Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So you are aging, but...

DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
are you still useful when you are lets say 80 years old? what can you still do for your kingdom, family or guld when you are old?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2015
    Get rich or really good life insurance. It would be funny if this game had life insurance policies.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited November 2015
    Negotiation, treaty's, study another craft to get a boost on your next life depending on your planned play style.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • AlyssaImagineAlyssaImagine Member UncommonPosts: 13
    When you are younger, you will be able to be an Explorer or Adventurer, but when you get older you will want to retire and look into a hobby. Bard, Fish, Gather, do some task that doesn't require a ton of physical abilities. Maybe just be a Merchant, a teacher, ect. If you are a King, you only need to be there to make sure the Kingdom is in proper order, no need to go out on a battlefield. Just oversee, make plans, make sure your heir is learning the skills needed to take your place, so that when you die and take over the heir some skill building is already taken care of. :P
    Sign up for Ashes of Creation: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/HanaSyde/

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Daikuru said:
    are you still useful when you are lets say 80 years old? what can you still do for your kingdom, family or guld when you are old?
    If you are also willing to reroll immediately you can start taking risks and let your char die off, or even kill him purposefully...

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    If you're say a kung-fu master as you get older you should get more powerful and be able to one-hit-kill people with your iron palm technique.  Yes in societies with bad diets the older you get the less you do but in some societies you still work even your 80s.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IndirectPvPIndirectPvP Member CommonPosts: 8
    Yeah! Who says old people cannot fight on the front lines a ripe old age.  The Elyrian lives to 80-120 years... That is 2 or 3 times longer than our medieval counterparts. (Obviously these numbers are for the people who value safety over danger). Just because the risk of permadeath will be higher doesn't mean you have to be stuck inside watching the world go by.  I personally refuse to sit on my hands and watch.  I'll pay the nickels and dimes to participate in life!!!   Sweet, sweet virtual life.
  • LyingShadowsLyingShadows Member CommonPosts: 4
    You also have to remember the teaching system. You can teach your skills to others, so if you have been an adventure your entire young life, you can when you become old, join a school / university or make your own school. 

Then start teaching for money, to help others and yourself, then you can get a lot of moneyzz!! and then give it to someone you trust to give it to your new (younger) self when you create a new character and go adventuring again. 
  • GrelfGrelf Member UncommonPosts: 37
    There are other things you get with age, so you will have to be dynamic and change your playstyle somewhat as you age. It's probably a good idea to have something in mind for you to do when you get old.
  • JedzeaJedzea Member CommonPosts: 2
    Wisdom comes with age -- you get to be the "sage" of the lands around your homestead
  • VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Jedzea said:
    Wisdom comes with age -- you get to be the "sage" of the lands around your homestead
    This is literal as well as metaphorical.

As you age, your physical stats wain and your wisdom will start to increase, making you less suited for combat but more suited for intellectual pursuits.
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    not just intellectual but leadership as well. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • SkraedosSkraedos Member CommonPosts: 1
    I can't wait to be old just to do what Bronn dreams of. Have my sons groveling at my deathbed for my fortune as I drink wine to the grave. Ahhh, sweet death, your kiss incomparable.
  • Kerios_DarkbladeKerios_Darkblade Member CommonPosts: 3
    I think and a few people here have answered it very well, what i can't wait to do at an older age is pass on my wisdom to the next generation, Also as person looking to start a "guild / house / Org" passing on wisdom and experience is what i love to do. So yeah i cant wait to age and also you never know you may die at 30 or younger, So you need to kinda know what to accomplish and not in the game but with that life.
    please check out the game my friend code is:438A6D

• VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I think and a few people here have answered it very well, what i can't wait to do at an older age is pass on my wisdom to the next generation, Also as person looking to start a "guild / house / Org" passing on wisdom and experience is what i love to do. So yeah i cant wait to age and also you never know you may die at 30 or younger, So you need to kinda know what to accomplish and not in the game but with that life.
    please check out the game my friend code is:438A6D

Shameless plug - you're a shark.