Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth $100?

OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
I haven't really played an MMO in a few months, and this looks kinda like an open world Vindictus which I always thought would be cool. Idk, has anybody played it? What do you think? Worth getting the $100 pack?
When all is said and done, more is always said than done.

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Try the open beta when it comes out, then you will probably come on here and thank me for saving you 100$
  • Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    edited December 2015
    No open beta

Edit: From what I'm hearing it is pretty content barren as is now, the 100 dollar tag for EA is to much as I've said on their forum and you also need it for 100% CBT1 access.  Unless the game is mind boggling good at its core, which I hear it is not, then not worth.
  • lerwenlerwen Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I got bored playing the Korean beta test in about two weeks

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    OhhPaigey said:
    I haven't really played an MMO in a few months, and this looks kinda like an open world Vindictus which I always thought would be cool. Idk, has anybody played it? What do you think? Worth getting the $100 pack?
    My opinion is that the only time you should ever spend that type of money for a game is if you already know what it is about, and you know whether or not this is your type of thing.

If you are just going to spend that money "to find out' then "don't spend that money, wait until an open beta".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    no game is worth $100 for early access.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Dampiel_szDampiel_sz Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Tried some other countries beta a while back.... i can tell you that it is NOT
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    it is not worth paying for early access/ beta access as this is not a new game it is a old eastern game being ported to the western world. It will be worth playing as a different experience of the same old mechanics of games a few years ago and it looks good . so if your looking for a new game to play for a few months or so or until something new comes out this would be a good game. don't see many new worth mmo's coming out in the near future that are worth playing so this might have to last for a while.
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    lerwen said:
    I got bored playing the Korean beta test in about two weeks

Same here
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Ugh is the only thing I can say about this game. I really didn t like it at all.
  • ZombieCatZombieCat Member UncommonPosts: 55
    It is fairly easy to set things up to play on RU server and it is free. I would HIGHLY suggest you do that before dropping a $100.
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    From the reviews I seen is it is a shallow, although good looking game, targeting casual players (developers words). Check out reviews and never give 100$ to be beta tester for any game :D
  • ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201
    As much as this game is beautiful, I don't think it would be worth it. In reality, no game will ever be worth it until a year or two after release and even then, the reason to spend over $100 is purely based on personal preference.

• kuruma0510kuruma0510 Member CommonPosts: 3
    if you give your 100$ to try a game that is FREE TO PLAY then there is something wrong with you :)
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2015
    I honestly suggest to wait for an open beta. And if there will be no open beta then i honestly suggest to wait for launch.

If you are going to pay to try a game, at least pay the standard retail price of $50-$60 after release, definitely not $100 while still in beta.

Like someone said above. Not a single game is worth $100 to test a beta.

I know i will be buying the game after launch but im not paying a dime for a beta test, much less 100.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited December 2015
    if you give your 100$ to try a game that is FREE TO PLAY then there is something wrong with you :)
    The game is buy to play actually.

And I've spent a lot more than that on games like WoW, Maplestory and PoE.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Yes, because developers that make F2P titles don't need to eat. They are sustained completely by the happy thoughts of their playerbase! They also live in a land where it's all rainbows and sunshine.

I think there's more wrong with freeloaders that think that way than there is with the OP here.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

OhhPaigey said:
    The game is buy to play actually.

And I've spent a lot more than that on games like WoW, Maplestory and PoE.
    spending a lot on games is not the problem, it is supporting the bad practice of paying hundreds (even less) for early access. We (the consumers) are the only ones losing when these companies pull this cash grab stunts on us.

:D

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    probably not worth 100$.  it is probably worth 30 bucks.  imho.  but again, if you buy something between 20-100$ but play it for 3 hours a day for a year, you get a ton of usage out of it.  so it depends on how you think about it.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    edited December 2015
    Is it worth $30, yes.  Is it worth $50, probably.  Is it worth $100 for 2 cb's, probably not.  But that depends on the person buying.

My advice would be to watch a few streamers and decide what you want to do.  Here is the list of streamers that I watch.
    http://www.twitch.tv/estokha

http://www.twitch.tv/t1gamingdn

http://www.twitch.tv/the_buzz_stream

http://www.twitch.tv/vgzilix

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

edited December 2015
    Yes, because developers that make F2P titles don't need to eat. They are sustained completely by the happy thoughts of their playerbase! They also live in a land where it's all rainbows and sunshine.

I think there's more wrong with freeloaders that think that way than there is with the OP here.
    Wait so the new way to defend F2P "starving developers" is by buying $100 dollar early access? F2P developers feed their families through the cash shop, and of course selling our data to third parties for advertisement (which is also terrible). If they want to charge upfront then dont make the game F2P then complain about starvation.

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    of course it's not worth $100
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    I dont think its worth $100. $30, sure. Not $100.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    They did have a beta key giveaway. 2 of them actually. I just missed out on both. Oh well.

The beta keys on here. Im sure they will have more.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Short answer, no.

Long answer. Early access, like day 1 DLC, is marketing spin designed to grab cash from consumers who haven't been able to make an informed decision about the worth of a game. Morally it's reprehensible and should be discouraged by not participating in it.

Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution and hold on to your cash until the game is released as a finished product then do the research and read the reviews. Then decide if it's worth spending money on.

Realistically what do you misss out on? A buggy beta version of the game? Maybe a couple of trash items that you won't use past the first 10 levels? A couple of days head start at release? Nothing you can't live without.

Do yourself a favour and wait until you can get a really good look at the game before you part with your hard earned cash. If it turns out to be utter garbage you save $100. If it turns out to be good you still save half that when you buy it at the retail price.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Is it worth $30, yes.  Is it worth $50, probably.  Is it worth $100 for 2 cb's, probably not.  But that depends on the person buying.

My advice would be to watch a few streamers and decide what you want to do.  Here is the list of streamers that I watch.
    I've been thinking the same. Bought the €50 pack for the extra goodies over the €30 pack. But I really don't think that the 'exclusive armor skin' is worth €25 to me (the other €25 being the cash shop currency)... If I had enough money to spend I might have bought the €100 pack, but I'm not *THAT* wealthy so I went for best value...