Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift - pvp gear and expansion questions

PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
Last time I played Rift, I remember having to grind out each tier of pvp gear just to get to the most recent one. So you would first have to grind out the first tier then hand those in with tokens for the second, then hand in the second tier with tokens for the third etc.

Is this system still in place, or can new players grind out the most recent pvp gear once they hit level cap?

Also, can I buy the expansion just by itself with a credit card or do they make you buy batches of whatever the Rift cash is called in order to spend a portion of that on the expansion?

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited November 2015
    The gear in pvp right now it's good and is not the best you can get but it's really good place now then befor.

If you want to just pvp then that gear from pvp as it's drops from a RNG pvp box best there is if you don't want to raid or don't have the time for it then it's good.

The Gear from pvp box have more hp then other gear get from pvp box for a lost of attack power is all about how you want to build your self more hp with little less damage lost so can stay up longer or full on damage that part going take alot thinking befor you can upgrade them, as it takes time alot time to farm the favor.

But yes the system is in place if new players get a tier higher in a few weeks it's going be upgraded so hold on to pvp box if you want too wait for the buff to the box.

And you don't have to buy any expansion if you want too, but if you want too aim for the one that unlocks the ear slot is the cheaper pack for nightmare tie, or just grind it out if don't want it to have your ear slot unlocked ingame.

But the favor grind is very long if want to spend money in the game get there patron makes you job easyer if want to grind out the favor faster more bang for your buck.

Last part try out pvp at max level, right now the unbalance is real so you may hate it or like it so don't spend money unless you willing to stay in how pvp is with group comp set up.