Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be PVP?

24

Comments

  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Deffcon_1 said:
    Grelf said:

    Really both your posts have said this exact same thing. I don't see how you think it's constructive to make an account just to tell people they're not being constructive. This is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen on this site, and I've seen my share.

    Nobody needs to hear that, add to the discussion or move on.
    This coming from you is hilarious. You bring nothing to the conversation. All you do is being negativity and nothing constructive. Why do you still post here? If all you want to do is break the game down, why post?
    In the hopes that a dev will listen?

    Think about it there Deffcon.  You are being aggressive to someone about a game that has no actual footage yet.  Hell this game has gotten so much press with no actual footage, nothing nada zip zilch


  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Actually that would be Jeromy squealing about game's in development.

    How is Jeromy suppose to realize that not everything he says is awesomely astounding if we are not allowed to say something negative?

    I pointed out a major flaw in the pricing of the game, you know where if you are super into the game, The Story, the life, you pay more money then someone who isn't.  Why is that negative nonsense?

  • RosutoGenjitsuRosutoGenjitsu Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Actually that would be Jeromy squealing about game's in development.

    How is Jeromy suppose to realize that not everything he says is awesomely astounding if we are not allowed to say something negative?

    I pointed out a major flaw in the pricing of the game, you know where if you are super into the game, The Story, the life, you pay more money then someone who isn't.  Why is that negative nonsense?

    None of those are inherent flaw. They are mere food for thought, and i can guarantee they think about it.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    Actually that would be Jeromy squealing about game's in development.

    How is Jeromy suppose to realize that not everything he says is awesomely astounding if we are not allowed to say something negative?

    I pointed out a major flaw in the pricing of the game, you know where if you are super into the game, The Story, the life, you pay more money then someone who isn't.  Why is that negative nonsense?


    So let's clear it up.  So they way you want it is "the right way" and the way they are doing it is "wrong" and a 'MAJOR FLAW'. Basically if you don't like it, then it is wrong.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Rhoklaw said:
    Actually that would be Jeromy squealing about game's in development.

    How is Jeromy suppose to realize that not everything he says is awesomely astounding if we are not allowed to say something negative?

    I pointed out a major flaw in the pricing of the game, you know where if you are super into the game, The Story, the life, you pay more money then someone who isn't.  Why is that negative nonsense?

    It isn't negative but it is nonsense. No where in any DJ does it say that being brave or courageous automatically makes you a target or easier to kill. Speculating is fine, but when you make broad generalizations about a mechanic without going into specific details, you'll just get a poor response.

    So, there is no proof of your speculation being an issue. Does that answer your question? Probably not, but perhaps when more details are added, a better answer might be generated.
    What are you even talking about?
    No where in any DJ does it say that being brave or courageous automatically makes you a target or easier to kill.
    Wha?  WTF does this even mean?  WTF does this have to do with anything?

    Did you not read The Price of Fame and Gaining Fame sections of the last DJ?

    This isn't speculation that is clearly written by Jeromy himself. Of course this is where "design journal is just design it's not meant to be taken literally(unless you agree with it then you can)."
  • Deffcon_1Deffcon_1 Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Ive seen footage of the game, as have many of the community members that are actively participating in discussions with the devs. Just because you havent seen footage doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Deffcon_1 said:
    Grelf said:

    Really both your posts have said this exact same thing. I don't see how you think it's constructive to make an account just to tell people they're not being constructive. This is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen on this site, and I've seen my share.

    Nobody needs to hear that, add to the discussion or move on.
    This coming from you is hilarious. You bring nothing to the conversation. All you do is being negativity and nothing constructive. Why do you still post here? If all you want to do is break the game down, why post?
    Even with all the hype surrounding this game, the manufactured hype ratings and the lip service and the 3 or 4 people including yourself who do very little besides just go in fanboi aggro mode, I still instigated one of the most polarizing discussions on this board that you yourself have participated in multiple times. While you're not really doing anything to help your own crowd.

    I'm instigating discussion, you're worshiping things with your mouth, guess which one is constructive?

    Yep, thought so.
  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited January 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    Deffcon_1 said:
    Grelf said:

    Really both your posts have said this exact same thing. I don't see how you think it's constructive to make an account just to tell people they're not being constructive. This is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen on this site, and I've seen my share.

    Nobody needs to hear that, add to the discussion or move on.
    This coming from you is hilarious. You bring nothing to the conversation. All you do is being negativity and nothing constructive. Why do you still post here? If all you want to do is break the game down, why post?
    Even with all the hype surrounding this game, the manufactured hype ratings and the lip service and the 3 or 4 people including yourself who do very little besides just go in fanboi aggro mode, I still instigated one of the most polarizing discussions on this board that you yourself have participated in multiple times. While you're not really doing anything to help your own crowd.

    I'm instigating discussion, you're worshiping things with your mouth, guess which one is constructive?

    Yep, thought so.
    What exactly have you discussed? Some concoction that the game is somehow able to be manipulated by the players. Whom you claim will always find a way to break game mechanics? Alpha talents aren't handed out like candy and no, not everyone will have access to every talent. I've already told you this but you refuse to understand that response because it completely refutes your argument. Even when you have been proven wrong, you keep coming back with the same argument. You bring stuff up for discussion and when you either get an answer / conclusion or decide one isn't possible at this time, you are supposed to move on. Don't get mad with the way people respond to you when you beat a dead horse for weeks on end.
    Didn't you spend like 2 weeks parading yourself around these forums carrying on about a grand or so you had in your pocket and debate with yourself which game was going to be lucky enough to get such a paltry sum from you? Sounds like you've been spurned away from more than a couple of specific gaming communities and came here as damaged goods to me. Now you're proceeding to behave exactly the same way that's alienated you from other games in regards to this one. I've already thrashed your posts because you're a relative new comer who hasn't even done their research on this game, I've pointed out in a couple of instances where you were spreading complete misinformation in regards to this game and you couldn't even manage to come to your own defense, and you're claiming I'm supposedly upset about something?

    You don't even understand how one gains a talent, you weren't even aware of the mechanic that was being discussed. One of the most adamant supporters of this game on this forum even took the time to tell you as much.  Yet you've managed to delude yourself into thinking you've proven me wrong when everyone besides you pointed out how ignorant you are?

    How many threads do I need to bark you off of?
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    waynejr2 said:
    Actually that would be Jeromy squealing about game's in development.

    How is Jeromy suppose to realize that not everything he says is awesomely astounding if we are not allowed to say something negative?

    I pointed out a major flaw in the pricing of the game, you know where if you are super into the game, The Story, the life, you pay more money then someone who isn't.  Why is that negative nonsense?


    So let's clear it up.  So they way you want it is "the right way" and the way they are doing it is "wrong" and a 'MAJOR FLAW'. Basically if you don't like it, then it is wrong.
    Sorry dude, what you are trying to say?
    My suggestion would be to use more words.  There is a kernel of something in there, but you've emphasized the sarcasm to quickly.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,024
    I hope PvP will take important place in this game.
    It wont.

    They keep saying that this game has open PvP, then turn around and make PvP so disadvantageous it would be asinine for any sane person to attempt.

    but they "have open PvP", nudge nudge wink wink.
    You mean like murder is extremely hard to get away with in a lawful society? 

    You can kill anyone at any time in our world. You apparently like this concept ... but why aren't you out killing humans right now?

    Ah, that's right, because you mentioned a "sane person" wouldn't attempt it. You won't get away with it and the majority of people have a conscience ... unlike in video games so hence the justice system.

    This game is simply trying to emulate real justice but seeing how it won't be a legal court system game where everyone is a lawyer, the dev's have to hard code justice mechanics in the game.

    It seems to me you want open killing everywhere with total disregard to the effects this would have on a game trying to create realism. If you kill someone in an enforced area you will become a pariah, just like in real life. There will be players who will still follow this course of action regardless.

    I applaud what they are attempting to do as this is a major fault in mmorpgs. This is why they have separated pvp from pve in most games nearly entirely ... because it was easier than creating a system of justice. I have no idea if it will work however and time will tell.

    You stay sassy!

  • GrelfGrelf Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Grelf said:
    RiverBird said:

    That's asumming it's just peace time, you can easily spend some time, traveling to a distant town, go in a killing spree, then skip town, or keep doing that town to town like a serial killer, simple. People do it in real life, they kill because it entertains them, you can just as well do that in the game.
    That's clearly something you won't see in this game, and I doubt it's the sort of illegal PvP most people are interested on anyway.

    RiverBird said:

    Now, it's true what you say, that there IS open PVP, but it's disadvantageous, but is there a problem with that?
    Yes, there is a problem, because a lot of people are disillusoned this game will have a place for this kind of playstyle. It doesn't take a genius, just check the official forums to see the amount of guilds dedicated to "illegal" behaviors. The developers also spend a lot of time going back and forth about exciting "illegal" PvP aspects that will be nothing but a fraction of the game if they even make it to the final version, since it's obviously so discouraged to the point it will barely even happen. So much for the player "raid boss".
    This, is a prime example of pessimism, nothing said was constructive, and was riddled with negative assumptions about both the game and the developers.
    It's not pessimism, it's a simple observation of the facts based on what has been said. It's already been said that PvP is a small part of the game, and illegal PvP even less so. Read Jeromy's post. How is it not constructive? You either accept and embrace the fact that this game won't have the open PvP a lot of people following it are blindly expecting or you go back and correct this, you can't have it both ways. All of the recent information points to the fact that this game will barely have open PvP, there is no need to be so nebulous about it. It's not like we haven't seen how overly punishing systems such as the karma in Black Desert and TERA work.
  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Deffcon_1 said:
    Grelf said:

    Really both your posts have said this exact same thing. I don't see how you think it's constructive to make an account just to tell people they're not being constructive. This is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen on this site, and I've seen my share.

    Nobody needs to hear that, add to the discussion or move on.
    This coming from you is hilarious. You bring nothing to the conversation. All you do is being negativity and nothing constructive. Why do you still post here? If all you want to do is break the game down, why post?
    Even with all the hype surrounding this game, the manufactured hype ratings and the lip service and the 3 or 4 people including yourself who do very little besides just go in fanboi aggro mode, I still instigated one of the most polarizing discussions on this board that you yourself have participated in multiple times. While you're not really doing anything to help your own crowd.

    I'm instigating discussion, you're worshiping things with your mouth, guess which one is constructive?

    Yep, thought so.
    What exactly have you discussed? Some concoction that the game is somehow able to be manipulated by the players. Whom you claim will always find a way to break game mechanics? Alpha talents aren't handed out like candy and no, not everyone will have access to every talent. I've already told you this but you refuse to understand that response because it completely refutes your argument. Even when you have been proven wrong, you keep coming back with the same argument. You bring stuff up for discussion and when you either get an answer / conclusion or decide one isn't possible at this time, you are supposed to move on. Don't get mad with the way people respond to you when you beat a dead horse for weeks on end.
    Didn't you spend like 2 weeks parading yourself around these forums carrying on about a grand or so you had in your pocket and debate with yourself which game was going to be lucky enough to get such a paltry sum from you? Sounds like you've been spurned away from more than a couple of specific gaming communities and came here as damaged goods to me. Now you're proceeding to behave exactly the same way that's alienated you from other games in regards to this one. I've already thrashed your posts because you're a relative new comer who hasn't even done their research on this game, I've pointed out in a couple of instances where you were spreading complete misinformation in regards to this game and you couldn't even manage to come to your own defense, and you're claiming I'm supposedly upset about something?

    You don't even understand how one gains a talent, you weren't even aware of the mechanic that was being discussed. One of the most adamant supporters of this game on this forum even took the time to tell you as much.  Yet you've managed to delude yourself into thinking you've proven me wrong when everyone besides you pointed out how ignorant you are?

    How many threads do I need to bark you off of?
    I've had no problems admitting when I was wrong and even posted it. I'm not here to be a white knight blindly defending some game. You however refuse to admit when YOU are wrong.

    What I managed to extract from your post is, you believe you've proven me wrong somewhere. Inconceivable, my thread is a hypothetical scenario about a hypothetical game, the fact that you think you have any facts, and the ones you tried to claim were actually wrong, about a hypothetical scenario speaks for itself. It's impossible to "prove me wrong" in order to do so the game will need to release and exist for a couple of years and then, maybe, you can come back and say "gotcha". But for the time being, you need to pipe down on your silly posturing, because you just sound gotten to.

    Second of all, you try to claim I'm being personal about things when the majority of things you post here consist of nothing but personal attacks against people who have legit questions about the game design. Further you say you're not a white knight. lol

    To add on top of this, you were trying to white knight Crowfall but when you weren't getting your ego stroked, you bailed and wailed. You seem like you're awfully bitter over a lot of what goes on on the forums, and you've done little since then to correct the problem. Because somehow you're convinced the problem isn't with you.

    Lastly, ahh yes, you're like the third or fourth person to say "I'm done talking to you" while you seem to do little else but follow my posts religiously. Jeromy still reads too, shit he even tracked down my hype rating of his game lol. Maybe you did fall in with the right crowd after all, you can console each other.


  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited January 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    @HabitualFrogStomp As I said, I left Crowfall because of the community and the moderators, not the game itself. Like the toxic crusaders from that community, you like to take things out of context to fit your own story. No one wants to debate you because you don't know how to debate, so here's some advice. If you want to prove you are here to "discuss" the game mechanics, then do so. Start by creating an argument or constructive criticism. The only thing you've done since your first post about CoE is bash the game.

    Again, you still don't get it. You made a valid point about "alpha talents" which was noted and accepted as possible, but highly unlikely. Your problem is 100 comments later and you still don't understand how talents are distributed, even though I've shoved it in your face, TWICE.

    Good lord, enough with your life story, you're really giving me all I need right here to form a judgement, and you're really not interesting enough for anyone to care what you did on archeage. I have no idea what you did on the crowfall forums either, I just remember you being really emo about your experiences, and you're clearly still not over it, or how I absolutely destroyed you on that other thread. So much angst.

    It's intolerable to debate with me I suppose because I know what I'm talking about, and you don't. For example, you just said I didn't know how talents were distributed when actually the exact opposite was true. You had absolutely no idea how talents were implemented in the game and apparently, you still don't. You have a documented ignorance of the topic you were attempting to debate me on, and you got handled. And that's how it went. It's still there I can go back and quote you directly if I have to. Since you left that thread embarrassed it'd probably be the proper thing to do to stop you from painfully deluding yourself.

    Oh make no mistake lad, everything about this game is hypothetical, including the discussion about it. The things I was adamant on had little to do with this game, and had to do with the nature of the industry itself. Your arguments were based on a hypothetical game, and hence didn't mean shit. But you still got schooled on that as well.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    waynejr2 said:
    Actually that would be Jeromy squealing about game's in development.

    How is Jeromy suppose to realize that not everything he says is awesomely astounding if we are not allowed to say something negative?

    I pointed out a major flaw in the pricing of the game, you know where if you are super into the game, The Story, the life, you pay more money then someone who isn't.  Why is that negative nonsense?


    So let's clear it up.  So they way you want it is "the right way" and the way they are doing it is "wrong" and a 'MAJOR FLAW'. Basically if you don't like it, then it is wrong.
    Sorry dude, what you are trying to say?
    My suggestion would be to use more words.  There is a kernel of something in there, but you've emphasized the sarcasm to quickly.

    waynejr2 said:
    Actually that would be Jeromy squealing about game's in development.

    How is Jeromy suppose to realize that not everything he says is awesomely astounding if we are not allowed to say something negative?

    I pointed out a major flaw in the pricing of the game, you know where if you are super into the game, The Story, the life, you pay more money then someone who isn't.  Why is that negative nonsense?


    So let's clear it up.  So they way you want it is "the right way" and the way they are doing it is "wrong" and a 'MAJOR FLAW'. Basically if you don't like it, then it is wrong.
    Sorry dude, what you are trying to say?
    My suggestion would be to use more words.  There is a kernel of something in there, but you've emphasized the sarcasm to quickly.

    well you don't get to say what is right or wrong for the industry.  You might not like how they are doing something and would prefer your way.  That makes your way different not better.  Nor does it make them wrong.  It is simple. 
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Rhoklaw said:
    @HabitualFrogStomp As I said, I left Crowfall because of the community and the moderators, not the game itself. Like the toxic crusaders from that community, you like to take things out of context to fit your own story. No one wants to debate you because you don't know how to debate, so here's some advice. If you want to prove you are here to "discuss" the game mechanics, then do so. Start by creating an argument or constructive criticism. The only thing you've done since your first post about CoE is bash the game.

    Again, you still don't get it. You made a valid point about "alpha talents" which was noted and accepted as possible, but highly unlikely. Your problem is 100 comments later and you still don't understand how talents are distributed, even though I've shoved it in your face, TWICE.

    Good lord, enough with your life story, you're really giving me all I need right here to form a judgement, and you're really not interesting enough for anyone to care what you did on archeage. I have no idea what you did on the crowfall forums either, I just remember you being really emo about your experiences, and you're clearly still not over it, or how I absolutely destroyed you on that other thread. So much angst.

    It's intolerable to debate with me I suppose because I know what I'm talking about, and you don't. For example, you just said I didn't know how talents were distributed when actually the exact opposite was true. You had absolutely no idea how talents were implemented in the game and apparently, you still don't. You have a documented ignorance of the topic you were attempting to debate me on, and you got handled. And that's how it went. It's still there I can go back and quote you directly if I have to. Since you left that thread embarrassed it'd probably be the proper thing to do to stop you from painfully deluding yourself.

    Oh make no mistake lad, everything about this game is hypothetical, including the discussion about it. The things I was adamant on had little to do with this game, and had to do with the nature of the industry itself. Your arguments were based on a hypothetical game, and hence didn't mean shit. But you still got schooled on that as well.
    Oh dear lord, this is getting toxic lol. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

    Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843
    Zultra said:
    Oh dear lord, this is getting toxic lol. 
    Just a standard forum PVP?
    If these types of posts upset you guys I can just imagine your reactions when you encounter a blood thirsty player armed to the teeth ready to abuse you in game heh.
    Now imagine the said griefer being 'talented'..

    What do you think the average player is going to do after someone ruins his gaming day?
    Most  are not going to get organized and call their friends to help get a revenge, no.
    Most  are going to run straight back to forums to moan about the unfair advantages of TALENTS.

    And don't give me the "but...but... there are repercussions" crap.
    Whatever price need to be paid in order to be a griefer, the griefer will gladly pay it, it's why they play the game.
    Put 'god mode' in game and no matter how hard or expensive it is to get it, you will find yourself on the bad end of it sooner then you imagine.


    I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Benjola said:
    Zultra said:
    Oh dear lord, this is getting toxic lol. 
    Just a standard forum PVP?
    If these types of posts upset you guys I can just imagine your reactions when you encounter a blood thirsty player armed to the teeth ready to abuse you in game heh.
    Now imagine the said griefer being 'talented'..

    What do you think the average player is going to do after someone ruins his gaming day?
    Most  are not going to get organized and call their friends to help get a revenge, no.
    Most  are going to run straight back to forums to moan about the unfair advantages of TALENTS.

    And don't give me the "but...but... there are repercussions" crap.
    Whatever price need to be paid in order to be a griefer, the griefer will gladly pay it, it's why they play the game.
    Put 'god mode' in game and no matter how hard or expensive it is to get it, you will find yourself on the bad end of it sooner then you imagine.


    There's a whole thread about that very topic. But these guys don't like to talk about that.

    But yeah, overall I don't know where they found these guys tbh. It's like the mythical "new player base" that SOE went for with the NGE has been manifested out of thin air by Soulbound studios. Maybe they really will make a great game, maybe they sold their souls to the devil. I'm running out of natural explanations for the naivety.

    Great game or not, these guys are in for a bad time at someone's expense.
  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited January 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    @HabitualFrogStomp Sorry, you never corrected me about talents, but if you think that happened somewhere, by all means, prove it.

    Rhoklaw said:
    Souls have predetermined talents available, which are chosen at random. So I'm afraid you are incorrect. Here's a direct quote from DJ#1.

    Maygus said:
    Talents can also be awarded by being close to the core story and/or doing heroic things.
    HabitualFrogStomp said: You've already been corrected and this was touched on numerous times in this thread already. Stop spreading misinformation. If you're going to fanboi a game, know what you're talking about first.

    Thanks.
    Rhoklaw said:
    I've been corrected? Who cares. You've just been corrected. What difference does it make.

    Owned.

    What difference does it make, eh Hill-dog? Well, you were wrong, like I said, it wasn't even me that corrected you, it was one of your fellow fan boys, like I also said. You went on and on and on about how talents can only be randomly unlocked, as your basis for not everyone having access to talents. When pointed out to you that the story can be used the unlock talents as well you kicked and pouted and stamped, just like you are right now, then said "what difference does it make?" Well, for one it completely castrates your argument. And here you still are, to this day, living in complete denial and claiming you won some kind of internet debate with me?

    lol child please, my memory is flawless, you got spanked and I'm the score keeper. I'm not going to accost your memory though, you know, you just like pouting about it.

    Actually you brought up crowfall, to me, on that very same thread. Do I need to go sifting through your drivel and prove you wrong again? Is it becoming addictive?

    The mods can decide whatever they want, it's in the book. You've been had and were mediocre.

    By the way, absolutely right, I can't be wrong. Because it feels real good to be right.



  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    @HabitualFrogStomp Sorry, you never corrected me about talents, but if you think that happened somewhere, by all means, prove it.

    Rhoklaw said:
    Souls have predetermined talents available, which are chosen at random. So I'm afraid you are incorrect. Here's a direct quote from DJ#1.

    Maygus said:
    Talents can also be awarded by being close to the core story and/or doing heroic things.
    HabitualFrogStomp said: You've already been corrected and this was touched on numerous times in this thread already. Stop spreading misinformation. If you're going to fanboi a game, know what you're talking about first.

    Thanks.
    Rhoklaw said:
    I've been corrected? Who cares. You've just been corrected. What difference does it make.

    Owned.

    What difference does it make, eh Hill-dog? Well, you were wrong, like I said, it wasn't even me that corrected you, it was one of your fellow fan boys, like I also said. You went on and on and on about how talents can only be randomly unlocked, as your basis for not everyone having access to talents. When pointed out to you that the story can be used the unlock talents as well you kicked and pouted and stamped, just like you are right now, then said "what difference does it make?" Well, for one it completely castrates your argument. And here you still are, to this day, living in complete denial and claiming you won some kind of internet debate with me?

    lol child please, my memory is flawless, you got spanked and I'm the score keeper. I'm not going to accost your memory though, you know, you just like pouting about it.

    Actually you brought up crowfall, to me, on that very same thread. Do I need to go sifting through your drivel and prove you wrong again? Is it becoming addictive?

    The mods can decide whatever they want, it's in the book. You've been had and were mediocre.



    What Maygus stated still doesn't lay claim that everyone has access to every talent, geezus man. Yes, you can unlock talents randomly but only if your soul has that talent. Devs stated that a players talents are chosen at random and it's up to them to unlock them. That doesn't mean you are going to unlock any talent you choose, you are only going to unlock talents associated with your soul.

    For example, there's a player who has some blacksmithing talent or whatever. The player however is not very fond of crafting, so more than likely he will never unlock that talent.

    This does not mean some player does something in the main story and unlocks being a Lich. That player's soul had to have the Lich talent from the beginning AND then also needed to be unlocked.

    Sorry man, you were misreading what Maygus said. Talents are unlocked by what a player does, but that does not mean players have access to every talent.

    As for the topic of Crowfall, you brought it up in this thread just as I quoted you doing. My response to you was in this thread, not some other thread. So again, get over it and accept the fact you bring shit on yourself.

    I do love your ability to quote things out of context though. You are quite good at it.
    lol You're still spreading misinformation about the game you fanboi, nothing was taken out of context. You still haven't researched this game. Wrong again colonel sanders.

    Everyone has access to talents, because everyone can participate in the story. The soulborn engine can pick players who participate in the story to have a talent when they were not previously allocated one randomly.

    Dum dum dum dum, hence:

    Everything you just started is 100% false according to jeromy walsh and the developer discussions with bicycle walrus.

    Wrong, wrong, wrong. Big red marks through everything you just wrote. What I'm good at is getting you to further incriminate yourself with your own wrongness. Anyone who has thoroughly researched the talents or really this game at all will happily tell you that you're wrong, two people already have.

    What maygus is saying is that you're wrong. Now just admit your wrong and stop wiggling and swallow your medicine. With extra crow, just for you.

    I'm glad that I could bring you being wrong on myself, it's funny watching you be so thoroughly wrong in everything you do.
  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fagn9qMNa1g

    Start at 9:45, before you bother talking more.

    You've attempted to accost my memory, when I have a photographic memory, and not knowing what I'm talking about, when I've listened to every bit of info regarding this game. Bickered and whined for months about this, challenged me to provide evidence to you that you were so adamant did not exist, then you proceed to repeat the same false information you were corrected on to begin with.

    Speaking of bringing it all on yourself.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Rhoklaw said:

    What Maygus stated still doesn't lay claim that everyone has access to every talent, geezus man. Yes, you can unlock talents randomly but only if your soul has that talent. Devs stated that a players talents are chosen at random and it's up to them to unlock them. That doesn't mean you are going to unlock any talent you choose, you are only going to unlock talents associated with your soul.

    For example, there's a player who has some blacksmithing talent or whatever. The player however is not very fond of crafting, so more than likely he will never unlock that talent.

    This does not mean some player does something in the main story and unlocks being a Lich. That player's soul had to have the Lich talent from the beginning AND then also needed to be unlocked.

    Sorry man, you were misreading what Maygus said. Talents are unlocked by what a player does, but that does not mean players have access to every talent.

    As for the topic of Crowfall, you brought it up in this thread just as I quoted you doing. My response to you was in this thread, not some other thread. So again, get over it and accept the fact you bring shit on yourself.

    I do love your ability to quote things out of context though. You are quite good at it.
    Whoa hold up there...

    Lich isn't a talent, need to performing dark deeds and a ritual I believe (been hinted at back and forth) in order to become a lich as you remove your soul into a phylactery and gain the immortality *until said phylactory is destroyed*

    Now as a Lich you will have a talent/magic, but I don't know if that is tied to the character type or the soul... I think it might be tied to the character of being a Lich.



    Also... Talents CAN be latent on the soul and you won't know until you unlock them via set means OR they can be earned via partaking close the the on-going core story at the time.

    E.G. A dragon is ravaging the land, by adventuring, chasing and attempting to fight it you proc some special talent skewed towards warding off and/or defeating that dragon. Scenario I thought up for context only




    -- Now back on topic laddies and ladettes, this be about PvP not nitpicking other thread discussions --
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

    If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited January 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    @HabitualFrogStomp Well, I decided to find your BW video that talks about talents and how they are acquired and / or unlocked. As far as I can tell, BW tries to quote Jeromy as stating, "If a story plot requires a certain talent to be present in order for the story to progress. What does the soulbourn engine do about it?" Now, BW doesn't state a confirmed response, but he does say that "he believes" Jeromy said the players involved in the story will somehow unlock said talent in order to progress the story. So, if this is true, then yes, perhaps its possible to unlock a talent by being involved in the story. However, does that mean EVERYONE has access to EVERY talent which is what you originally claimed. The answer is still no and what I stated is still the case. Every soul has talents selected at random and those talents still need to be unlocked before they can be used. So, I was wrong about talents being restricted to souls only, but you were also wrong about everyone having access to every talent. So if anything, you created a straw man argument to justify your own victory in the discussion. I guess all that happened here was we proved each other wrong.
    Every soul is eligible to obtain a talent and MAY or MAY NOT have a specific talent prebaked into it.

    But to obtain a talent RNG you need to be doing heroic and/or core story things (following the hints and tips from NPCs etc. / going after that big bad monster!) or even doing something heroic (slaying a powerful monster that's nesting in some deep woods, obtaining a high-level of fame? unknown... we haven't had much released on this as yet).

    Overall the CHANCE of the RNG is extremely low unless you are partaking in the story.


    When the magic DJ comes out it'll reveal much more in depth and make it clearer.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

    If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Rhoklaw said:
    @HabitualFrogStomp Well, I decided to find your BW video that talks about talents and how they are acquired and / or unlocked. As far as I can tell, BW tries to quote Jeromy as stating, "If a story plot requires a certain talent to be present in order for the story to progress. What does the soulbourn engine do about it?" Now, BW doesn't state a confirmed response, but he does say that "he believes" Jeromy said the players involved in the story will somehow unlock said talent in order to progress the story. So, if this is true, then yes, perhaps its possible to unlock a talent by being involved in the story. However, does that mean EVERYONE has access to EVERY talent which is what you originally claimed. The answer is still no and what I stated is still the case. Every soul has talents selected at random and those talents still need to be unlocked before they can be used. So, I was wrong about talents being restricted to souls only, but you were also wrong about everyone having access to every talent. So if anything, you created a straw man argument to justify your own victory in the discussion. I guess all that happened here was we proved each other wrong.
    Yeah I'm sure...you decided to "find it" when I decided to find it for you stating the exact opposite of everything you've had the say on the topic. In the video I posted Jeromy states explicitly, "YES that is CORRECT". How much more evidence do I really need to provide you, do I need to come over there and tattoo it on your forehead for you to get it?

    You not only were wrong, you seem to lack the understand of simple word definitions. You seem to think having access=will have. All players have access to talents. That is factual, it can not be refuted unless Soulborn studios specifically excludes certain players from having talents in the random pool or gaining them by participating in the story via their personal details or credit card details or some other method. Otherwise, every single human being will have equal access to a talent when the purchase the game, and further when they participate in the story.

    Fact.

    I guess all that happened was you were wrong and you're still weaseling around, because I'm certainly not wrong about anything, sport.

    Keep digging that hole deeper for yourself, I'll keep kicking the dirt down.
  • BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843
    Rhoklaw said:

    Benjola said:
    Zultra said:
    Oh dear lord, this is getting toxic lol. 
    Just a standard forum PVP?
    If these types of posts upset you guys I can just imagine your reactions when you encounter a blood thirsty player armed to the teeth ready to abuse you in game heh.
    Now imagine the said griefer being 'talented'..

    What do you think the average player is going to do after someone ruins his gaming day?
    Most  are not going to get organized and call their friends to help get a revenge, no.
    Most  are going to run straight back to forums to moan about the unfair advantages of TALENTS.

    And don't give me the "but...but... there are repercussions" crap.
    Whatever price need to be paid in order to be a griefer, the griefer will gladly pay it, it's why they play the game.
    Put 'god mode' in game and no matter how hard or expensive it is to get it, you will find yourself on the bad end of it sooner then you imagine.


    Again, speculating, cherry picking scenarios that may or may not ever happen. Sure, in the likely chance that one particular griefer happens to score it big with a nice talent, then what? He goes on a killing spree? Good for him, now he's just increased his chance of perma death when he gets killed. Yes, thats right. Players who go on killing sprees actually put themselves at a higher risk of perma death. So, while speculating is fun, the fact remains that mechanics are in place to make griefers earn their reputation.
    You seem to think that our villain will give two shits about 'increased chance of perma death when he gets killed'.
    Have you played PVP MMOs before dude?
    Have you ever played EVE before?
    There are full guilds commited to nothing but griefing people.
    I know people that spend thousands of dollars on games.
    If there's a chance a talent can be aquired at 'birth' of your character I fully expect for a sociopath with money to keep buying sparks on different accounts until he gets one.
    And you think he is going to care about losing it few months before it's intended?

    Open world PVP with a clear death penalty for the loser AND possible 'god mode' for the ganker?
    That's griefer's heaven right there and a massive sociopath magnet.
    And with these talents in game it might only take a very few psycho whales to ruin the game for everyone else.

    But hey let's imagine that gamers are all friendly joyful and inteligent bunch and ignore advices from players that have been PVPing with the best and the worst of them for years.

    I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

  • Deffcon_1Deffcon_1 Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Benjola said:
    Rhoklaw said:

    Benjola said:
    Zultra said:




    The only way to unlock a talent is to play the game. Therefore, no one will be able to just pump money into buying souls and sparks and be born with a talent. The system doesnt work that way. Seeing as the story wont revolve around PvP, those focusing purely on PvP will be far less likely to unlock a talent.
Sign In or Register to comment.