Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best character for light side story

eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
edited November 2015 in Star Wars: The Old Republic
Story wise---what light side character has the best story?

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    eddieg50 said:
    Story wise---what light side character has the best story?
    Story is not complete...how do we know.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    I have played a sith inquisitor and enjoyed the story for him, what would you recommend for the light side story wise?
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Consular probably.  A lot of people don't like the story.  I think it is very light side in nature. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Best, is of course, a highly subjective matter to all. Personally, I find the jedi/sith storylines to be very generic and unoriginal regardless of the karma choices you make.

The stories I found the most interesting are agent/bounty hunter/smuggler/trooper as they have at least *some* original content as far as the Star Wars universe is concerned.

Depending on what you are looking for :

The trooper light side storyline is very stoic, hero amongst the rabble style continuation and although it is full of cliches, it is well done.

The agent light side is still quite dark and doesn't play like anything I've ever read from the Star Wars Universe, (although, I highly suggest the dark side as it is pretty satisfying)

The smuggler and bounty hunter stories aren't very influenced  by your karma choices, little nuances more than anything.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

thanks I think I will try the agent sounds like fun

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Gorwe said:
    Consular is the most Light Side you can go. But Knight isn't far behind tbh.
    Probably.
    I also enjoyed Light Side Sith though, since your character is then the one looking to change the Empire for the better from within, yet they can't really escape being forced to do some of the horrid things the Empire does. :pleased: 

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Gorwe said:
    Probably.
    I also enjoyed Light Side Sith though, since your character is then the one looking to change the Empire for the better from within, yet they can't really escape being forced to do some of the horrid things the Empire does. :pleased: 
    Since the title is not about "factions" just "light side story", I'd too say LS Inquisitor :wink:  LS Agent is ok too, but as written above, dark (or even neutral) Agent is much more fitting.
    LS Knight is too bland, LS Trooper is pretty funny because it's so over-the-top "sir! yes! sir!", that it's almost like a parody of military movies (at least for me, I always feel a MASH-kinda vibe when on LS Trooper :lol: ) - but yep, the darker the Trooper, the better the story.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    edited November 2015
    The sad thing is you learn far more about the emperor playing the Jedi Knight story than you do from playing both Sith classes.  I recommend knight simply because it fills in so many of the pieces of the overall story you just don't get playing any other class, which is kinda sad.

(Actually I take that back.  Agent is mindblowingly good, the best story telling I've ever seen in an MMO, do that one if you haven't done it.)
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Po_gg said:
    Gorwe said:
    Probably.
    Since the title is not about "factions" just "light side story", I'd too say LS Inquisitor :wink:  LS Agent is ok too, but as written above, dark (or even neutral) Agent is much more fitting.
    LS Knight is too bland, LS Trooper is pretty funny because it's so over-the-top "sir! yes! sir!", that it's almost like a parody of military movies (at least for me, I always feel a MASH-kinda vibe when on LS Trooper :lol: ) - but yep, the darker the Trooper, the better the story.
    DS Trooper's fun indeed. And running around with Elara made it all the more hilarious for me, since she's a very LS companion. All those sputtering protests! "But... sir, you can't be serious!"  "Just watch me." xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Even though the story is nothing more than stupid squabbling among bunch of fools, playing a light side sith warrior or light side sith inquisitor made me feel fulfilled somehow. But if you want to know more about sith emperor then jedi knight and jedi consular is must.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.