Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's All in Where You Stand - PvP Zones & Flagging Explained - Albion Online News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageIt's All in Where You Stand - PvP Zones & Flagging Explained - Albion Online News

The Albion Online site has been updated with a new developer blog to give players a look at how the PvP system is being altered after extensive player testing during alpha events.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Oops , lets try this out. Why even have green? Just all yellow and if you attack in the yellow, you're flagged, you can attack flagged, then your flag is your choice.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    How about a PvE server?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Nope don't like it at all,i think pvp zoning just removes sections of the game world for those who can't stand pvp.

If you are trying to sell any remote possibility of a PVE game,then you need to make pvp fully conditional and then in that case why bother,i would rather go play a fps to pvp.

I was thinking WHY can't devs understand the whole concept and then it came to me.The simple reason is that plausible pvp in a real scenario ONLY happens because we live life 24/7.
    When we game it is not a 24/7 life experience,it is a random few hours a day,sometimes maybe only 1 hour or less.
    SO even th dumbest developer should understand that if a player is just popping in for one hour,why on earth would he want to ruin his whole hour on pvp,that means ZERO pve gaming.

Like i said if i was going to just go in a game to play pvp for an hour ,i would definitely not pick a rpg to do it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    flizzer said:
    How about a PvE server?
    Yes that is one way and likely the best way to do it.I cannot see a single person saying "ok i don't like pvp,i am quite happy that you are taking away 30% of my maps to cater to your pvp.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Wizardry said:
    Nope don't like it at all,i think pvp zoning just removes sections of the game world for those who can't stand pvp.

If you are trying to sell any remote possibility of a PVE game,then you need to make pvp fully conditional and then in that case why bother,i would rather go play a fps to pvp.

I was thinking WHY can't devs understand the whole concept and then it came to me.The simple reason is that plausible pvp in a real scenario ONLY happens because we live life 24/7.
    When we game it is not a 24/7 life experience,it is a random few hours a day,sometimes maybe only 1 hour or less.
    SO even th dumbest developer should understand that if a player is just popping in for one hour,why on earth would he want to ruin his whole hour on pvp,that means ZERO pve gaming.

Like i said if i was going to just go in a game to play pvp for an hour ,i would definitely not pick a rpg to do it.
    +1 Pretty much. MMORPGs just suck when it comes to PvP. I just don't understand why they want to restrict PvE players to zones if they want to avoid getting ganked and or gang raped. Why can't devs of these games make the entire game world open and PvP completely optional? I am a PvP'er at heart but in this type of game I want to be able to farm and do PvE without and PvP at all. The whole risk vs. reward things is BS. 
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    They admit there is a much larger group not much in to PvP. PvE server seems like an easy decision. Let the hardcore PvP types jump on each other and leave the rest alone.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    How about Albion just don't be wishy washy and pick one, either you're pvp or pve. Pick one, I would vote pvp and tell anyone that wants pve to get lost, this is a pvp game, we want full loot hardcore, prideful, open world for pvp players. This is pvp, get lost if you want to play a pve game go somewhere else. Now the challenge is, how do you make it fun?
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    edited November 2015
    Albion is a player conflict game. Be it straight stab you in the face, resource gathering, crafting market, trade market, raising horses and carrots, etc.

Remove the conflict and the need for PVP/PVE players is gone.

There aren't amazingly complicated PVE dungeons to raid, challenging quests, a narrative, etc.

If people are free to just grind away till the max out, there isn't a high demand for non-combat folks or others in general.

The whole point seems to be risk vs reward and a reliance on others either to provide you with a challenge to overcome or resources to do so.

Still debating if I'm going to play, but the colored zone design seems to work, but hopefully expands down the line offering more than just one path to follow with risk vs reward. They could offer a PVE world, but seems to go against the vision of the game and would require them putting resources into basically an entirely different design. Unless PVE folks are fine grinding on boars and bears forever.