Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devilian MMOARPG Open Beta Awesomness!

SkellybonesSkellybones Member UncommonPosts: 85
edited December 2015 in Open Beta Discussion
So i played open beta  and im enjoying the game so far. It feels like a fresh start with a diablo 3 feel, Pocket Legends, MMO, + other game types ! It will be free to play when it launches to the public. If your interested i've made some first impression videos on youtube. I will be making more as i play more and hopefully getting better at recording/editing videos! (lets pray for my sake)  Please Comment,Like, and subscribe

Part 1

PART 2  Devilian Beserker Gameplay

PART 3   Devilian Beserker Dungeon + PvP

Post edited by Skellybones on

Comments

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    LoL, I rather greatly dislike it.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• SkellybonesSkellybones Member UncommonPosts: 85
    edited December 2015
    Its definitely worth a try. I just hope trion doesn't mess it up with a pay to win cash shop.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Hey, it is Trion.  It must be a great game, right?
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    flizzer said:
    Hey, it is Trion.  It must be a great game, right?
    That was pun intended, right?
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    DMKano said:

It's a nice addition to my MMO rotation as it fills the ARPG playstyle that I love (I still play D3 and PoE occasionally)

This is whay it fulfills for me too. I love ARPGs, but I prefer to play in an MMO world. This is the best version of that right now. Hopefully Lost Ark or Lineage Eternal are good too.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    im hoping lost ark, this looks boring, might be more fun ingame then watching though.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    It's a trion game, so it must be the bestest.
    Its definitely worth a try. I just hope trion doesn't mess it up with a pay to win cash shop.
    Trion being involved is a mess up already.
    This company lives on buying cheap titles that failed on the asian market and that no other publisher in the west would touch with a ten feet pole.
    Then they make some upfront money on whales and idiots buying the alpha version and further ruin an already bad title with their idea of a cash shop, while the white knights scream that there is nothing Trion can do about anything.

Trion under Hartsman has become the most horrible company on the market today. No desperate try is too for them low as long as at least some people fall for it. Their portfolio is an ABC of games that failed in their hands.

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I was in closed beta and found the game annoying to an extent.  I have diablo 3 and path of exile so I dont mind the style.  I though the mob re-spawns were way too fast.  Your fighting a "boss" and the minions respawn or everything around in the area respawns.  Or if your talking to an NPC to turn a quest in the mobs would respawn again.  I hate fighting through stuff turning the quest in, get a new quest which makes you go a tad further on the map, then you have to come back fight through the same stuff again, turn the quest in, go a bit further, etc etc.....I do not like fighting through the same areas several times for no reason. 
    DMKano said:

It's a nice addition to my MMO rotation as it fills the ARPG playstyle that I love (I still play D3 and PoE occasionally)

This is whay it fulfills for me too. I love ARPGs, but I prefer to play in an MMO world. This is the best version of that right now. Hopefully Lost Ark or Lineage Eternal are good too.
    completly agreed 'im surprised diablo 3 didn't go more MMOish. Sometime companies are scared to take a risk but i feel in these times now if a company isn't dynamic or taking risks eventually those games will die out.

I still play d3 and i think Devilian is a great addition for someone looking to start in the hack n slash or even mmo genre it has best of both worlds.

I will be posting Part 2 to my First impression of Devilian shortly here!

I'm Thinking about showing dungeon gameplay and grouping fight then eventually PvP and Guild stuff on my next videos of Devilian !

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    edited December 2015
    Volgore said:
    It's a trion game, so it must be the bestest.
    Trion being involved is a mess up already.
    This company lives on buying cheap titles that failed on the asian market and that no other publisher in the west would touch with a ten feet pole.
    Then they make some upfront money on whales and idiots buying the alpha version and further ruin an already bad title with their idea of a cash shop, while the white knights scream that there is nothing Trion can do about anything.

Trion under Hartsman has become the most horrible company on the market today. No desperate try is too for them low as long as at least some people fall for it. Their portfolio is an ABC of games that failed in their hands.

Devilian didn't fail, the developer who ran it in China decided to switch to mobile gaming, Bluehole didn't like that, they are actively looking for a new publisher, its running in 3 other regions and doing fine.

i think devilian will do very good here in the west. As long as they dont mess it up with the cash shop.
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 536
    edited December 2015
    jitter77 said:
    I was in closed beta and found the game annoying to an extent.  I have diablo 3 and path of exile so I dont mind the style.  I though the mob re-spawns were way too fast.  Your fighting a "boss" and the minions respawn or everything around in the area respawns.  Or if your talking to an NPC to turn a quest in the mobs would respawn again.  I hate fighting through stuff turning the quest in, get a new quest which makes you go a tad further on the map, then you have to come back fight through the same stuff again, turn the quest in, go a bit further, etc etc.....I do not like fighting through the same areas several times for no reason. 
    I somewhat agree here, but it is a double edged sword. The respawns did seem a little quick, especially near the boss. The problem is if they spawn too slow, then you will have complaints about how players have to stand around waiting for the spawns to complete quests, making gameplay go too slow.

In my experience during beta, I would say you are correct and they have tuned the respawns a little too high.

As for the rest of the game, it seemed fairly fun. I didn't get to very high level though, so I have no idea what the long term gameplay will be like. 
    splattr said:
    jitter77 said:
    I somewhat agree here, but it is a double edged sword. The respawns did seem a little quick, especially near the boss. The problem is if they spawn too slow, then you will have complaints about how players have to stand around waiting for the spawns to complete quests, making gameplay go too slow.

In my experience during beta, I would say you are correct and they have tuned the respawns a little too high.

As for the rest of the game, it seemed fairly fun. I didn't get to very high level though, so I have no idea what the long term gameplay will be like. 

splattr said:
    jitter77 said:

i did notice repawns being a little to high but that can be tweaked really depends on popularity and demand and should be tweaked based on that... I hear people say it gets much better later on and it get more challenging. Im really looking foward to doing group dungeons and some 20v20 Guild PVP !!! i will be making more videos, hopefully i get better with each one i make lol
    Devilian Dungeon + PvP First impression Part 3

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    edited December 2015
    jitter77 said:
    Same issue I have the mob respawn rate is insane. I would prefer it if like Path of Exile after I kill something it stays dead while I am still in that area.

It is a multiplayer game so that probably will not work but still they need to tweak it.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    I enjoy the game, what concerns me is that the population seems lower in OBT than it was in CBT, was about to invest in a founders pack, but now im not sure.

• Muad_dib66Muad_dib66 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I think people dont play now since their character will get wiped anyways after the open beta. The population might be higher after launch.
    I think people dont play now since their character will get wiped anyways after the open beta. The population might be higher after launch.
    yea that would make sense launch is come rather soon. its funny to see gold sellers when theres a wipe coming !
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048
    Yes I would not play either if there is a wipe coming why waste my time  when any progress will be wiped.
    Chamber of Chains
    I think mainly the people who haven't played it are trying out the Open beta. I see alot of people ingame
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    The pvp looks brutal, do they have any minions/moba type maps? Looks like it would fit in quite well.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048
    PvP looks like fun though. It does look pretty brutal the sounds and the effects seem to convey very visceral combat.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BlixxisBlixxis Member UncommonPosts: 17
    DMKano said:

completly agreed 'im surprised diablo 3 didn't go more MMOish. Sometime companies are scared to take a risk but i feel in these times now if a company isn't dynamic or taking risks eventually those games will die out.

I still play d3 and i think Devilian is a great addition for someone looking to start in the hack n slash or even mmo genre it has best of both worlds.

I will be posting Part 2 to my First impression of Devilian shortly here!

I always say to people. if only Blizzard was smart enough to take Diablo 3 and mix Ultima Online in to it. Some dungeons or content being private or public 4 mans and others completely open to all. There would be a lot more to do in D3 then farm rifts if it had UO elements in it.

With the way blizzard has been going then wont do it till someone else has, then they just try and make it more accessible to the average idiot. Anyone else notice all the great new wow idea's that have been added in past 4 years that are taken right from Guild Wars 2. Its actually embarrassing the companies lack of original idea's.

Funny thing, I saw an interview with Satoru Iwata the president of Nintendo that past recently. He said when he met Shigeru Miyamoto he realized being a great game programer is second to you imagination. I read interview at the end of Pandaia where blizzard said the exact opposite. Will that explains a lot.

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited December 2015
    Your streaming ?
    Yea and i am doing my gf in the kichen wearing a hat, who cares.

Game is fun btw. you hit 52 in 14 hours and then pvp all day.
    Gonna get boring fast, but hey its 2015 this wat the peeps want get to max level play 2 weeks and quit :pleased:

Made a new char gonna see if i can get my devilian higher then my normal char :P
    (was actually trying to find dm kano to murder him but cant find him :( )
    i KNOW your HIDING again kanooo....