Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please enlight me

2»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Psycrovv said:
    I rather crawl out of shawshanks prison sewers than involve my self in these games

That could be a great game.

Thief: Deadly Prison Sewers of Shawshank, coming to Steam soon. :D

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    Indie game XD   Im starting crowdfund now !

• PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 356
    edited December 2015
    Well a quick update, as I said in my post above it really did make up my mind, and I really did buy the game. 

First evening (Friday) was hell, restarted 3 times, couldnt figure out controls and so on, went to bed as it was already 1am when I got the game. So next day I thought ok I have to sort out key bindings, did a bit of keyboard and mouse to figure out what I would need but ended up searching on google and found xbox controller key bindings. Took me about 2-3 hours to get the controls setup.  Then I started doing a few courier missions, docking was painful, crashed into the suns, stars, docks, run out of fuel 3 times while being to lazy to check my route, landed but facing the wrong way, crashed into other players accidentally shot the station and got a fine, followed by bounty when I didnt pay, restarted again but slowly got the hang of my sidewinder and what its about. That was Saturday

Sunday, courier missions and exploring were bringing money in got the grasp of what to do and managed to save enough money to buy an Adder (that was exciting). Monday, have some ranking so courier missions are becoming more profitable and easier to find, figured out my own trading route which is not very good but its a start. I am about 290k short for a Cobra MK3. 

Now I am thinking whether to buy an Eagle and start getting into bounty hunting and fighting or to fly a long way to a mining location, and equip my adder for some mining, or carry on and save up for a cobra and then try to do some of this.

I've been interdicted about 5-6 times, a few times it was an NPC and in my Sidewinder I ended up telling the NPC to kill me already so I can move on :)

All in all, fantastic, but after teh first 3 hours I did for a second think did I make a mistake, do I have time and will to slow down and learn this. On my second day, I made coffee, sat down with pen and paper and went ok, lets figure this out.

So far my experience, hard but it keeps drawing me back. More than all the MMOs I played recently and I cant really explain why.

PS. I am docking super fast now in my adder, easy once you know how, dont want to waste a slot for a docking computer, only problem is seeing where to dock on some platforms and figuring out where the entrance is on others but as there are a limited number of station types I have now learned most of them. 

You do learn to play the game its not pick up and play design. 
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Have fun smuggling recreational drugs into monastery stations ;-)

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    Congratz on figuring the game out but i work hard every day and i dont have the patience to take my anger out on a pen and paper and spend 3 days on how to play a game i shortlky will loose interrest in ahyway prolly.

Also i dont drink coffee

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    I work hard every day too.  I did research, found out I could use a controller..  And actually, the flying part is quite easy to do.  The complexity of the game is in all of it's other systems, and lack of direction the game offers a new player. 

You don't like flying games.  No big deal.  Why are you posting anyways?