Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 4 is.... Short

124»

Comments

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Phlacc said:
    Leon1e said:

Are we going to start again with ... "Who's AngryJoe", "Reviewer wannabe" and shit like that? 
    Oh god, IMO I think this guy is an idiot. He's good at what he sets out to do though, entertain the kids. His show isn't a "review show", his videos are short skits with nothing more than gimmicks. If you are in your late 20's or even older and watch his videos for actual reviews, then you are also an idiot.
    I like his videos and found he at least tells it like it is with these games. I always found when a person calls someone an idiot he turns out to be the only idiot in the room. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    I went 55ish hours before the BoS airship showed up. Side quests finding stuff. Still not that far in and currently on 68 hours.
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Don't worry, some DLC will be available shortly. $$ ; D
    -Chuckles
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Yes, it does seem a bit short, indeed.

However, my main problem is more, that there are too many meaningless MMO-like chain quests. Always a new Settlement to create, always another random fedex for the Brotherhood of Steel asf. All factions have endless of these totally meaningless quests, which just keep you busy. When I did LOTS of them, and the story, and I had advanced to level 47 in the end, there still was a LOT of places I had never been to, and I wondered, what did I miss?

I went into random places I had not been to, and there were many dead NPC with names. Maybe quest related? I dont know. I thought I was relatively thorough, but... no clue.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    edited November 2015
    Blazeyer said:
    I'm 25 hours in and haven't hit diamond city. I mean if you just rush to the end I guess... but that's on you.
    21 hours in and I finally crawled the first dungeon, the one with Red Tourette. =)

I feel somewhat bad about killing her after reading about what her situation was after the fact.
    josko9 said:
    Well to be honest Fallout 4 is in no way as long as the Witcher 3 nor on that quality level. So I can't blame when other people rush it..It kinda sucks playing Fallout 4 after the Witcher 3..

Still it should take an average gamer about 100-200h to complete Fallout 4, which means most of the players will be done with Fallout 4 till the end of the year.

Welp, glad I just got Witcher 3 on steam sale and plan to play it after Fallout.
    Iselin said:
    So yeah... I'm shocked how fast the game came to an end. 
    So you took your cake, ate all the frosting and then you said "all done!" I guess we all enjoy cake in different ways.

I'm level 35, have maxed influence with a couple of companions and working on a third (you get nice perks from doing that,) I was the Silver Shadow for a while, been doing lots of quests for The Railroad... and I just got into The Institute. I've got a lot of cake left.
    I was waiting to read your last sentence when you say "Haven't been to diamond city yet."

Oh well
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    So you took your cake, ate all the frosting and then you said "all done!" I guess we all enjoy cake in different ways.

I'm level 35, have maxed influence with a couple of companions and working on a third (you get nice perks from doing that,) I was the Silver Shadow for a while, been doing lots of quests for The Railroad... and I just got into The Institute. I've got a lot of cake left.
    I was waiting to read your last sentence when you say "Haven't been to diamond city yet."

Oh well
    I'm level 49, finished the main story line and still playing and finding new things.. man that witchcraft museum was creepy :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Well its more the goal you set for the game. Yours sounding like 'how fast I can run through this content'  Looking at that way yes FO4 could be seen as short.  But story isn't what FO4 excels at. It functions much better as a set of systems that allow you to play the way you want.  Looking at it that way you could play FO4 for hours and barely scratch the surface.

I'm more the latter.

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178
    I am pretty lucky that I go back and do mods in games. otherwise this game would have been pretty unplayable(PC). I have a super large monitor and I could not see my lock picking, My vision was tunneled, My power suit dials were partially hidden. So I went to the mod site to read up for an hour. Slowly fixed each problem. I now have 1600x1200 screen view-able picking, 90 degree vision. and can see my suit dials. I was pretty pissed because this is the first time I had to mod first then play a finished game out of the box so to speak. After getting all that done I have played for 140 hours one character finished all 4 possible endings. I was also disappointing by those like some said and the conversation blows. I am still exploring just found the alien ship and helped the Constitution. I will get my monies worth out of the game but it was unfinished for pc at release. Thank you Nexus mods for making it playable.

PS I did no mods except those to be able to play. I will save those for later.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    I'm making sure to do every side quest because I know I won't do them after I finish the main story.

There are a TON of side quests.  It also seems like there's a big quest for every companion (and there are A LOT of companions) if you get them to like you enough.

The one for the detective companion took me a few hours on it's own.

Seems like there's a metric ton of content and voiceover work in this game- but you will miss most of it if you just follow the main story.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    If you rush through it, sure. But even then, there's a ton of content outside of the main storyline, so does it even matter?
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Roin said:
    Any game is fast if you speed run it. Hell there are games that reward you for it.  (Original Metroid, Resident Evil, just off top of my head)
    IIRC, using game bugs, Morrowind could be finished in about a quarter hour.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    That's because you played it the wrong way.
    If you just want to focus on the main story it is up to you.
    But that's not how you play Bethesda RPGs.
    Fallout is not Dragon Age

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Pynda said:
    I think you guys barking at the OP for rushing might be overlooking one pertinent fact. If your character can indeed have the power to complete a main story line when rushing, then I would consider the whole game design seriously flawed. A good open world RPG should absolutely require you to complete a LOT of minor content before you will even stand a remote chance of being able to finish.

But sadly, in my view there are more implications of most games being "console ports" these days than just accommodating for their technical shortcomings.
    I couldn't possibly disagree more with this, this sounds horribly restrictive.

A good Open world RPG to me lets me do what i want when i want to do it, i don't want to be forced to do things on the side to progress in the thing i was enjoying.

I dont mind things being a little more difficult, but they should always be possible.

Forcing people through side quests does not belong in the fallout or skyrim series, side quests should be optional fun, not a requirement.
  • mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Pynda said:
    I think you guys barking at the OP for rushing might be overlooking one pertinent fact. If your character can indeed have the power to complete a main story line when rushing, then I would consider the whole game design seriously flawed. A good open world RPG should absolutely require you to complete a LOT of minor content before you will even stand a remote chance of being able to finish.

But sadly, in my view there are more implications of most games being "console ports" these days than just accommodating for their technical shortcomings.
    I couldn't possibly disagree more with this, this sounds horribly restrictive.

A good Open world RPG to me lets me do what i want when i want to do it, i don't want to be forced to do things on the side to progress in the thing i was enjoying.

I dont mind things being a little more difficult, but they should always be possible.

Forcing people through side quests does not belong in the fallout or skyrim series, side quests should be optional fun, not a requirement.
    So you go out to a restaurant for a meal and intend to have a lovely steak.  Before the steak, they bring you a scrumptious appetiser, then with the steak comes potato, mushrooms, fries, side salad, all followed by a lovely chocolate fudge cake.  You pay for it all, but you only the meat and leave everything else.  You walk out and complain that the meal didn't satisfy you and didn't fill you up, so you didn't get value for money.

Yes, you went out for a steak, but there whole meal deal was so much more than that, but you chose to ignore it.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I kind of want to start over because I feel like I helped the wrong faction, The Railroad.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DalanonDalanon Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Fallout is like sex, if it's short you're doing it wrong.

Not all who wander are lost...

• PhlaccPhlacc Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Brenics said:
    Phlacc said:
    Leon1e said:

Are we going to start again with ... "Who's AngryJoe", "Reviewer wannabe" and shit like that? 
    Oh god, IMO I think this guy is an idiot. He's good at what he sets out to do though, entertain the kids. His show isn't a "review show", his videos are short skits with nothing more than gimmicks. If you are in your late 20's or even older and watch his videos for actual reviews, then you are also an idiot.
    I like his videos and found he at least tells it like it is with these games. I always found when a person calls someone an idiot he turns out to be the only idiot in the room. 
    Nice, coming from someone who likes watching some guy dress up and yell at the camera just for the purpose of degrading the gaming industry. That's all his videos are, that is it. He plays a game, he yells about it.....

That's why only "fools" like his videos. People that can be fooled into thinking there is some actual, "review" there. So.........your dumb