all time was simple

1 - Resto shammy - The day they screwed shammy was the day i really stopped
    2 - BM Huntard - The perfect spec for grinding mats 
    3 - Frost Mage - Just fun AoE :)

Cant really comment too much about new specs, mine are all older..

On this note ill show how leet i was at pvp

(yes that is me) take 2 mins and have a giggle

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Shadow Priest
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Holy Pala.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Destro warlock.

Used to prefer demo, but Blizzard nerfed it into oblivion, making it unplayable.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    edited December 2015
    My WotLK Prot Warrior was probably my favorite class to PVP with in WoW. Being able to 1 vs 5 and just not die was hella fun.  The most challenging, but rewarding PVP class though was my Vanilla Marksmen Hunter.  Of course being an Engineer and non-raider made my Hunter a very poor and penny-less character.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Boomkin druid.   Always the boomkin druid...

If I ever go back to playing again I'll probably play something else for a while since all I did for years was play druid, and that got rather tiresome after a while.  I'd also probably make a triumphant return to the alliance side after going to horde thanks to not being able to find any guilds alliance side that wanted a dps back in the day.  Worst... mistake... ever...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• StarplanStarplan Member UncommonPosts: 19
    2. Protection paladin
    7. Holy priest
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    MM Hunter(for dps)/BM Hunter(cause pet collecting)
    Combat Rogue for lyfe
    Resto Druid healing is laid back
    Fury Warrior is best warrior.
    Enhancement Shaman = battle mage

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I liked most the older spec when back in the days then the new ones for my pally.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Prot Warrior
    Gladiator Warrior
    Blood DK
    Demo Lock
    BM Hunter
  • Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323
    I'll just do it by expansion since the game changes so drastically with each one. I will have a few ties.

Vanilla) Shadow Priest

BC) Prot Pally / Shadow Priest

Wotlk) Demonlock / Ret Pally

Cata) Feral/Guardian Druid

MoP) Didn't really play in MoP but maybe 2 months, so I guess Resto Druid?

WoD) Didn't really play WoD but maybe 2 months as well, so Resto Druid and sadly... Ele Shammy, as horrible as they are, still a fun class.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Van:  Combat Rogue
    TBC:  Still played the Rogue as my main, but had Holy Pal
    Wotlk:  Still played the Rogue as main but with spec I can't remember.  Pal converted to Ret.
    The rest:   Not playing wow.

I must admit I had a ton of alts.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Frost DK
    Guardian Druid
    Prot Pally

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Destro Lock

I was destro lock from day one and still am. Loyal to the end. ;-)

• wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Elemental Mage in BC - Too bad this was so short lived. Shatter fire spec was fun.
    Fury Warrior - Spinny ball of metal and death.
    Prot Warrior - Big ball of "lol nice try rogue."

• Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Last time I played, which was a while ago...
    Enhance shaman and windwalker monk, in vanilla I really enjoyed markmen hunter and resto druid.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I liked so many classes and speccs over my years of playing that i really can't think of an all time favorite one. I discovered the fun of healing later on, so  holy priest, resto druid and resto shaman should come first.

That is one thing Blizzard got right about the classes, WoW had something for everyone.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Affliction Warlock
    Survival Hunter
    Protection Pally
    Feral Druid
    Resto Shaman
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Original Unholy DK, when they could still Dual Wield. Some of my favorite times was pulling ridiculous DPS in Naxx with that build. I still have loved Unholy throughout the time I played WoW, but I miss the looseness to the original design of the DK trees. Blood DPS was also quite a bit of fun.

Elementalist Shaman. Even though the spec hasn't always worked well, after the advent of elemental overload and spamable chain lightning was extremely fun in aoe situations.

Ret paladins once they were fixed and turned into a proper dps spec. I do miss the idea behind Seal of Blood as you sacrificed your own health for dps gains. It seemed proper for a Blood Knight to have to make that type of a sacrifice.

Demo and Affliction Warlocks. I'm not a huge fan of pet classes overall, but the Warlock always really spoke to me.

Sub rogue. Always felt like the ultimate thief to me. Could move undetected, kill quick and quiet, then move on. 

Windwalker Monk. I hated how the spec actually played, but I love the ideas behind it. Fluid motion and quick, precise strikes.

Prot Warrior. Love gladiator stance too. Feels simple, utilitarian, but effective. Arms has always been a close second for me as well.