Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Me again

HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
edited November 2015 in Dungeons & Dragons Online
I remember i played this game for ages ago and today i returned to try again, but i coul not log in to my old acc due to the "no subs error".
So i created a new account and wamted to start over with a warlock...but then again the freemium door slammed hard in to my face again..ok..so i created a wizard  and started over, but then i started to remember more about the loot and items you find during these dungeons...and then i wonder if this game still is like when you pay for subs you get better gear for rewards and if i dont then i only find +3 gear at best-..with minor stats or magic enchants...since there was a option to reroll the loot in the chests..also i cant enter dungeons on harder lvl due to no vip subs...

So if i play this game to lvl 20 free, then i wont get epic loot ever right ?

No vip subs = No speciel class aka warlock
                       No epic loot
                       No dungeons on harder levels means im stuck with low lvl xp dungeons
                       No speciel glow effects on weapons or fancy looking armour
                       No cookies or candy
                       No fast teleport to dungeons
                       No mount
                       No  pasta and meatballs
                       No warehouse or AH
                       No NO No NO

A shame..i like the game even tho the combat is a bit clonky wonky and gfx a littel outdated..i just dont want to be ruined paying for all that no stuff

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    There is an easy solution to your issues.

Buy a VIP sub.

/end thread

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Kyleran said:
    There is an easy solution to your issues.

Buy a VIP sub.

/end thread
    Agreed

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It was one of the first games that was P2P that went F2P, it has giant sub walls because they still wanted people to sub to their game. It was one of the better sub values TBH and I think it is worth it if you enjoy the game. If you don't want to pay then the game probably isn't for you.
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    Sure but then again...there is adventure packs and these gems for extra loot and what not..so i fear 15 $ pr month woth do or bring me long

• SirKornflakesSirKornflakes Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I don't get it. If you want a complete experience just buy a sub. If you think you'll play the game longer than 2 hours $15 should be the same as a movie ticket....
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    edited November 2015
    Then stop being cheap and PAY FOR IT. Why should you get everything for free? The f2p games aren't actually f2p. You still have to pay for it. How would these games ever be truly free? They still have wages and benefits for employees to pay for, electricity, water, furniture, supplies, etc to pay for. If they don't charge you, then they shut down because no one in their right mind is going to work for free. How would they ever stay in business if it were totally free? It's not facebook. 
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Psycrovv said:
    I remember i played this game for ages ago and today i returned to try again, but i coul not log in to my old acc due to the "no subs error".
    So i created a new account and wamted to start over with a warlock...but then again the freemium door slammed hard in to my face again..ok..so i created a wizard  and started over, but then i started to remember more about the loot and items you find during these dungeons...and then i wonder if this game still is like when you pay for subs you get better gear for rewards and if i dont then i only find +3 gear at best-..with minor stats or magic enchants...since there was a option to reroll the loot in the chests..also i cant enter dungeons on harder lvl due to no vip subs...

No epic loot
                           No cookies or candy
                           No mount
                           No  pasta and meatballs
                           No warehouse or AH
                           No NO No NO

A shame..i like the game even tho the combat is a bit clonky wonky and gfx a littel outdated..i just dont want to be ruined paying for all that no stuff

I was downloading it. Thank you for the information i immediately canceled and deleted.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Psycrovv said:
    No vip subs = No special class aka warlock - True, same for a monk, big deal, one time purchase if it's that important to you

No epic loot - depends on what you mean by epic.  Rewards match the dungeons you're in

No dungeons on harder levels means im stuck with low lvl xp dungeons - Wrong, you have to unlock the higher levels on the dungeons by playing each lower setting.  Beat normal, now hard is open

No special glow effects on weapons or fancy looking armour - Not that kind of game, if you do want cosmetic armor you can buy it via the store 

No cookies or candy - If you're talking real .. ?  If in game than you get that stuff during the festivals

No fast teleport to dungeons - Waaa.  The from one side of the 'map' to the other takes maybe 3 min.  Most dungeon's are very close to the quest giver, the loading screen moving you there would probably take longer than just running over to it.

No mount - Why?  Where are you going to ride it?

No warehouse or AH - Wrong, both are available.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

Again...limits....

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Psycrovv said:
    Again...limits....
    Again..pay if you don't like limits....
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Compare to other games where you can just spend $100 to get the best sword, another $100 for the best armour, etc. and quite happily milks people out of thousands. Yes, this game pretty much needs a sub to play properly, but at least it's not as vile as a lot of the other 'f2p' stuff around.
  • LiljnaLiljna Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Psycrovv said:

No epic loot
                           No cookies or candy
                           No mount
                           No  pasta and meatballs
                           No warehouse or AH
                           No NO No NO

I'm a bit confused about this post.
    I play D&D and I can't recognise all these things you claim VIP's are getting.

But the difference between VIP and F2p is that VIP has access to all dungeons through their subscription. F2P has access to fewer dungeons, they have to buy the rest with Turbine points.
    These points can be earned for free in the game or bought with cash if you want it faster.

A F2P player does have access to the AH, they do have access to all the difficulties in dungeons.

No players (f2p and VIP) have access to pasta and meatballs, mounts, fast teleports to dungeons

Loot is _not_ restricted by your status, neither is cosmetics. There has never been a 'VIPs get better loot' situation.

Are you sure you are talking about Dungeons and Dragons Online?

Yes i am..The AH has it limits as you can only post 1 thing "item" as f2p..so kind of p2w there
    Then the new class aka warlock needs vip and you can reroll the loot on the chest you find..aka the loot is shitty at first cast to make you re roll all ur money away..for a +3 clup or maze..or w/e

Then there is a fast teleporting system i read about as vip...i have to run the whole city around as f2p.

And the cosmectics are also real life money based...

I like the DD game but i dislike how much i must pay to full enjoy the game..and i bet the rate you earn these "turbo" points is going to make you green in ur face from grinding...and i havent heard of epic dubgeons unless ur <vIP

• LiljnaLiljna Member UncommonPosts: 274
    edited November 2015
    Psycrovv said:
    Yes i am..The AH has it limits as you can only post 1 thing "item" as f2p..so kind of p2w there
    Then the new class aka warlock needs vip and you can reroll the loot on the chest you find..aka the loot is shitty at first cast to make you re roll all ur money away..for a +3 clup or maze..or w/e

Then there is a fast teleporting system i read about as vip...i have to run the whole city around as f2p.

And the cosmectics are also real life money based...

I like the DD game but i dislike how much i must pay to full enjoy the game..and i bet the rate you earn these "turbo" points is going to make you green in ur face from grinding...and i havent heard of epic dubgeons unless ur <vIP
    It is true you can reroll loot, but this is the same for a VIP, premium and a F2P player. It is not something people do, I have never heard about anyone that uses this feature. Your luck is just as bad the second time :-p
    There is definitely not a whole lot of p2w in it, more pay-to-loose.

Warlock doesn't need VIP as such, it needs you to either sub or pay for it permanently. But you are right, it is not free.

There IS NO fast teleport system for VIPS. I honestly have no idea what it is and I have been VIP from time to time and play the game regularly. VIP's get 10% run speed in cities, is this what you are thinking of? I think perhaps you have read something that is not true, or there is a misunderstanding somewhere. I play the game and I also run around the cities, just like you. Just like everyone :)

That you complain that cosmetics are money-based is something that makes me wonder if you complain just to complain. They have to earn some money somewhere for Khyber's sake!

The game has 124 dungeons that are f2p, of these 9 can be played as epic. So yes, there are epic dungeons for f2p.

The game is absolutely possible to play without paying. But it is true you don't get everything for free, and why should you? I will admit it requires some time commitment to play as 100% as free, but is that such a bad thing?

Besides if you put down 5 dollars you become premium player. This gives you 2 character slots, lifts the auction slot limit and the gold limit and some more things, I can't remember just now.

Whether the rate you earn free Turbine points is too much or fine, is a subjective feeling. But since it is a sure way to earn Turbine points and get pretty much everything for free, I personally think it is fair if it is slow. Not that many f2p games give this option. I'm amazed you dislike it.

I'm sorry if I begin to sound argumentative, but I always dislike it when people claim something about a game that is not true.

But if you feel the game is not free enough for you (or free in the right way), then this is the feeling you have and it should be respected. And I can argue till I'm blue in the face and it won't matter :)
    The point is, I believe you have read some stuff that is not true and it is putting you off the game.
    So if you truly like the game and would like to give it a chance, I would like to help you out.

But if you feel it's just not worth it, because you prefer another way of f2p game, then that is completely fine too.

Post edited by Liljna on
  • bobodaclown13bobodaclown13 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    This game does have issues.  I am sure there are walls for free players (I never played as a free players) and there are some p2w aspects that leave a sour taste in my mouth, but to respond to the OP's points and clear up any misinformation:

No vip subs = No speciel class aka warlock:  Yes.  I think 9 classes are free to everyone.  Then 2 classes are favour rewards (or can be purchased) and 3 classes are free to subscribers (or can be purchased).

No epic loot:  Keep in mind in DDO epic loot might mean something different, epic does not mean good, epic is a level definition. i.e. the higher levels are considered epic.  There are no loot restriction of free to play.  There are dungeons restrictions, so if you don't own the dungeon you can't get the loot.  You either have to earn the dungeons through grinding or purchase them (or sub).  The restrictions are tighter at higher levels, i.e. there are a lot more lower level free quests, so there is truth to what you say.  That said I have guildees who have been close to totally free to play and have 'earned' access to most of the dungeons.

No dungeons on harder levels means im stuck with low lvl xp dungeons:  You unlock the dungeons on harder levels by playing it.  i.e.  If you run it once on normal you can then run it on hard and then on elite.  In groups you can run it once whatever someone else can unlock, i.e. if the grooup is running it on elite you can jump in straight on elite.  Subscribers do skip the having to unlock part - they can run straight on elite.  So you are not stuck running it on the easier difficulties whatsoever.

No speciel glow effects on weapons or fancy looking armour: Wrong. You can get all the regular loot that subscribers get, including flaming swords etc.  There are cosmetics for sale in the DDO store (like most games now?).  I never bought one and certainly you can get good looking armour and weapons through normal loot in game.

No cookies or candy:  Assume you are being facetious.

No fast teleport to dungeons:  I don't think there is any difference between subscribers and free players in this regard, although I am happy to b corrected.  In some higher level areas, once you have visited a quest once, you can teleport to it in the future, but free players aren't restricted from this.  There is one area, Wheloon, which only allows teleporting via payments, but that is the same for subscribers.  I have certainly never payed, as each quest in Wheloon only takes 30 seconds to get to.

No mount:  There are no mounts in DDO.
                           No  pasta and meatballs: Yup.
                           No warehouse or AH:  I think you are right.  I think you have to make a single purchase in order to unlock the Auction House in order to stop gold spammer types.  A single purchase also gives you other unlocks.  
                           No NO No NO