Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So far not impressed ( and I am easy to impress).

13»

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    DMKano said:
    Just so you are aware - ESO downloads are done via CDNs (which all mmo companies use) so if you are experiencing issues it might be isolated CDN servera in your area being overloaded.

So yes while ZoS is not directly responsible for CDN load issues, it is unfortunate that you are having issues. 
    Yeah, but the launcher is somewhat buggy. Not the first game with that problem, AoC comes to thoughts (it is probably fine by now though).

It could of course be an overheated server or some other issue but OP isn't the first one complain about having problems with downloading the game.

I don't think it is a reason for a refund though. Reboot the computer, start the launcher and go to work or something and the game is hopefully done when you are home. Still, Zenimax could optimize the launcher a bit more.
  • R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited December 2015
    sonicbrew said:
    HeroEngine sums it all up...
    It sums up the fact that ESO doesnt run on HE. 

One look at the graphics in this game tells a completely different story.  The character models are overly simplistic, the zones are small, the terrain geometry is way behind even 2 year old mmo's.  Absolutely everything about the graphics design screams console.  The fact that it basically looks identical minus some AA and AF on consoles only reinforces that.  ESO is quite possibly one of the ugliest MMO's released in quite awhile.

Don't fool yourself that because the PC version came out first it was designed for PC's.  PC players just got to beta test for the consoles.

Looks OK to me. The problem ESO has is crappy default color/hue/contrast/sharpnes scheme. It makes the game look blurry and washed out. On console youd be SOL but not on PC. Just load up your DLL injector of choice and tweak the settings to your liking. One of the many reasons to join PCMR ;)

Anyway, if theres anything wrong with visuals that cant be easily fixed with some 3rd party magic its the animations, many of which really arent on par with other AAA games. 
    Post edited by R3d.Gallows on
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Loke666 said:
    DMKano said:
    Just so you are aware - ESO downloads are done via CDNs (which all mmo companies use) so if you are experiencing issues it might be isolated CDN servera in your area being overloaded.

So yes while ZoS is not directly responsible for CDN load issues, it is unfortunate that you are having issues. 
    Yeah, but the launcher is somewhat buggy. Not the first game with that problem, AoC comes to thoughts (it is probably fine by now though).

It could of course be an overheated server or some other issue but OP isn't the first one complain about having problems with downloading the game.

I don't think it is a reason for a refund though. Reboot the computer, start the launcher and go to work or something and the game is hopefully done when you are home. Still, Zenimax could optimize the launcher a bit more.
    They need to work a bit on making sure version checking is stable. That has been a pain for me a couple of times now.
    Unfortunately this has been ESO's achilles' heel all along - their QC on basic elements has always sucked. It has been happening for so long and so frequently that you have to think that someone, somewhere in a position of leadership thinks that small annoying bugs don't matter and don't affect the public's perception... wrong on both counts.

Just yesterday I was leveling yet a new alt in the AD. There is a quest in the starter island where a woman runs to greet you through an archway to tell you her son is being held captive. There hasn't been anything wrong with this quest since the game launched but now, for some reason, the NPC has trouble negotiating running through the arch and bounces from one wall to the other...

Later on I was in the first public dungeon doing the group challenge that gives you a skill point for completion. One of the mobs summoned a wolf that got stuck inside a large rock and couldn't attack or be attacked preventing the encounter from completing...

And then there is the bogus launcher manifest error that causes a lot of people to waste time and bandwidth by re-downloading the game when you could just close the launcher and restart it to make the false error message go away...

This things should have been dealt with months ago. First impressions matter. 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Iselin said:

And then there is the bogus launcher manifest error that causes a lot of people to waste time and bandwidth by re-downloading the game when you could just close the launcher and restart it to make the false error message go away...

This things should have been dealt with months ago. First impressions matter. 
    Now, I realize that being an IT professional for a living gives me a different perspective than the average user, but ffs, people are really re-downloading the game because the launcher throws an exception?

I mean, anyone in their right mind turns it off and on again just to be sure.

Back on topic, I know how people playing TESO feel when it comes to QOL bugs.  I mean Age of Conan has had some QOL bugs that are really annoying for more than five years now.  There are constant requests on forums and in bug reports to fix them and nothing is done.

But if a bug crops up after a patch that's actually beneficial to the players, like say a loot box starts dropping better loot than it was supposed to, or a door that's supposed to be locked can be walked through, then holy shit they're on top of that bug like a starving man on a piece of bread.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I have only ran into one annoying bug since launch and that was early on in the Banished Cells where the first warden quest wouldnt trigger. Nothing since. Must be a record hearing some talk.
  • SixpaxSixpax Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Ikifales said:
    Hariken said:
    Its an mmo made for consoles. Bethesda as a company is moving to all console platform. They will port to PC for the extra money but that's it. You need to look for an mmo made for PC these days. And the download is truly the worse i've ever had to deal with. Most mmo's might take a little over and hour tops. ESO takes more than 4 hours. This is BS and i don't care what fanboys say.
    You got that backwards champ. It was ported to console from PC...

Yeah, i'm gonna go ahead and disagree there mmmkay?

One look at the graphics in this game tells a completely different story.  The character models are overly simplistic, the zones are small, the terrain geometry is way behind even 2 year old mmo's.  Absolutely everything about the graphics design screams console.  The fact that it basically looks identical minus some AA and AF on consoles only reinforces that.  ESO is quite possibly one of the ugliest MMO's released in quite awhile.

Don't fool yourself that because the PC version came out first it was designed for PC's.  PC players just got to beta test for the consoles.
    lolwut?

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    TESO is massively overhyped here because it dramatically improved since launch. It isn't until you play it again that you realize it's still an insult to the Elder Scrolls series.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

PC version only recently got controller support, AFTER the console versions were released.

• jgn77jgn77 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I'm sorry but this thread is a waste of space. You have some technical issues and therefore are not impressed with the game? I was expecting a thoughtful review with valid points and counter points but instead I got this trash.