Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be PVP?

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have still yet to find out what players are going to do in game.
    I think as i said before it sure seems like Tales in the Desert game where by a new story arrives and everyone basically plays that as their gaming.
    Then i have to wonder if it is all about the story,where does the story leads us.Puzzles,clues,unravel mysteries i really don't know what the "identity" of this game is?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited January 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    @HabitualFrogStomp Well, I decided to find your BW video that talks about talents and how they are acquired and / or unlocked. As far as I can tell, BW tries to quote Jeromy as stating, "If a story plot requires a certain talent to be present in order for the story to progress. What does the soulbourn engine do about it?" Now, BW doesn't state a confirmed response, but he does say that "he believes" Jeromy said the players involved in the story will somehow unlock said talent in order to progress the story. So, if this is true, then yes, perhaps its possible to unlock a talent by being involved in the story. However, does that mean EVERYONE has access to EVERY talent which is what you originally claimed. The answer is still no and what I stated is still the case. Every soul has talents selected at random and those talents still need to be unlocked before they can be used. So, I was wrong about talents being restricted to souls only, but you were also wrong about everyone having access to every talent. So if anything, you created a straw man argument to justify your own victory in the discussion. I guess all that happened here was we proved each other wrong.
    Yeah I'm sure...you decided to "find it" when I decided to find it for you stating the exact opposite of everything you've had the say on the topic. In the video I posted Jeromy states explicitly, "YES that is CORRECT". How much more evidence do I really need to provide you, do I need to come over there and tattoo it on your forehead for you to get it?

You not only were wrong, you seem to lack the understand of simple word definitions. You seem to think having access=will have. All players have access to talents. That is factual, it can not be refuted unless Soulborn studios specifically excludes certain players from having talents in the random pool or gaining them by participating in the story via their personal details or credit card details or some other method. Otherwise, every single human being will have equal access to a talent when the purchase the game, and further when they participate in the story.

Fact.

I guess all that happened was you were wrong and you're still weaseling around, because I'm certainly not wrong about anything, sport.

Keep digging that hole deeper for yourself, I'll keep kicking the dirt down.

By what you said, one can only assume you think every player has access to every talent. I say this because you keep repeating it over and over. Yet for some reason, I don't know where you get that information from. I've made it quite obvious to you now, several times. EVERY player / soul does NOT have access to EVERY talent. Even with the story arc talents, only ONE person from the story might unlock the talent, not EVERY person there. So please explain where you are getting your information that EVERY player / soul will have access to EVERY talent, because it simply isn't true.
    Good lord, now you're becoming even more incoherent. Pure fabrication to avoid embarrassment. You act like a spoiled insolent child on the most minor issues. When I've addressed talents, in any capacity, it has always been in a general sense, unless used as some example. I've never stated specifically one way or the other who will get this talent or who will get that talent, I've talked about talents in a very general way. You're making this 'every talent" nonsense up to distract from the fact you're wrong. What me and maygus are saying are exactly the same.

All players have equal access to talents, period. Those were my words. The post you quoted literally says the exact same thing I've been saying. You've added this whole new aspect to the statement that I've never talked about. It's your invention like every other thing I've proved you wrong on already.

You've made I don't know how many posts on this, I've always said the same thing, you've hopped around like a frightened baby chipmunk.  That's all we need to see here.

EDIT: And to further the point, even if I had made a distinction and said EVERY player has equal access to EVERY talent it does nothing to change the statement nor does it change the fact that the statement is true. When 2 accounts are created, they will both have equal chance at having a particular talent, or a talent in general, all you're doing is narrowing the odds but the odds for both players are still the same. Further, both players will have equal opportunity at participating in the story and equal opportunity to gain a talent, or a particular talent through their participation. Mathematically everyone has equal access to all talents. You lack the fundamentals of basic logic and cognitive reasoning. As I continue to highlight in your posts. You continue to just be wrong, on everything you say. You should've stopped talking when you said you were and spared yourself this indignity.
    Post edited by HabitualFrogStomp on
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Deffcon_1 said:

The only way to unlock a talent is to play the game. Therefore, no one will be able to just pump money into buying souls and sparks and be born with a talent. The system doesnt work that way. Seeing as the story wont revolve around PvP, those focusing purely on PvP will be far less likely to unlock a talent.
    Indeed, the more rare and "special" the talents are, the higher the ebay price will be for those accounts that have unlocked a talent. Multiple-talent accounts will probably sell for thousands of dollars. Hell, people pay over $10000 for a rare weapon skin in CS:GO !

So there will probably be many accounts created over and over again just to try and unlock a talent. Good business for the devs, but perhaps not so great if all those attempts are made with stolen cc numbers...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Who says the story won't revolve around pvp,i am not sold on that as of yet because other than pvp i have yet to find out what players are building all these skills/talents up for if not pvp then what?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843
    I just don't know where this false " Talents are super rare and pve thing so they'll all end up in carebears hands" confidence is coming from when theres every PVP MMO ever made to prove the exact opposite.
    It sure doesn't come from PvPers.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• ronmexic0ronmexic0 Member CommonPosts: 11
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    @HabitualFrogStomp Well, I decided to find your BW video that talks about talents and how they are acquired and / or unlocked. As far as I can tell, BW tries to quote Jeromy as stating, "If a story plot requires a certain talent to be present in order for the story to progress. What does the soulbourn engine do about it?" Now, BW doesn't state a confirmed response, but he does say that "he believes" Jeromy said the players involved in the story will somehow unlock said talent in order to progress the story. So, if this is true, then yes, perhaps its possible to unlock a talent by being involved in the story. However, does that mean EVERYONE has access to EVERY talent which is what you originally claimed. The answer is still no and what I stated is still the case. Every soul has talents selected at random and those talents still need to be unlocked before they can be used. So, I was wrong about talents being restricted to souls only, but you were also wrong about everyone having access to every talent. So if anything, you created a straw man argument to justify your own victory in the discussion. I guess all that happened here was we proved each other wrong.
    Yeah I'm sure...you decided to "find it" when I decided to find it for you stating the exact opposite of everything you've had the say on the topic. In the video I posted Jeromy states explicitly, "YES that is CORRECT". How much more evidence do I really need to provide you, do I need to come over there and tattoo it on your forehead for you to get it?

You not only were wrong, you seem to lack the understand of simple word definitions. You seem to think having access=will have. All players have access to talents. That is factual, it can not be refuted unless Soulborn studios specifically excludes certain players from having talents in the random pool or gaining them by participating in the story via their personal details or credit card details or some other method. Otherwise, every single human being will have equal access to a talent when the purchase the game, and further when they participate in the story.

Fact.

I guess all that happened was you were wrong and you're still weaseling around, because I'm certainly not wrong about anything, sport.

Keep digging that hole deeper for yourself, I'll keep kicking the dirt down.

By what you said, one can only assume you think every player has access to every talent. I say this because you keep repeating it over and over. Yet for some reason, I don't know where you get that information from. I've made it quite obvious to you now, several times. EVERY player / soul does NOT have access to EVERY talent. Even with the story arc talents, only ONE person from the story might unlock the talent, not EVERY person there. So please explain where you are getting your information that EVERY player / soul will have access to EVERY talent, because it simply isn't true.
    Good lord, now you're becoming even more incoherent. Pure fabrication to avoid embarrassment. You act like a spoiled insolent child on the most minor issues. When I've addressed talents, in any capacity, it has always been in a general sense, unless used as some example. I've never stated specifically one way or the other who will get this talent or who will get that talent, I've talked about talents in a very general way. You're making this 'every talent" nonsense up to distract from the fact you're wrong. What me and maygus are saying are exactly the same.

All players have equal access to talents, period. Those were my words. The post you quoted literally says the exact same thing I've been saying. You've added this whole new aspect to the statement that I've never talked about. It's your invention like every other thing I've proved you wrong on already.

You've made I don't know how many posts on this, I've always said the same thing, you've hopped around like a frightened baby chipmunk.  That's all we need to see here.

EDIT: And to further the point, even if I had made a distinction and said EVERY player has equal access to EVERY talent it does nothing to change the statement nor does it change the fact that the statement is true. When 2 accounts are created, they will both have equal chance at having a particular talent, or a talent in general, all you're doing is narrowing the odds but the odds for both players are still the same. Further, both players will have equal opportunity at participating in the story and equal opportunity to gain a talent, or a particular talent through their participation. Mathematically everyone has equal access to all talents. You lack the fundamentals of basic logic and cognitive reasoning. As I continue to highlight in your posts. You continue to just be wrong, on everything you say. You should've stopped talking when you said you were and spared yourself this indignity.
    Except for the fact your argument was about "alpha talents" and you used Jedi Class from SWG as your example and stated because everyone had access to Jedi, that the same problem would be found in CoE. So, you just dismissed your original argument by agreeing that not every soul will have access to every talent, thus meaning alpha talents will NOT be another SWG debacle.

As for your edit comment, the fact talents can be gained via story events, doesn't mean EVERY talent can be accessed that way. There was no specifics as to which talents or even how many can be unlocked by this manner. All we know is talents needed to progress the story can be unlocked.
    I feel sorry for since you seem to be taking to yourself, so let me give you some help.

Short story: you're wrong and you need to stop trolling with your thick skull. And you need to stop reporting people with your equally thin skin cause were losing valuable members because of your crying.
  • VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    ronmexic0 said:
    I feel sorry for since you seem to be taking to yourself, so let me give you some help.

Short story: you're wrong and you need to stop trolling with your thick skull. And you need to stop reporting people with your equally thin skin cause were losing valuable members because of your crying.
    Joined yesterday.
    First post laments sudden banning of user in "epic thread". 
    Second post laments banning of said player again.
    General tone of being upset and angry, calls other people trolls

Welcome back HabitualFrogStomp. Completely open to debating game points with you but try not to get banned for flaming this time. 
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Vucar said:
    ronmexic0 said:

Joined yesterday.

Welcome back HabitualFrogStomp. Completely open to debating game points with you but try not to get banned for flaming this time. 
    Not any different than "fans" making brand new accounts and attacking people who disagree.

Wait my bad, it is.

• GrelfGrelf Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited January 2016
    Benjola said:
    I just don't know where this false " Talents are super rare and pve thing so they'll all end up in carebears hands" confidence is coming from when theres every PVP MMO ever made to prove the exact opposite.
    It sure doesn't come from PvPers.
    It's already been hinted talents have a backside too, as something people won't necessarily want. I don't think there is much value in discussing it at this point, there's just not enough information to make anything out of it. Jeromy is too aware of the possibility of griefers, and from what he's said so far open PvP will be extremely discouraged, and if turns out it isn't with the current mechanics, he will very likely just change them so that it is.
    Vucar said:
    ronmexic0 said:

Joined yesterday.

That moment when you think you're acting smart but nobody else is bothering to play detective and state the obvious because everyone else found it......obvious.

Possibly because I was going out of my way to make it obvious.

How can one possibly debate such obvious intellect?

Settle down sport.

edited January 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    ronmexic0 said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Except for the fact your argument was about "alpha talents" and you used Jedi Class from SWG as your example and stated because everyone had access to Jedi, that the same problem would be found in CoE. So, you just dismissed your original argument by agreeing that not every soul will have access to every talent, thus meaning alpha talents will NOT be another SWG debacle.

As for your edit comment, the fact talents can be gained via story events, doesn't mean EVERY talent can be accessed that way. There was no specifics as to which talents or even how many can be unlocked by this manner. All we know is talents needed to progress the story can be unlocked.

Don't see how I'm wrong.

Rhoklaw said:
    @HabitualFrogStomp Sorry, you never corrected me about talents, but if you think that happened somewhere, by all means, prove it.

Rhoklaw said:
    Souls have predetermined talents available, which are chosen at random. So I'm afraid you are incorrect. Here's a direct quote from DJ#1.

Maygus said:
    Talents can also be awarded by being close to the core story and/or doing heroic things.
    HabitualFrogStomp said: You've already been corrected and this was touched on numerous times in this thread already. Stop spreading misinformation. If you're going to fanboi a game, know what you're talking about first.

Thanks.
    Rhoklaw said:
    I've been corrected? Who cares. You've just been corrected. What difference does it make.

Who cares? What difference does it Make? You obviously care and it makes a lot of difference since after being proven wrong you're still arguing that you're not wrong, when 2 posters (well technically 3 now) have told you that you are and I've provided evidence in video from a developer interview that you're wrong.

I've never been wrong about such things, much less admitted to it, as you have, and then later changed your story about 15 different times and been embarrassed on 2 different threads about it.

Rhoklaw said:
    Now, as I agreed, it's possible for maybe one individual to gain access to a talent outside of their preselected talents that their soul may start out with, if they participated in a certain story event.
    So you've agreed that you were wrong, and I was right already. Why are you still trying to weasel out of it. The damage has already been done, you're just making it worse.

GG, next.

Rhoklaw said:
    @ronmexic0 I can't believe you butchered all those comments and still failed to prove my LAST comment as incorrect. Epic fail. Try responding to my most recent comment instead of dwelling on the past. Besides, the fact I admitted to being wrong about one specific detail still has nothing to do with your original argument.

Story Arc talent unlocks does NOT equate to "everyone has access to every talent ala SWG Jedi"

+1 Troll Skill
    I haven't butchered anything my young lad, the arguments were presented in cohesion with each other as they were actually laid out. Nothing was taken out of context. Why would I do that when anyone can just waltz on over and reach the original thread and not have to take my word for it, you're still going to look just as ridiculous over there as you do here. You're the only one changing arguments and "butchering" things as is evident on this thread by you saying "oh oh, but you said have access to EVERY talent" or something like that. You're arguing in your own plane and inventing obscure subplots because you were entirely manhandled in a debate. That's my definition of trolling, I guess your definition of trolling is proving you wrong.

Having access to talents in the story does in fact equate to everyone having equal access to talents, as everyone has equal access to the story. I've already dismissed this argument of yours as well. Your most recent argument is just as irrelevant as every other thing you've had to say on the subject. And yes I've proven it incorrect as it's simply a mathematical question. If you and I both buy the game, have one soul, we will have equal chance at the start of having a talent or a specific talent, and we will both have equal access to the story. Period. If you're saying otherwise you're just wrong, like you've been wrong on everything else.

And it took you all of 15 minutes to respond to this thread when I've ignored it for days. You're obsessed, go outside once in awhile. Or just know when to yield to your betters, even if you must be here all the time.
    And really you haven't said anything in your latest post. You've said "I don't know how talents will be handled or distributed, therefore you're wrong." We know you don't know anything about the system, we've already illustrated that as I went to great pains to educate you, for no other reason but I enjoyed it. How did you ever manage to convince yourself you were qualified to join this debate when you have no idea what you're on about?

Rhoklaw said:
    Well, what you just stated is nothing like SWG Jedi class which was in fact your original argument, correct. Your whole point with that Alpha Talent thread was based off past MMO's such as SWG. Guess what, CoE talent system isn't even close to that, which is MY point. Again, Story Arc talents being unlocked DOES NOT mean everyone has access to every talent. Where you get this from is beyond me.
    Explain how it DOES NOT mean everyone has access to every talent then. You've provided no reasoning as to why this is true outside the fact that you just don't know or understand the system (ignorance is not an argument). So provide some logic or evidence as I have, on numerous occasions which has completely destroyed your argument, or you need to stop presenting it as something factual. It's not and we both know it's not and everyone reading this knows it's not. You have no basis for the way you feel, you just feel that way. You're wrong, you've always been wrong, and this is just another in a long string of things you're wrong on.

lol You don't even know what my original argument was so I'll quote myself for clarification:

HabitualFrogStomp said:The issue -I- worry about, is can any -developer- handle the responsibility of having an alpha class in their game? For it to even have a chance of working you have to be committed to the idea that they're special, and not succumb to community pressures to make it more accessible. And perhaps more importantly, can they resist the urge to use the alpha class mechanic as a means to profit? It may be fine for the first 2-3 months of a game when everything is new, but people start to get anxious, pop starts dropping, the forums become more and more fixated on the prospect that they may not have a talent, can they keep their finger off the panic button long enough to see their vision come to pass?

Notice I said nothing about how the unlock mechanic was exactly like that which was used in SWG? Do you see what my "original argument" was about now or are you just gonna keep banging on pots and pans? You've done very little to argue an actual point on this forum with all the posts you've made, you continue to dramatically alter the point other people were trying to make, to fit an argument that you want to have with then, drag it into numerous other threads, and I'M the one who's trolling?

Putting me on ignore changes what exactly? Clearly you haven't read anything anyone says on this forum as I've yet to see you form a coherent argument. For someone with 2,800 posts or so and that much practice and obvious time on their hands I'd like to think they'd at least be able come up with something.

Guess not.

• Deffcon_1Deffcon_1 Member UncommonPosts: 164
    @ronmexic0  There isnt equal access. This is because talents are limited. Once all the talents are awarded no one else can get talents. Therefore, there is no equal access like SWG Jedi. I didnt bother to read the rest of your non-sense, but thought I would point this out and wait to see what kind of ridiculous response you have.
    Deffcon_1 said:
    @ronmexic0  There isnt equal access. This is because talents are limited. Once all the talents are awarded no one else can get talents. Therefore, there is no equal access like SWG Jedi. I didnt bother to read the rest of your non-sense, but thought I would point this out and wait to see what kind of ridiculous response you have.
    Ridiculous responses, kinda like this.

Deffcon_1 said:
    They will be so rare, that they will basically not exist. Especially at the start. It will probably be several months, 6+, or more before the first talent is discovered.

So by your logic, all the talents being "awarded" is not really a problem, since they will be so rare and you've already worked out a time frame on when the first one is going to be discovered, and it's going to take such a long time.

Therefore everyone will still have equal access to talents, don't worry.

Keep tryin son, one of these days you might just get the better end of one of these exchanges. You may go now.
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    ronmexic0 said:

Rhoklaw said:
    Well, what you just stated is nothing like SWG Jedi class which was in fact your original argument, correct. Your whole point with that Alpha Talent thread was based off past MMO's such as SWG. Guess what, CoE talent system isn't even close to that, which is MY point. Again, Story Arc talents being unlocked DOES NOT mean everyone has access to every talent. Where you get this from is beyond me.
    Explain how it DOES NOT mean everyone has access to every talent then. You've provided no reasoning as to why this is true outside the fact that you just don't know or understand the system (ignorance is not an argument). So provide some logic or evidence as I have, on numerous occasions which has completely destroyed your argument, or you need to stop presenting it as something factual. It's not and we both know it's not and everyone reading this knows it's not. You have no basis for the way you feel, you just feel that way. You're wrong, you've always been wrong, and this is just another in a long string of things you're wrong on.

lol You don't even know what my original argument was so I'll quote myself for clarification:

HabitualFrogStomp said:The issue -I- worry about, is can any -developer- handle the responsibility of having an alpha class in their game? For it to even have a chance of working you have to be committed to the idea that they're special, and not succumb to community pressures to make it more accessible. And perhaps more importantly, can they resist the urge to use the alpha class mechanic as a means to profit? It may be fine for the first 2-3 months of a game when everything is new, but people start to get anxious, pop starts dropping, the forums become more and more fixated on the prospect that they may not have a talent, can they keep their finger off the panic button long enough to see their vision come to pass?

Notice I said nothing about how the unlock mechanic was exactly like that which was used in SWG? Do you see what my "original argument" was about now or are you just gonna keep banging on pots and pans? You've done very little to argue an actual point on this forum with all the posts you've made, you continue to dramatically alter the point other people were trying to make, to fit an argument that you want to have with then, drag it into numerous other threads, and I'M the one who's trolling?

Putting me on ignore changes what exactly? Clearly you haven't read anything anyone says on this forum as I've yet to see you form a coherent argument. For someone with 2,800 posts or so and that much practice and obvious time on their hands I'd like to think they'd at least be able come up with something.

Guess not.

This is pointless you have been proved wrong numerous times and are still continuing the same pitch.. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
    Zultra said:
    This is pointless you have been proved wrong numerous times and are still continuing the same pitch.. 
    Naming one time might be a good start, much less pointless times.

Oh that's right, it never happened.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Lot of talk about reporting other posters and getting them banned. That is by far the most disturbing thing about this thread. If you are reporting other posters for anything other than racial/homophobic (et al similar) comments then you lost your shit and needed the mods to save you. I'm disappointed that posters on this site would be so petulant and petty. I assumed these forums were for adults. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
    Archlyte said:
    Lot of talk about reporting other posters and getting them banned. That is by far the most disturbing thing about this thread. If you are reporting other posters for anything other than racial/homophobic (et al similar) comments then you lost your shit and needed the mods to save you. I'm disappointed that posters on this site would be so petulant and petty. I assumed these forums were for adults. 
    Its not in our hands who gets banned or suspended.

Trolling, flaming and harassment are not how adults talk, however.
    edited January 2016
    Vucar said:
    Archlyte said:

What is the impulse to report someone in a thread to the mods? If it's because you are pissed that someone didn't talk nice to you I would say that you are exhibiting a childish sense of retribution and triangulation. The Moral High Ground has ample real estate for you to claim without playing actual forum PvP and attempting to stifle dissonant opinion. 

The final point on that is that much of what is said is subjective, and if the mods respond with a customer service attitude to what is possibly a poor choice of words, you have killed future positive statements over what should be an un-damaging transaction with anonymous posters over the internet: given an appropriate amount of self-control. Someone whom you ban for not liking your game today might contribute something enlightening or even helpful tomorrow. In essence killing expression for the sake of unnecessary and alien comfort in attempts to retain a sense of personal positivism that has no more place in contentious debate than fallacies.

Archlyte said:
    Vucar said:
    Archlyte said:

What is the impulse to report someone in a thread to the mods? If it's because you are pissed that someone didn't talk nice to you I would say that you are exhibiting a childish sense of retribution and triangulation. The Moral High Ground has ample real estate for you to claim without playing actual forum PvP and attempting to stifle dissonant opinion. 

The final point on that is that much of what is said is subjective, and if the mods respond with a customer service attitude to what is possibly a poor choice of words, you have killed future positive statements over what should be an un-damaging transaction with anonymous posters over the internet, given an appropriate amount of self-control. Someone who you ban for not liking your game today might contribute something enlightening or even helpful tomorrow. In essence killing expression for the sake of unnecessary and alien comfort in attempts to retain a sense of personal positivism that has no more place in contentious debate than fallacies.

Also, yes adults do in fact rip on each other, all the time. More often than not this type of behavior is common amongst men, as a way of joking or making the conversation animated or posturing for levels of social dominance. It's pretty natural human behaviour, and feigning a complete ignorance of it either makes me believe that poster is a female or gets friend zoned by females a lot.

The mods of course can determine whatever they determine, but I have no doubt I've been reported numerous times on this forum specifically, as has timberhick, for pretty much the same type of stuff the fanbois do. The only difference, we don't really bother reporting them.

And also @vucar it's far more unattractive and immature to be snide than it is to simply be blunt, even if it is more common. You might be a delicate flower, but you're not the model of professionalism and grace you're trying to make yourself out to be. But I don't live in this microcosm of the internet in 1999 you've constructed for yourself, so I'm not going to eat your lunch about it. This is pretty much par for the course.
    I'm just saying don't abuse the report feature. If you need a sheep dog, you need one, but don't call one for gophers. 
    This will be my last post in this thread, as this topic has devolved so thoroughly, so many times, its beyond recognition. Nothing of value has been discussed, by me or anyone else, in this thread, for days if not weeks.

Arguing over semantics, being correct or being disproven, and just general trolling. Nothing of substance here anymore. I'll wait for the next poster to ask a genuine concern or bring up another valid problem and continue there. 

I suggest you, and everyone else, do the same.

I asked about PvP and got a response from the devs. It was an elegant explanation of situational PvP that seemed to be aimed at making all parties as happy as possible. I think this is the one game that I am actually watching among new games. If they get a lot of the stuff they are talking about right and balanced I believe they are on to something. There is a lot of time for tuning and tweaking, I just hope they break the paradigm and give me something new and less easily understood