Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Premium MMORPG.com accounts

l2avisml2avism Member UncommonPosts: 386
edited November 2015 in Site Suggestions
How about this....
We pay $20 a year and we get really massive and overkill golden wreaths around our avatar picture.

Also you could go the P2W route and allow us to buy post counts in 1000 increments for $1.

Comments

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    l2avism said:
    How about this....
    We pay $20 a year and we get really massive and overkill golden wreaths around our avatar picture.

Also you could go the P2W route and allow us to buy post counts in 1000 increments for $1.
    Quizzical would not be pleased...

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Yes, and when I post a "critique" of a game that hurts someone's feelings and they report me and I don't get banned folks will assume it's because I was a site supporter.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    l2avism said:
    How about this....

Didn't get a wreathe around your picture once already? Or was that a set of prison bars? 
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Funny that I read this. We have that exact feature on one of our sites, you can't buy it though - you have to grind for it. :)
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This is no time for April Fools jokes.

I have never paid for any website ever, heck i have been playing on Pogo for about 15 years and never given them a single red cent.I used to hangout on Allakahzam for years,was by far my most visited site then as soon as they introduced Premium accounts ,i have never been there since.

There is only one site that remotely deserves money and that was IGN/FilePlanet.They had a mega sized Storage center ,it was costing them a LOT of money.Their excuse for closing down was of course BS,they claimed that it was  an outdated idea ....LMAO good one.Truth was it was costing them a lot of money.

I would bet a paid site would fly but your traffic would dip well below 5% of what it is now.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• l2avisml2avism Member UncommonPosts: 386
    edited November 2015
    Wizardry said:

I have never paid for any website ever, heck i have been playing on Pogo for about 15 years and never given them a single red cent.I used to hangout on Allakahzam for years,was by far my most visited site then as soon as they introduced Premium accounts ,i have never been there since.

There is only one site that remotely deserves money and that was IGN/FilePlanet.They had a mega sized Storage center ,it was costing them a LOT of money.Their excuse for closing down was of course BS,they claimed that it was  an outdated idea ....LMAO good one.Truth was it was costing them a lot of money.

I would bet a paid site would fly but your traffic would dip well below 5% of what it is now.

Nah, traffic would be the same. I didn't say anything about paywalls.
    Besides, with the increased revenue we can have less asian boobie adds and more news about MMO's (not DOTAs!).

I have a premium account on gamedev.net for example. It's cheap and I get no adds. Even if the account only cost $5 per year its still more money than what they get when you look at those adds. (some adds only pay when you click on them for example!)
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Yes, and when I post a "critique" of a game that hurts someone's feelings and they report me and I don't get banned folks will assume it's because I was a site supporter.

We don't need premium accounts for that, as just this is already happening in some way or another.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    l2avism said:
    How about this....

I'd rather buy 5 Big Macs.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    edited November 2015
    This is HILARIOUS because that's exactly what I was thinking.  People don't like me because I don't let people step all over me with their opinions.  I'd be willing to pony up to stop seeing these stupid pseudo-MMO ads.

P.S.  I KNOW I can ad-block them but I like this site and I've used it for years.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    l2avism said:
    Wizardry said:

Besides, with the increased revenue we can have less asian boobie adds and more news about MMO's (not DOTAs!).

I have a premium account on gamedev.net for example. It's cheap and I get no adds. Even if the account only cost $5 per year its still more money than what they get when you look at those adds. (some adds only pay when you click on them for example!)
    No i would HOPE most have a basic understanding of how this site operates by now.
    90% of the time it is direct advertising or potential advertising through direct links with the developer.

It is so much about advertising,they have even got away from their own policies/standards and proper moral conduct when comes to advertising policies described by LAW.

Perfect example is they claim paid reviewers need to spend a minimum of 3 weeks on a game before offering a review.That takes too long to get the money rolling,so now they use what they call "first impressions" lmao.

When have you EVER seen an unbiased review by Ripper X? If someone sent the legal board 50 of his videos they would  see nothing but positive bias spins on EVERY single game to promote advertising.It would pretty much be PROOF of breaking the law just on his biased videos alone.Of course they would claim he was paid to give his own opinion and they had no control over it,but allowing him to repeat the same infractions  for several years pretty much says they are liable.

Also when so called NEWS that is supposedly all about us the users is followed up by big ad banners the next day or two,it is more than obvious what the TRUE agenda is which is deceitful biased MISLEADING advertising.

If you have not figured out my point by now>>>You will NEVER get PREMIUM content here,only a continuous BIASED connection with advertising articles and reviews.This sites only premium articles are by the USERS because they discuss gaming from the heart with a passion ,not because they see potential dollars from their discussions.

Also these so called PREMIUM articles/content contain right now 2-3 clicks baits to create yet more revenue.so it would be like saying,lets pay them money so they can make more money off of us,geesh they should be paying us to come here.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited January 2016
    Wizardry said:
    l2avism said:
    Wizardry said:

No i would HOPE most have a basic understanding of how this site operates by now.
    90% of the time it is direct advertising or potential advertising through direct links with the developer.

It is so much about advertising,they have even got away from their own policies/standards and proper moral conduct when comes to advertising policies described by LAW.

Perfect example is they claim paid reviewers need to spend a minimum of 3 weeks on a game before offering a review.That takes too long to get the money rolling,so now they use what they call "first impressions" lmao.

When have you EVER seen an unbiased review by Ripper X? If someone sent the legal board 50 of his videos they would  see nothing but positive bias spins on EVERY single game to promote advertising.It would pretty much be PROOF of breaking the law just on his biased videos alone.Of course they would claim he was paid to give his own opinion and they had no control over it,but allowing him to repeat the same infractions  for several years pretty much says they are liable.

Also when so called NEWS that is supposedly all about us the users is followed up by big ad banners the next day or two,it is more than obvious what the TRUE agenda is which is deceitful biased MISLEADING advertising.

If you have not figured out my point by now>>>You will NEVER get PREMIUM content here,only a continuous BIASED connection with advertising articles and reviews.This sites only premium articles are by the USERS because they discuss gaming from the heart with a passion ,not because they see potential dollars from their discussions.

Also these so called PREMIUM articles/content contain right now 2-3 clicks baits to create yet more revenue.so it would be like saying,lets pay them money so they can make more money off of us,geesh they should be paying us to come here.
    What's it like to live in such a cynical world?

This is not CNN or BBC, it doesn't to be about unbiased news reporting, and yes, without any other source of revenue advertising is a core focus, much like commercial television.

Also, unless you can prove malfeasance one should probably not make accusations and assumptions about an organization's integrity.

They've stated numerous times the site content team is totally independent of the revenue generating group, and your anecdotal examples are more conspiracy theory than actual fact.

And yes, they pay me to post here.  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Please don't necro threads. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.