Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 10 MMORPGs of 2015. Which one have you played?

Comments

• ramsye789ramsye789 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Iwaylo said:
    WoW is easily best from this list, second probably is gw2 but it always fails to grab me idk just too boring to play. Surprised i dont see games such as wildstar, lineage, skyforge, TERA, Aion and such in the list. 
    The list has not given numbers. It just shows that these are top MMORPG in 2015. The no 1 is totally upto you which ever you like :)
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Played them all and I would never consider Runescape in the top.  Ever, in any year.  Beyond that annoyance though, WoW is my favorite, even when I'm bored with it.  Legion looks fantastic so I've been back in it a bit, all the rest have nuances worth playing but then they lose me worse then WoW ever did.
    LynxJSA said:
    DMKano said:
    ramsye789 said:
    DMKano said:
    ^ many people bail on their RL relationships faster than WoW. 11 years is an eternity today as far as relationships go.

You still in relation with wow? ;)
    Heh no - I dropped WoW back in Vanilla and never want back. Never played any of the expansions. 
    I stopped before The Burning Crusade and actually just returned yesterday to introduce my son to World of Warcraft. I noticed the Undead Hunter and other classes for the WoW d20 RPG made it into the game. AND... he starts out with a pet; no waiting until level 10.  The graphics seem to have stood the test of time, and the skill system seems to have been streamlined down to automatically doling the skill out or something. We're only level 5 so I haven't seen what happens beyond that. 
    And the best dad award goes to @LynxJSA ;
  • sZakootaisOPsZakootaisOP Member UncommonPosts: 19
    elocke said:
    Played them all and I would never consider Runescape in the top.  Ever, in any year.  Beyond that annoyance though, WoW is my favorite, even when I'm bored with it.  Legion looks fantastic so I've been back in it a bit, all the rest have nuances worth playing but then they lose me worse then WoW ever did.

Yea that is true. But every game deserves to be in top list for once ... Maybe It is game developer's lucky day HAHA
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited November 2015
    Surprised EQ2 was not on the list. That is the game I sub to. Have played most on the list. Wow was fun for a while up to Lich King. I never got beyond level 74 in Wow but it was fun while it lasted. GW2 I just could never get into. I have tried many times. Never tried FFIVX but have thought about it.
    You should definitely give FFIVX a try. You will not get disappointed :winky: 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Maybe I will. I have to get through this round of beta of Blade and Soul first though =)
    How is Blade and soul going? would you recommend it? 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    everyone will be playing black desert. ow wait its not the list?

but yes black desert is the only mentionable currently.. all the others on the list are old mmos
    Snoepie said:

but yes black desert is the only mentionable currently.. all the others on the list are old mmos
    I guess its still in beta. is it?
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Snoepie said:

Black desert would never reach my list..I simply do not like it..
    Shows how different us gamers are I guess.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Never played Runescape or FFXIV, and have been firmly in the EVE and only EVE since Jul 2014

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    Snoepie said:

Black desert would never reach my list..I simply do not like it..
    Shows how different us gamers are I guess.
    well same here.. but alot people will like it tho..

its a complete game.. lots of stuff ingame// combat feels smooth. next gen visuals

the devs are doing weekly patches and are very involved.

BDO will be a hit here in na and eu
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    edited November 2015
    ArcheAge.
    Its still this game and its still a great experience to me.

• BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    FF14 for about a year, GW2 & TESO barely a month each, LoTro & WoW a few months each (Was a hardcore EVE player back then),  EVE-Online about 7 years.  Never played Rift or Runescape 3.  Didn't bother with ArcheAge F2P. Haven't played, nor am I planning to play SW:tor (Never liked EA for screwing up the Sim City & HOMM franchises)

Currently on Elite: Dangerous and enjoying every second of it, along with Cities : Skyline, when I want a change of scenery. :) 
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,454
    Is that Top 10 site supposed to be important or something? There's plenty of "Top 10 games of 2015" sites/videos etc.
    Dattelis said:
    Is that Top 10 site supposed to be important or something? There's plenty of "Top 10 games of 2015" sites/videos etc.
    They are top 10 mmorpg games :)

rawfox said:
    ArcheAge.
    Its still this game and its still a great experience to me.

Have you played wow?
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    elocke said:

Wow, I read that first line without the word never!  That wouldn't make sense with elocke!  lol
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• sZakootaisOPsZakootaisOP Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Dattelis said:

Games are well selected except for Runescape for me.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I love EVE Online. I wish I had time to play it the way I want to.

I hope they never change it so that it's easier for casuals to play because I wouldn't play it if they did.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • StarS0ftStarS0ft Member UncommonPosts: 124
    my comments:
    ArcheAge 
    played in beta - bored quite fast, pointless game

EVE Online
    didn't try

SWTOR
    Tried, but so outdated
    invisible walls limited exploraitons
    looks as ugly WOW in space

LOTRO
    Tried, looks nice but as like poor outdated WOW clone, no point to play.

Runescape 3
    Never tried

ESO
    Tried, looks as boring and ugly attempt to mix Skyrim, Wow and GW2
    bad pvp, animation and group content killed the game for me

FFXIV
    Tried, so slow combat and japan anime style not for me
    also often no voice over - looks outdated
    also so limited world, invisible walls everywhere - not for anybody who like the exploration

WoW
    Played 6 years. Hardcore PvE guild. 5/7 raiding. Point.
    Quit in pandaria after daily-grind-fest
    Tried Dreanor for a month and leave.
    Great game. Still my favorite of my past. 

GW2
    Playing 3 years. My top-1.
    Also expansion is so incredible!!!
    The games go like this:

- Start at level 1. Get 5 quests from NPCs around. Complete them and come back for reward and 5 more quests. Keep repeating this.
    - An hour later at level 10, you already got a shining armor and a sword bigger than your character.
    - Two hours into the game, you are already killing dragons with your over the top looking equip.
    - On the first day of playing as a mage, you already cast meteor showers, blizzard and similar "highend" spells.
    - A week later, you are done with character progression as you get to the level cap. No new skills, no new spells, no more development of your character. You got it all. Nothing to look forward to except for gear maybe.
    - Endgame! Finally I am there! Now I can get involved in epic adventures like instanced dungeons, instanced raids, and meaningless e-sport kind of PvP. Just make sure everything is perfectly balanced because MMOs are supposed to be like fantasy counter strike where horizontal progression is the key. Screw the RPG, it is the player skill that should determine outcome of an encounter, not the power of your character.

If the developers try to break at least some of the elements of this formula and create a game that actually brings something fresh to the mmo market, they make sure to totally rape it by using monetization model which makes you pay for every move in the game. Want to loot this mob? Pick up this flower? Cut this tree? Mine this vein? Need more labor points, my friend.

People seem to be happy with the games, so I guess its just me.  

That escalated quickly..!! o.O
    StarS0ft said:
    my comments:
    ArcheAge 
    played in beta - bored quite fast, pointless game

EVE Online
    didn't try

SWTOR
    Tried, but so outdated
    invisible walls limited exploraitons
    looks as ugly WOW in space

LOTRO
    Tried, looks nice but as like poor outdated WOW clone, no point to play.

Runescape 3
    Never tried

ESO
    Tried, looks as boring and ugly attempt to mix Skyrim, Wow and GW2
    bad pvp, animation and group content killed the game for me

FFXIV
    Tried, so slow combat and japan anime style not for me
    also often no voice over - looks outdated
    also so limited world, invisible walls everywhere - not for anybody who like the exploration

WoW
    Played 6 years. Hardcore PvE guild. 5/7 raiding. Point.
    Quit in pandaria after daily-grind-fest
    Tried Dreanor for a month and leave.
    Great game. Still my favorite of my past. 

GW2
    Playing 3 years. My top-1.
    Also expansion is so incredible!!!
    EVE online deserve a shot brother. A must play title :)