Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letter to Your Vanilla Self

VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
Fun exercise...

Post below a letter you'd send to your self before or during Vanilla!

Comments

• VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413

Mine:

Simple Advice -

• predicting and preventing dps spikes is healing, get preemptive!

• cross-realm grouping will eventually be possible; friendlist ftw!

• tunneling services work well, pay for it when needed (above 100 ping)

• pay for and maintain a 3rd party voip solution

• play on a server physically nearby (probably won't need tunneling)

• maintain a team of max level geared characters in all expansions

• buy sub by the year

• make two Druids; one melee (kitty/bear) one magic (resto/balance)

• for God's sake keep video card upgraded; fps is crucial

Tongue in Cheek Advice -

• jousting mechanics will suck for yeeeeaaaarrrsss

• 3d is a fad and will suck

• the game will shift focus from tactics/execution/preperation to twitch reaction

• spend more time with your kids

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    This is not the game for you, start playing EVE now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    edited November 2015
    OWPVP will become highly popularized mythology, thanks to 'honor points' and all of the fun(?) that follows.

Before that, it's mostly warstomp. Yawn. Don't bother playing Alliance (at all) for several patches. Then go Pally for a few.

Charge will remain broken for half of the lifetime of the game, as will Vanish.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    edited November 2015
    Dear past Self,

This is your future self, please play (9, 15, 24, 39 and 41, plus the Mega Ball of 1) on November 4 2014. Since I'm getting this number from an already established winning ticket here in the future, you will pretty much be splitting the prize of $326 Million.

Yours truly,
    Your future Self

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Kyleran said:
    This is not the game for you, start playing EVE now.
    P.S. Play EvE instead of Wow and keep skill training

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    OWPVP will become highly popularized mythology, thanks to 'honor points' and all of the fun(?) that follows.

Before that, it's mostly warstomp. Yawn. Don't bother with Alliance for several patches. Then go Pally for a few.

How was vanish broken exactly?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Dear past Self,

You have lots of great ideas where to take this wonderful game in the future, but unfortunately none of them will become reality. Instead, expansion by expansion they will change the game towards Hello Kitty and Pokemon and you can eventually play it on your mobile phone, so enjoy the game now when it still plays like an RPG.

Sincerely Yours,

Your future Self
  • Marian1979Marian1979 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    STOP PLAY wow  and  get  a life.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Sephiroso said:

Before that, it's mostly warstomp. Yawn. Don't bother with Alliance for several patches. Then go Pally for a few.

How was vanish broken exactly?
    Which time? That's a simplistic but realistic answer. It was fixed then scrapped then fixed again then scrapped again...oh now it's overpowered, back to the shop...

Client and serverside disagreements over where (exactly) the avatar actually was at any given time, horked up a lot of Blizzard pvp code for just...years.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Dear past self.   I can see you are not playing wow because you refuse to pay a subscription fee.  You haven't missed anything.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Make sure to protect your back.
    At the first sign of drama, run.
    Avoid women on the internet.
    Don't become a raid leader.
    Maybe its better if you just don't buy the game.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I would like to say, but it would reveal some of the secret codes I created as a kid so I could identify my future self in either time travel or document travel forms. In any case, I would tell myself to purchase about $100,000.00 in bitcoins back in the day.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Just play 3 months a year and it will stay fun forever...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Dear past Self,

This is your future self, please play (9, 15, 24, 39 and 41, plus the Mega Ball of 1) on November 4 2014. Since I'm getting this number from an already established winning ticket here in the future, you will pretty much be splitting the prize of $326 Million.

Yours truly,
    Your future Self

Dear self, this is what someone else wrote, you want to get the ticket the previous game on Oct 31, 2014 and here are the numbers:  67 11 58 36 29 with mega 15
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

To self,

Take it slow, Vanilla World of Warcraft is not going away.  You'll be playing it forever !

Yes, I'm still playing Vanilla World of Warcraft.  Infact, six real life friends from work play together during the winter months two days a week.

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323
    1) Put more effort into raiding and enjoying everything Vanilla has to offer and then quit cold turkey before Burning Crusade.

2) Never resub and try to enjoy the memories that Vanilla WoW offered, because every expansion thereafter destroys nearly all effort put forth.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited December 2015
    To me,

Enjoy classic era WoW while you can, everything becomes even easier and more solo-focused than it already is (if you can imagine), OW PvP goes down the shitter, and everything you spend your time earning will be replaced by the first round of quests in the next expansion... every expansion... for the next 10 years.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Don't get too attached to it because in the next expansion everything will change, for the worse.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Dullahan said:
    To me,

Enjoy classic era WoW while you can, everything becomes even easier and more solo-focused than it already is (if you can imagine), OW PvP goes down the shitter, and everything you spend your time earning will be replaced by the first round of quests in the next expansion... every expansion... for the next 10 years.
    Thast why you should have learned by now to treat every expansion as their own game in the Warcraft universe...

Thast what MMO's are about advancement...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    edited December 2015
    Don't ever join that PvE progression guild, you won't even get that neat set you wanted in the end because you'll continually push more content that you aren't ready for and get frustrated as hell.

Focus on one thing at a time: either PvP or PvE and don't try to do everything at once. 

Have more FUN with the game and be relaxed about playing it, or you'll get burned out super fast every expansion.

Play a tank, you'll turn out to be pretty decent with it eventually.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Dear Self

Don't forget to have that prenuptial signed and sealed.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    edited December 2015
    Keep playing ffxi cause you won't like wow and save some money instead.
    P.S. don't keep hopes for a new ff title cause it will be called ffxiv and it will be coping wow.
  • LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Rhoklaw said:
    Dear Self,

This game will ruin every other MMO for the next decade, oh and buy as many shares of Apple as you can afford.
    I was going to say the same thing. Buy all the apple stock, accumulate wealth. Create better MMO.
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    edited December 2015
    Dear Fascism,

I know after you played the CB you said you would never play WoW but 10 years from now you will play the worgen starting zone and almost get to lv 17 before you uninstall, way to stick to your guns faggot.
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    One other thing; play EQ 2 instead. It follows largely the same path WoW did (decent, then downhill fast) but has actually decent lore and atmosphere. And far better music and graphics. And even better gameplay, in certain areas (not combat).